POLL: Top Banner on the Forum for Linus Media Group Office Campaign - Yay or nay?

I'm definitely contributing. And sure make it a banner! I'll just change it on my end.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The language used in the post was very nice. So that's a yes vote. Also, 53 to 1 seems overwhelmingly positive

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Yes! There should be way that when you contribute a certain amount you should get a thank you banner.

This is cool. I want to play around with the idea of making some graphics for this.

Good luck guys!

So long as the site gets a new top banner after the campaign is over to replace the old one, I see nothing objectionable. The new banner will help usher in a new era for LMG, plus, the old one is too crowded and incomplete IMO.

yeah!, as long as it looks pleasing to the eye, so it does not change the amazing look of this forum 

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Why the hell wouldn't you? I'd donate except I'm so broke that all I could send would be bits of string of varying lengths....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A little(not the actual size) banner at the top shouldn't hinder anyone in any way. So with that said I guess I'm all for it and so are 77 other people.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

I voted yes. Knock yourselves out with this campaign.

In return, I expect you to get a good office with ample room for ALL that tech stuff you have there.

I still cringe thinking back of the LTT office tour video where Linus walks up the stairs and

stumbles upon a nvidia quadro just laying bare on some cardbox  :blink:

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

Go for it, if it will help you lot get more donations, then I'm all for it happening. But one of the days can you please put a spoof advert appearance there instead, so it looks like one of the ones @terrytek mentioned, even though it isn't.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Sure! If it's helping LMG.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Of course guys, just make it look a bit fancier than the banners that Wikipedia uses and we're all good.

Absolutely, 

you guys deserve it and asking our permission? who else would do that?

go for it.

Go for it. You guys provide excellent content. So a little ad wont hurt.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Of course! I'm excited to see the new offices, you MUST do an updated tour!

Go for it! You guys deserve any help you can get. The fact that you felt the need to ask your community before you did anything is awesome and proves that you deserve it.

Only if you bring back unboxing videos #RETRO

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

What is this?

As you may or may not have heard, we are moving to a new office very very soon! This is extremely exciting for all of us, as it means that we will have the space to put together amazing sets for our current shows as well as any shows that may come in the future. It also gives us the space to pick up some new team members here at LMG, something that we are pretty much out of in our current office...

Over the next month and a bit, we will be running a crowdfunding campaign through the forum to help supplement our moving expenses and renovation costs. There will be some very cool contributor rewards and quite a few awesome stretch goals (more info on those soon :D :D).

Now, many moons ago when the forum was but a wee discussion board, we promised that we would never add a top banner ad to our site. We know that many of you guys appreciate that, and we never plan to accept payment for a top banner spot on our forum.

However, with your approval, we would love to be able to advertise our own crowdfunding campaign in the top banner spot. Obviously our dedicated community members will find out about the campaign either way, but casual visitors might not see it unless it is prominently displayed in a spot like the top banner.

So please answer the poll and leave your thoughts down below. Can we add a top banner for our own campaign? Would we be going against our word to do so even though it's for our own campaign with no third party involved?

Rest assured, we won't be adding a top banner ad for our crowdfunding campaign unless there is an immensely positive response to this poll.

Thanks everyone!

-Nick

Hi @nicklmg, any chance we can see a mock-up of what it would look like (Even a vague resemblance?)

I'm all for it, but I'm still kind of curious how it would "fit" into the top spot.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)