POLL: Top Banner on the Forum for Linus Media Group Office Campaign - Yay or nay?

What is this?
As you may or may not have heard, we are moving to a new office very very soon! This is extremely exciting for all of us, as it means that we will have the space to put together amazing sets for our current shows as well as any shows that may come in the future. It also gives us the space to pick up some new team members here at LMG, something that we are pretty much out of in our current office...

Over the next month and a bit, we will be running a crowdfunding campaign through the forum to help supplement our moving expenses and renovation costs. There will be some very cool contributor rewards and quite a few awesome stretch goals (more info on those soon :D :D).

Now, many moons ago when the forum was but a wee discussion board, we promised that we would never add a top banner ad to our site. We know that many of you guys appreciate that, and we never plan to accept payment for a top banner spot on our forum.

However, with your approval, we would love to be able to advertise our own crowdfunding campaign in the top banner spot. Obviously our dedicated community members will find out about the campaign either way, but casual visitors might not see it unless it is prominently displayed in a spot like the top banner.

So please answer the poll and leave your thoughts down below. Can we add a top banner for our own campaign? Would we be going against our word to do so even though it's for our own campaign with no third party involved?

Rest assured, we won't be adding a top banner ad for our crowdfunding campaign unless there is an immensely positive response to this poll.

Thanks everyone!
-Nick

Simple enough. FUCK YEAH.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

As long as its just for the crowdfunding, sure. 

No more, no less. Only the crowdfunding campaign. 

@nicklmg

What will happen with the banner once the campaign ends? Will it go away, or will it become a place for regular ads?

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

Sounds good to me , although there will be those who would be annoyed by that :/ like guests

Details separate people.

It's your website, so you can feel free to do whatever you want with it! As long as it is not malicious :P I'm all for the crowdfunding advertisement in the top banner spot. 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

THis is negative (ish) but Linus is known for his kitchen set and homly feel of his videos, I hope it doesnt change when moving to an office.

But still, anything to expand, I say yes!

oh and @nicklmg, while you're at it, bother linus till he hobbles over to the green hair linus thread and gives a good excuse! lel

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

It's an ad, but a different kind of ad then a google ad. MOAR POWER

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Is this even a question? Do it. 

We won't mind. It's for the better of everyone. You guys get the cash you need to do business stuff and whatnot, and we get more, higher quality videos. It's a win-win situation for everyone

XKQCC3S.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

as long its to help LTT

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Please just make sure it isn't too obnoxious!

Yeah, I'm sick of those "YOU'RE THE 1 MILLIONTH CUSTOMER! FILL THIS SURVEY SO WE CAN INFECT YOUR COMPUTER." type ads.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Sure, I see self-advertisement as being different to advertising other companies. Bring it on, you'll only get more donations and I doubt anyone will be supremely annoyed.

If it helps LMG even the slightest, than I'm all for it. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Please just make sure it isn't too obnoxious!

I'm not 100% sure what it will look like (waiting on the results of this poll before we create anything), but it will be a still image, mostly text, in LMG colours. I'm assuming (and please don't quote me on this as it may change) that it will be similar to our affiliates one on the right side of the page.

Yeah, I'm sick of those "YOU'RE THE 1 MILLIONTH CUSTOMER! FILL THIS SURVEY SO WE CAN INFECT YOUR COMPUTER." type ads.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that it will give you emojis and claim that you won a cruise. kidding please don't hate me

Our goal will be to minimize its impact on normal forum use.

yeah, thats a good idea, anyone that knows his way here will imediatly scroll onwards anyways to their desired subforum :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

What will happen with the banner once the campaign ends? Will it go away, or will it become a place for regular ads?

We still do not plan to sell any top banner ads. The spot will be removed when the campaign ends.

Yes. Give us a way to disable it, though? (similar to: Hide all signatures?)

We still do not plan to sell any top banner ads. The spot will be removed when the campaign ends.

It's better if you keep the top banner as an ad for yourself. If you will be doing it, might as well stick to it and don't remove it. In other words, I think the forum won't mind if you won't remove the ad as long as it's for the LMG and not another company. ;)

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Yes. Give us a way to disable it, though? (similar to: Hide all signatures?)

Oh, I recon that's a decent idea. 

Like with KissAnime, there's a little "Hide" button below and to the right of the image. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!