Why does EVERY AMD thread become a bluegreen vs red war?

Sonefiler
Go to solution Solved by XTankSlayerX,

Casue humans are assholes.

Hey guys,

So recently with the Fiji XT cores in shipping found and Mantle SDK being released, I've noticed that these threads always end up in flamewars.

For example, on the Fiji XT thread in the Tech News subforum, it became an Intel-AMD war, even though Intel had nothing to do with the conversation. Flamers completely took over the thread at that point and made the whole thread a full-on war. 

Also on the Mantle SDK thing, it became a war about Ubisoft and Gameworks. That isn't Mantle, shut your yappers.  I bet this thread will also become a flame war. 

Anyways, why does this happen? And why does it seem to be more common on AMD threads?

And it brings up a more interesting topic too: Why do people suck off people who can find fault in things on the Internet? Somehow finding bad things makes you "intelligent". No, it starts flamewars like the ones in the aforementioned threads.

What are your thoughts on this? 

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

because people fight over everything

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Anyways, why does this happen? And why does it seem to be more common on AMD threads?

My hypothesis that I do not care to test:

AMD is underperforming in almost every category except pricepoint, and this is based on benchmarks that cannot be argued. Both Intel and Nvidia always beat them.

One would argue it's simply because Nvidia and Intel have more money to put into R&D.

Thing is, you have people from both sides who don't know how to interact, they don't know that they're system may be inferior to another - AMD CPU's are inferior to Intel's in almost (maybe not almost, but) every way. So when they see the asshat "Lol AMD sucks"-esque comments, they immediately go into defense mode, moreso than Intel/Nvidia owners do from what I've seen.

This also happens with consoles versus PC's.

People - from both sides - do not realize there is a way to talk to and learn from eachother without being complete idiots about it.

My hypothesis that I do not care to test:

AMD is underperforming in almost every category except pricepoint, and this is based on benchmarks that cannot be argued. Both Intel and Nvidia always beat them.

One would argue it's simply because Nvidia and Intel have more money to put into R&D.

Thing is, you have people from both sides who don't know how to interact, they don't know that they're system may be inferior to another - AMD CPU's are inferior to Intel's in almost (maybe not almost, but) every way. So when they see the asshat "Lol AMD sucks"-esque comments, they immediately go into defense mode, moreso than Intel/Nvidia owners do from what I've seen.

This also happens with consoles versus PC's.

People - from both sides - do not realize there is a way to talk to and learn from eachother without being complete idiots about it.

Oh, here we go...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

That's just the way life is. If you talk about Mcdonalds someone will bring up Burger King. If you talk about Chevy, someone will bring up Ford. Competition is good for the consumer in most cases but when it comes to talking about anything the idiots on here always try to throw jabs (and usually don't know more than "I watched a video Linus made and the number for intel was higher therefore AMD sucks"). 

It's just life, deal with it. 

Both Intel and Nvidia always beat them.

Doesn't help when people make claims like this which aren't true...   Specifically; blanket-statements with little to no context to support the claim.

I agree with the rest of what you said though - the fact that some people just don't know how to interact nor discuss topics in a civilized manner, regardless of whether the other person is right or wrong, agrees or disagrees. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I think it's because every person who buys a product wants to think that they got a superior product. Most people don't seem to be level headed enough to realize that (especially with Graphics cards) both Nvidia and AMD trade blows with their strengths and weaknesses.

Ooh, here we go again!

Because Nvidia is always superior to AMD.

/s

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Cuz nvidia fanboys can't stand that amd might be better in some aspects.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Ooh, here we go again!

/s

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Ooh, here we go again!

/s

oh my god don't.

Also, you double posted.

Cuz nvidia fanboys can't stand that amd might be better in some aspects.

i would say vice versa as well

I think it's because every person who buys a product wants to think that they got a superior product. Most people don't seem to be level headed enough to realize that (especially with Graphics cards) both Nvidia and AMD trade blows with their strengths and weaknesses.

This seems to apply to everything

apple vs windows

intel vs amd

nvidia vs amd

chrome vs firefox

ps4 vs xbox (not including PC because we all know who wins that fight :P )

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because we have people called Fanboys/Fangirls who will swear blindly to what they bought and will ignore any one who states anything against that product/brand aka People whom if I called them Retards would offend Retards.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

lmao now this thread gon turn into one too... nice job dude.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

simple psychology: people become emotionally invested in what they paid money for, and anyone that tells them they bought the wrong product will either be quiet and say nothing, defend the product they did buy, or pretend they bought the other product and say they are having issues. It's rare that someone will say that a product sucks when they just bought it, unless a lot of people bought it too and think it sucks (misery likes company), or if it didn't cost that much by their standards of expensive. you can be sure if the 290/x had coil whine issues, you would never hear the end of it, but if nvidia cards are having coil whine issues, it gets buried and no one is allowed to talk about it for long. its also all about who can be the loudest (figuratively speaking).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

i buy only AMD but its not for reasons most would think... i have no problem with intel and nvidia or acknowledging that intel cpus are better in performance per clock. i do even recommend to my friends to buy intel or nvidia or amd. but i buy amd only as i rather give my money to a company that is falling behind and if that company fell off the face of the earth due to some reasons that might not have happened yet then intel would rape our assholes with overpriced stuff. i want to help keep the underdogs here for as long as i can and if that means i have slightly less performance than slightly less performance i shall have.... though i do have and intel/nvidia laptop just cuase i love the look og the asus g750 series and they dont have an amd version. 

Oh no, it's turned into a flame ware and we didn't even realize.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D