Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

Post what you perceive as an unpopular opinion you hold on tech, games, socks, christmas trees and whatever else.

I'll start.

One that pops immediately to mind is that I have no particular affinity for Ducky keyboards as they look plain and boring to me, contrary to the preference of many a user on here as far as I can tell.

Also, I don't understand why it's such a travesty to wear socks with sandals. It's comfortable, prevents clammy feet and provides an overall nicer look than my stanky feet.

Lastly, moaning in adult flicks is supremely non-arousing.

We could get soo much better technology for our money, but companies are bleeding us dry to make the last penny out of every tiny step in technology.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

Nvidia have some cards which have good price/performance .

i guess that's not really a opinion because you can prove or disprove your statement :D

global warming is just a scam for raised taxes

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I don't hate consoles. I don't necessarily like the console-ification of PC games,

but I've played quite a few console exclusives that I've really loved (MGS4, the

Uncharted series). I'm not saying consoles are superior to the PC or anything like

that, simply that I've played some console games that I've really enjoyed.

Also, +1 for the moaning in adult films. That's usually serious grounds for

deflation for me, especially if there are annoying voices involved. :lol:

EDIT:

Samsung, Intel and Corsair tend to cheap out on their manufacturing processes.

Can't speak about Samsung or Intel, but if you look at Andre Vautour's video

about the 650D, this seems to be quite evident:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

i guess that's not really a opinion because you can prove or disprove your statement :D

Well, "good" is subjective so he can't objectively prove his statement.

[...video link...]

Thank you very much for that video, I shall put it into my arsenal. :)

Well, "good" is subjective so he can't objectively prove his statement.

Haha, it's like you read my mind. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

One that pops immediately to mind is that I have no particular affinity for Ducky keyboards as they look plain and boring to me, contrary to the preference of many a user on here as far as I can tell.

Also, I don't understand why it's such a travesty to wear socks with sandals. It's comfortable, prevents clammy feet and provides an overall nicer look than my stanky feet.

Lastly, moaning in adult flicks is supremely non-arousing.

Dude! It's like we're twins! Also, Ducky keyboards I've held don't feel built well enough to justify the cost, the half-as-expensive CM Storm Quickfire TK actually feels more solid. As for socks in sandals, I don't ever want to see other people's feet, it's the ugliest part of the human body and should be hidden at all times.

But I have a few more:

• League of Legends is a super crappy game and an excercise in attempted but somehow failed community self-destruction.
  • CS:GO is a one-dimensional and featureless shooter with a skill ceiling too low to really be competitive, and developing a game to be balanced by using complete balance symmetry is something a child could do.
  • Corsair are mostly overrated and is popular mostly due to bandwagoning.
  • Razer have the worst QC in the industry. Even worse bandwagoning effect than Corsair.
  • All AMD graphics cards, both reference and custom designs, with the exception of the HIS IceQ X2 7970 and some XFX cards are ugly and flimsy looking and I don't want them in my computer mostly for that reason.
  • Water cooling consumer level CPUs (2500K, 3570K etc.) is an exercise in wastefulness. Unless you've got a bad chip a good air cooler will get you to the chip's dielectric barrier before it's thermal barrier.
  • Blue lighting and blue LED fans as the only lighting in a black case automatically makes a build worthless to me. I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to compliment even my best friend on such a build.
  • I don't like Steam and only buy multiplayer games on it and extremely discounted games. There is no true offline mode I can trust.
  • TekSyndicate is stiff and pretentious, and they blabber about America-specific news too much. I'd rather scrape the iris off my eyeballs for entertainment.\
  • The average MMORPG gamer has worse taste in games than a One Direction/ Bieber fan has in music. Guild Wars 2, and Elder Scrolls Online and the like are mass produced drivel.
I do have some opinions that I know are unpopular, and I know I sound like a massive contrarian, but whatevs. Deal with it!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I somewhat like the democrat party

Yeezus was the best album of all time

I do have some opinions that I know are unpopular, and I know I sound like a massive contrarian, but whatevs. Deal with it!

That's what I made the thread for. Agreeable or not, having one's opinions out there and spurring (hopefully) constructive discussions is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I somewhat like the democrat party

"Somewhat like" as in actually somewhat like or just as in prefer them over the

Repuclicans (I'm assuming you're refering to the US democratic party here) in

the sense of choosing the lesser of two evils (not that I'm judging, just

genuinely curious).

I hate fractal cases! they all look so boring :/ sorry guys!

Gasp! Heresy!

Nah, it's ok. While I quite like them, I think it would quite suck if everyone just

wanted a Fractal case. The world would be so boring.

batteries are inefficient, heavy, bulky, expensive, complicated, hazardous for people and the enviroment and don't belong to the future

Spoiler

I think it would quite suck if everyone just

wanted a Fractal case. The world would be so boring.

It would still be boring if everyone purchased, say, an Antec case as well.  :P

I like OCZ as a company and their power supplies, they are cheaper than corsair in a lot of cases.. not pun intended ;) and why are corsair PSU's used so often?! I'm sure they work great but so will most 80+ certified PSU's with a single 12 volt rail. A LOT of companies make Power supplies not just Corsair...

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

batteries are inefficient, heavy, bulky, expensive, complicated, hazardous for people and the enviroment and don't belong to the future

High capacity capacitors for the win! At least I hope so. Only time

will tell. Or maybe fuel cells? Who knows.

But yes, batteries as they currently stand, even though they have gotten

a lot better, are still more of a necessary evil than a true godsend IMO.

EDIT: Since battery is quite a broad term, I'm clarifying that

I specifically mean chemical batteries as they are now (or similar)

when I use the term.

That's not really an opinion but rather a fact if you're referring to our current batteries, but the ones in the future shouldn't have these issues. You'll probably be interested in this video.

I like OCZ as a company and their power supplies, they are cheaper than corsair in a lot of cases.. not pun intended ;) and why are corsair PSU's used so often?! I'm sure they work great but so will most 80+ certified PSU's with a single 12 volt rail. A LOT of companies make Power supplies not just Corsair...

I only prefer Corsair's PSUs because of their looks. The red font on the AX760 is striking, and the all black cabling looks very nice.

In three months time AMD's CPUs will beat Intel's in the same price brackets and even beat the far more expensive Intel CPUs due to the new consoles.

^ that one, shit man, that one REALLY makes people angry, even though there is evidence RIGHT NOW to prove it's going to happen (Crysis 3, 3Dmark, Sleeping Dogs).

I've even seen people make shit up just to try and disprove it. The latest was a real corker - "I have a mate whose 8350 hits 85c when he's gaming !" even though the 8350 has a TJmax of 70c and will throttle at 68c lmao.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

ALXAndy, on 08 Jun 2013 - 1:55 PM, said:

I've even seen people make shit up just to try and disprove it. The latest was a real corker - "I have a mate whose 8350 hits 85c when he's gaming !" even though the 8350 has a TJmax of 70c and will throttle at 68c lmao.

Well, why would you stick to the facts when you can just make stuff up? If the facts

are not on your side, create new ones from thin air! :lol:

Note: I have no idea if what you're saying is true, but I'm going to trust you on this

one. ;)

In three months time AMD's CPUs will beat Intel's in the same price brackets and even beat the far more expensive Intel CPUs due to the new consoles.

^ that one, shit man, that one REALLY makes people angry, even though there is evidence RIGHT NOW to prove it's going to happen (Crysis 3, 3Dmark, Sleeping Dogs).

That sure would be nice, but are you sure it isn't just related to optimization? Remember that Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs were bundled with AMD GPUs at one point.

http://sites.amd.com/uk/promo/Documents/never-settle-multi-bundle-offer-landing.html

Also, 3DMark has been very unreliable from what I've seen from it. It can't even detect the correct RAM frequency for many computers, let alone give dependable results.

I only prefer Corsair's PSUs because of their looks. The red font on the AX760 is striking, and the all black cabling looks very nice.

Well I like the the yellow on my OCZ-ZT 750W so.... colour wise yes that is a valid reason for getting a specific brand/modal, but I just think Corsair is used in too many builds.. :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?