Anyone here into firearms?

2spukie4mee

I would call myself a gun enthusiast even though I've never shot one in my life

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Not sure if Logan is going to put this in one of his videos, but figured you guys would like to see these.

Last video is the best

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B8RH5ffK_ZSWZjlwX2p6THFxQm8&usp=sharing

Edit - (All of those are mine btw).

Currently own two, a sporterized Springfield M1903, on the auction block right now, I really wanted a Mil-Surp M1903. Got this as a way to try to trade and buy my way into mil-surp.

Always wanted a classic bolt action.

I don't know if you've heard of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), but you can buy surplus vintage military firearms from them at various grades of quality. The last I checked their supply was a little low, but sometimes they will get in several crates at one time, so I usually check back regularly. Here is a link to their sales page.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Can you Canadians have suppressors? Serious question, I really dont know. 

i believe that you can, however you need a license and a bunch of crap like that. Getting an ar in canada is tedious enough - it can take up to 9 month! and on top of that, you probably know that you cant have any more than 5 bullets in a rifle magazine of any kind... which is really stupid because they use a rivet to drill into the side of the magazine to cap it at 5 but any criminal who doesnt give a shit about the law (all of them) will be able to undrill it in like 3 seconds...  :mellow:

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

I live in new jersey. I wish i could be into guns, but it's not that easy here

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I own a Springfield xD .45 Tactical (5"), and a Winchester SXP Defender 12ga.  I haven't had the opportunity to shoot either.  I do like shooting, I think it's fun in a casual way, but I don't particularly like guns.  Nothing against them, they just don't interest me. I don't think they're "cool," I don't care about owning or modifying them.  I bought those two because they're well rated and easy to handle.

I love guns, personally. however I live in the UK so... Yeah.

But hey! It's better than California!

Push-To-Talk is a wonderful thing.

I love guns, personally. however I live in the UK so... Yeah.

But hey! It's better than California!

PEkBoao.gif

not really for gun ownership lol

PEkBoao.gif

not really for gun ownership lol

Well, handguns and the like are off limits unless you have a section 5 license (usually available to people on government security contracts and the like. Go figure) but, .50 BMG rifles, semiautomatic shotguns and suppressors are perfectly legal as long as you have the appropriate license which anyone can obtain.

I suppose it's just more about what sort of stuff you're into.

Push-To-Talk is a wonderful thing.

I don't know if you've heard of the Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP), but you can buy surplus vintage military firearms from them at various grades of quality. The last I checked their supply was a little low, but sometimes they will get in several crates at one time, so I usually check back regularly. Here is a link to their sales page.

Yeah, I looked into the CMP a long time ago. Club membership requirements aside, they never have anything I am interested in, at a price I can afford, available. And M1903s are going to be sparse for the foreseeable future. I'm probably just going to have to keep my eye open on auction sites and gun shows.

Sad, but maybe a company will start making modern reproductions in the near future. I know the plans for M1903 actions are floating around out there.

I like Model 1100s

-

I live in good ol' West Virginia I could strap 3 handguns to my leg, 2 on my arm and carry a assault rifle on my back and be good.