Anyone here into firearms?

2spukie4mee

Tonfas.jpg

Tonfas

Nightstick.jpg

Tactical gentle encouragement device.

I personally don't carry anything like that, pepper spray and a teaser are enough for my less than lethal weapons.

i have assembled 2x fn fal,2x ar15, pistol grip conversion and saiga .308, have worked on an sks, Beretta m9, mossberg 500, swedish mauser and a few other things

but i don't own any guns

I love going to the range once in a while. I own no guns though.

But one of my friends has a few nice ones that he lets me shoot.

A swedish made Mauser 

A Ruger single 10 (Really nice to shoot)

Some hunting rifles that i can't remember the names of

And a Sig Sauer p226 (Swedish police sidearm)

Getting my licence sometime in the future so i can collect muskets.

But for now im more of a compound bow guy^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I personally don't carry anything like that, pepper spray and a teaser are enough for my less than lethal weapons.

p-3679-Mace-Triple-Action-Pepper-Spray-H

Tactical "I'm not telling you again" spray

SFTPPRS1000007995_-01_Back_Streetwise-23

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

p-3679-Mace-Triple-Action-Pepper-Spray-HTactical "I'm not telling you again" spraySFTPPRS1000007995_-01_Back_Streetwise-23

I should pick up that pink bottle for my mom...

yeah they look interesting... but being in Canada and underaged.. i dont even have an airsoft :( :(

I've shot a P226 and some .22 rifles.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Even i'm from Finland and here isn't so popular to own a gun. I might get one if it is necessary. And my opinion is that if the gun is storage'd right and it is used only for a reason. Then it is fear enough to own a gun. 

Failure is not an option!

My dad has a Remington 870, I have a Savage Fox Model B double barrel and a Savage Mark II F .22. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Yeah I have a 1911... In Far Cry 3...

*goes to a corner and cries*

(guns are illegal here in NL)

I am but I don't have the guns or the money for ammunition. Pretty decent shot for someone that doesn't go out often.

I don't own any guns, because this is Belgium and I might as well ask for a rocket launcher with ground-to-air tracking, but I WOULD like to own a Brown Bess musket...

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Yeah, only an airsoft from a while ago... A few years and I can get my gun licence but 'till then I use my family/friends guns.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

• 4 months later...

I really like guns, but I'm not one of those "I plead the second" guys. I shoot because it's fun and that's the only reason. Anyway, is there any gun nuts out here? Just to start, what's your favorite gun that you've shot?

yay! gun enthusiast and a pc enthusiast at the same time! (im a car enthusiast too lol)

BTW, im in canada and the laws are soooo tight... but im not old enough to own a firearm yet anyways (15), but i would like to say that my favourite gun (i didnt shoot it though xD) would be a suppressed .300 blackout ar. gotta love dem 220gr subsonic pills :)

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

No, and not to be a troll but I am glad I live here where guns are not easily allowed.

I guess I qualify as a gun enthusiast. I have several different guns, been shooting competitively for the last 3 years in IDPA and IPSC. I shoot mostly handguns but have been getting the itch to do more distance shooting lately. 

Here is my competition gun:

01b5a417-cfc7-4213-93f1-60128e590ef5_zps

Sorry, I was playing with some of the filters with this pic :P

And probably the prettiest gun in my collection:

2014-04-22205539_zps03e4d0e8.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I dont own any guns, but i sure as hell have a ton of fun shooting them at the range. :lol:

i have quite a few airsoft guns, but those dont really count.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I guess I qualify as a gun enthusiast. I have several different guns, been shooting competitively for the last 3 years in IDPA and IPSC. I shoot mostly handguns but have been getting the itch to do more distance shooting lately. 

Here is my competition gun:

-snip

Sorry, I was playing with some of the filters with this pic :P

And probably the prettiest gun in my collection:

-snip

Is that an xD, or XDM? I had a .40 cal XDM, OD green handle, stainless slide with match barrel, loved it, but after the accidental discharge I had with it, didn't trust it anymore.

Also, prefer the grip of a .45, 1911. Just something about the way it fits your hand when it has a hogue grip on it.

And as if it needed to be said, I'm probably the biggest gun nut on this forum. At least in that I stockpile things, don't do any competitions or anything, mainly because of cost.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Is that an xD, or XDM? I had a .40 cal XDM, OD green handle, stainless slide with match barrel, loved it, but after the accidental discharge I had with it, didn't trust it anymore.

Also, prefer the grip of a .45, 1911. Just something about the way it fits your hand when it has a hogue grip on it.

And as if it needed to be said, I'm probably the biggest gun nut on this forum. At least in that I stockpile things, don't do any competitions or anything, mainly because of cost.

It's an XDm. Probably close to 4000 rounds through it now, hasnt had a single hiccup. 

Yeah the thin-ness of a 1911 is hard to match in any double stack gun. I still haven't invested in a 1911 yet but a stainless Springfield TRP is on my list :)

What happened with your AD?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It's an XDm. Probably close to 4000 rounds through it now, hasnt had a single hiccup. 

Yeah the thin-ness of a 1911 is hard to match in any double stack gun. I still haven't invested in a 1911 yet but a stainless Springfield TRP is on my list :)

What happened with your AD?

AD?

If you mean my XDm, I well....forgot it was loaded, and wanted to decock it.....hole in the wall, pissed myself a little, thankfully no one got hurt. In the end that's why I traded it in, don't like striker fired guns, prefer something with a hammer.

AD?

If you mean my XDm, I well....forgot it was loaded, and wanted to decock it.....hole in the wall, pissed myself a little, thankfully no one got hurt. In the end that's why I traded it in, don't like striker fired guns, prefer something with a hammer.

AD = Accidental Discharge

Yeah that will do it. I have become a bit of a press check whore if there is such a thing. Did you get anything to replace it? 

AD = Accidental Discharge

Yeah that will do it. I have become a bit of a press check whore if there is such a thing. Did you get anything to replace it? 

Just the .45 and a walther p22 (the camo model). Since then I've expanded my collection to include a WW-15, savage model 10-FP-SR, remington 870, and my old "bubba'd" up moisin nagant (1923, hex receiver).

I recently got a STEAL of a deal on a bushnell scope for the savage, 6-18x50, for less than $200. Looks amazing on the savage, have yet to test it out because my dad is...a complete and total ignorant moron when it comes to gun, despite owning 3 himself.

He thinks my .308 rifle will go through 2 and a half miles worth of heavy hilly forest, and hit someone. Meanwhile the guy across the river from us was shooting a full auto today. Guessing 9mm from the sound and the fact he's about a half a mile or less from us physically.

Never actually heard full auto fire before....sounded fun as fuck considering how many rounds he let off, guessing at least 4 mags. He's a gun smith, occasionally shoots something that rattles our windows, guessing either a .50 rifle or an actual cannon.

A7gAQu5.jpg

Just the .45 and a walther p22 (the camo model). Since then I've expanded my collection to include a WW-15, savage model 10-FP-SR, remington 870, and my old "bubba'd" up moisin nagant (1923, hex receiver).

I recently got a STEAL of a deal on a bushnell scope for the savage, 6-18x50, for less than $200. Looks amazing on the savage, have yet to test it out because my dad is...a complete and total ignorant moron when it comes to gun, despite owning 3 himself.

He thinks my .308 rifle will go through 2 and a half miles worth of heavy hilly forest, and hit someone. Meanwhile the guy across the river from us was shooting a full auto today. Guessing 9mm from the sound and the fact he's about a half a mile or less from us physically.

Never actually heard full auto fire before....sounded fun as fuck considering how many rounds he let off, guessing at least 4 mags. He's a gun smith, occasionally shoots something that rattles our windows, guessing either a .50 rifle or an actual cannon.

You didn't know that .308 is practically a laser beam?!?!?  :rolleyes:

I've had the chance to shoot a FA MP-5 a couple of times at matches. One of our local guys owns one and lends it to the club for special stages. Its a crazy amount of fun, but you really can go through ammo at an alarming rate. 

yay! gun enthusiast and a pc enthusiast at the same time! (im a car enthusiast too lol)

BTW, im in canada and the laws are soooo tight... but im not old enough to own a firearm yet anyways (15), but i would like to say that my favourite gun (i didnt shoot it though xD) would be a suppressed .300 blackout ar. gotta love dem 220gr subsonic pills :)

Can you Canadians have suppressors? Serious question, I really dont know.