Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

big government and big pharma should be wiped

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

• Some Macs are good for the money (at launch) for the specific target market.
  • Black and white still looks good in a build
  • Razer are the new Apple

I'm kind of christian in a sense, but not in the way people think. You know how we can only trace back the big bang to a infinitely small and dense point. Well I believe that whatever created that, would in a sense, be God. I wouldn't worship it though and TBH i think it made it and left us.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

I really like steam, origin and others like it just aren't diverse enough

I've never noticed any microstuttering with AMD gpus, I think it's been blown way out of proportion by Ryan (I think that's his name, the one who came onto the live stream) and people jumping onto the bandwagon.

Democracy is a terrible system, IMO benevolent dictatorships are the best.

I don't believe people should be treated different based on there sex, race, whatever. That includes many aborigines (in Australia), money is thrown at them by the government yet they still complain about discrimination.

People shouldn't get the dole unless they do community service.

I believe there are aliens, although not the invading earth type, if anything we'd be more likely to do that :P

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

Xbox one will beat the ps4 to the ground. 

Xbone = Better online, solid achievement system. Much better exclusives and also better controller.

PS4 =  Retarded PC that can't do alot. 

Come on serioulsy, if you're gonna get a PS4 might as well spend it to upgrade your computer. Friggin steam has a better experience than a ps4. Also kinect always on is not a drawback. Anyone who thinks so is just trying pick a reason to hate on the xbox one, now that its getting harder.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

• Some Macs are good for the money (at launch) for the specific target market.
  • Black and white still looks good in a build
  • Razer are the new Apple

I'm kind of christian in a sense, but not in the way people think. You know how we can only trace back the big bang to a infinitely small and dense point. Well I believe that whatever created that, would in a sense, be God. I wouldn't worship it though and TBH i think it made it and left us.

I love the cinema display, no competition. Also macbooks are awesome. I have 2012 one and its pretty cool.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Almost all gaming systems spend way to much on CPU. Any gaming rig below 7970 Would be fine off with an i3 or equally priced.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

I actually agree with you on this... Feminists believe that women>men, yet claim that they stand for equality. It's a load of crap if you ask me.

That's just not factually accurate. I know plenty of feminists including myself who are for equal rights across the board. The people who hold opinions like that are the ass-hats popularly titled "feminazi's". They are very vocal and so they are associated more with feminism than the boundless less vocal and more reasonable people are.

Indie games are all crap. I understand that they're not meant to compete with AAA titles but still.

"An Excellent Signature"

I'm an atheist that thinks the recent internet movements (/r/atheism and the like) are too busy targeting Abrahamic religions, overly militant about it, and somewhat pompous.

That's just not factually accurate. I know plenty of feminists including myself who are for equal rights across the board. The people who hold opinions like that are the ass-hats popularly titled "feminazi's". They are very vocal and so they are associated more with feminism than the boundless less vocal and more reasonable people are.

The problem is that feminism and humanism has gotten kind of intertwined in the understanding of the word feminism. Even the university I go to have a department fore "feminist studies" but they actually (as fare as I can tell) do humanists studies. 

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

I'll play.

• I think 90% of the EA hate is just people band wagoning. Personally I have no major problem with them, that said the only only EA title I play is Bf3.
  • I find origin far more intuitive and less clunky than steam (although there's some crap in the user agreement I dislike).
  • I think razer products are overpriced and of average quality. (Their mice aren't too bad however)
  • Battery powered electric cars (like tesla) and hybrids are not the future. (not necesserily electric cars in general though)

Noctua's aren't that ugly.

You're quite right. It's just hard to fit them in to many builds because there aren't that many available complementing components.

I'll play.

• I think 90% of the EA hate is just people band wagoning. Personally I have no major problem with them, that said the only only EA title I play is Bf3.
  • I find origin far more intuitive and less clunky than steam (although there's some crap in the user agreement I dislike).
  • I think razer products are overpriced and of average quality. (Their mice aren't too bad however)
  • Battery powered electric cars (like tesla) and hybrids are not the future. (not necesserily electric cars in general though)

I never had any problems with any games ever. How can you have problems? Just start your game and freaking play. Never had DRM crap, never had server issues. 

I don't like the colour red. There, I said it.

It really bothers me that the Asus RoG boards are all red, as they are some of the best boards about (although their z87 stuff seems a bit weak from reviews), but there's no way to get rid of the red! If it was just on the blocks you could change them out for plain in a watercooling build, but it's even on the damn PCIe and RAM slots!!! Oh for a pure black motherboard...

Also, I'm not fussed about WD drives. Have always used Seagate Barracudas, and always will. I have one WD Black 1TB, and for some reason it wouldn't let me install Windows 7 on it when I tried. Is now in my NAS.

Brushed aluminium is basically paying extra for some inconvenience.

There are people here think technology is a hard skill to learn, or at least act like it.

There are people here have an elitism when talk towards people who do not understand tech, yet that is the general market for most technology.

Sometimes I wish the average age of this forum was 2-3 years older.

For the most part I like the forum, but I bet these opinions are unpopular.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Noctua's aren't that ugly.

They look out of place in most builds. I just put them in the centre of mine, since nothing is color matched on mine.

54UoNRh.jpg

I hate EAs company but the games they make are pretty good. mass effect anyone?

I dont like NZXT. they are plastic pieces of crap. and i thought the avengers and every iron man after the first was crap.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I hate EAs company but the games they make are pretty good. mass effect anyone?

I dont like NZXT. they are plastic pieces of crap. and i thought the avengers and every iron man after the first was crap.

Mass Effect 1 was really good, even if the combat was a little broken, it was still something new. 

Mass Effect 2 had really slow paced generic combat, and the writing took a huge dive. A huge amount of the writing was really stiff and unnatural, and in addition, the whole plot of the game basically had nothing to do with the series, though that's ME3's fault. Also, the main character voice actors weren't trying very hard, especially the male one. You could finally have sex with Garrus, so maybe it was worth it.

Mass Effect 3 was pretty good, up until they introduced the space ninja. The writing was back to the level of quality of the first game. Also the ending made no sense and was pathetically written, and retroactively ruined all of the foreshadowing in the second game. You could still have sex with Garrus, though.

Mass Effect 1 was really good, even if the combat was a little broken, it was still something new. 

Mass Effect 2 had really slow paced generic combat, and the writing took a huge dive. A huge amount of the writing was really stiff and unnatural, and in addition, the whole plot of the game basically had nothing to do with the series, though that's ME3's fault. Also, the main character voice actors weren't trying very hard, especially the male one. You could finally have sex with Garrus, so maybe it was worth it.

Mass Effect 3 was pretty good, up until they introduced the space ninja. The writing was back to the level of quality of the first game. Also the ending made no sense and was pathetically written, and retroactively ruined all of the foreshadowing in the second game. You could still have sex with Garrus, though.

I only played a bit of 1 but a lot of people like mass effect and they seem to forget that EA published it.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I only played a bit of 1 but a lot of people like mass effect and they seem to forget that EA published it.

People didn't forget that EA published ME3. People were really pissed off about the ending. They had a real ending that made perfect sense, and then they used this ending which was just: "we made these killer robots called reapers to kill you before you could get killed by your own killer robots." and then everyone lived happily ever after. Incidentally it completely ruined the plot about the Geth and Quarians finally making peace, since apparently the moral of the game is just that robots are evil.

People blamed that horrible ending on EA rushing the devs.

Unpopular opinion? After the fall of communism feminism and environmentalism have become the dominant nonsense philosophies of this age.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

Nah it's down to 8 core support.. Mind you, I guess that falls under optimisation but just have a look at this..

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6985/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-at-1440p-adding-in-haswell-/8

Go to the Sleeping Dogs benchmarks and look at where the 8350 is positioned. It's the same with Crysis 3, though you'll have to take my word for that (I'm not known as a liar).

Here is my Firestrike score, this time running Windows 8.

firestrike.jpg

Recently I dropped to one GPU and battled it out with a friend who has a GTX 670 and a I5 2550k. It took him 4.9ghz to beat my physics score and I am stuck at 4.2 due to my budget (cheap board crap VRMs).

Oh and also this. You can buy TWO 8320s for less than ONE 4770k !

cpucompar.jpg

You are aware that Intel won everyone of those benchmarks right lmao.. And my 3570k at 4.5 gets a better physics score then your firestrike score.. And 3d mark is screwed up as it says my 3570k is running at 2.8ghz..So there goes your theory as my 4core beats your 8 core lol..

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/526800

Unpopular opinion? After the fall of communism feminism and environmentalism have become the dominant nonsense philosophies of this age.

political correctness in general has become mostly nonsense. I find it pathetic when people try to censor all homophobic slurs, since it seems more like they are implying that LGBT people need to be protected than anything else.