Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

When a shooting happenes it is never the shooters fault that people died, but rather the fault of the people in his/her environment.

on a side note:

@dave, sick system you got there 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

When a shooting happenes it is never the shooters fault that people died, but rather the fault of the people in his/her environment.

on a side note:

@dave, sick system you got there 

No, it's usually mental problems that were the primary contributor.

Also, I think people who still complain about spoilers months (let alone years) after a

game/book/movie has come out should be ignored. Linus apologizing in one of his live

streams for spoiling Harry Potter was, while a nice and polite gesture, utterly ridiculous

imho. It's nice that he did it, but seriously...

lol 100%

AND FAKKKKKKKKKK

I clicked refresh

I'm not even going to redo the paragraph of shit I wrote for it in reply to someone

just forget it lol

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

Making racist jokes is fine and pretty hilarious.

9/11 is an inside job (may not be an opinion)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Samsung phones should not be the face of Android, HTC, LG and Motorola all make phones just as good if not better than Samsung and Touchwiz is ugly.

This to 999999th degree. Sammy's S3 was worse than HTC's One X, and Sammy's S4 is worse than HTC's One. So for the last two flagship generations of Android smartphones, HTC has made better devices than Samsung. Somehow people still ask if you got an Iphone or a Galaxy...

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Nuclear energy is a safe and clean power source. 

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

I agree with that part of the statement. However, you should also consider the nuclear waste which is more tricky to call "clean and safe". Luckily research is being done to use a different Uranium Isotope that produces almost no waste. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Agreed

I agree with that part of the statement. However, you should also consider the nuclear waste which is more tricky to call "clean and safe". Luckily research is being done to use a different Uranium Isotope that produces almost no waste. 

It's down ultimately to how well the companies handle it. I know there's a particular Scandinavian country who put a lot of thought and planning into the design of the storage facilities and is properly managing their radioactive waste unlike places like Russia and China. 

Anyone who cites Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Fukushima is lying to themselves. The failure of those three plants was down to design flaws; using explosive material as the moderator, not providing information on coolant levels and putting the backup generators below the flood plane. 

IF everyone would be so nice and dispose the radioactive waste the right way...the italian mafia for example had this business a long time and they dumped everything into the ocean... gona be fun in 20-50 years when it comes back to us.

Other countrys put their stuff in a warehouse and have no clue what to do with it. If there would be a solution for this problem it would be a good way to produce energy but today it's just not.

And one other point that's kind of funny: who pays for the "nuclear waste repoitorys", the research, maintenance? WE! the people...if electrical companys would have to pay for that there would be no nuclear plants because it's way more expensive than any other energy plant.

Anyone who cites Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Fukushima is lying to themselves. The failure of those three plants was down to design flaws; using explosive material as the moderator, not providing information on coolant levels and putting the backup generators below the flood plane.

The question I've been asking myself is that if people are too lazy/cheap/stupid to

properly handle potentially dangerous technology, regardless of how safe it can be,

should we still actually rely on it?

I'm really fascinated by nuclear energy and what can be done with it, but at times

I feel a bit like giving a nuclear power plant to people is like handing a loaded

gun to a small child. Sure, the gun might be designed in the safest possible manner,

and if handled properly does not pose a danger to anybody, but in the end you still

end up with a kid handling a loaded gun.

And no matter how well and ingenious you design technology, in the end you still end

up with human beings somewhere in the chain. Even a fully automated system is still

designed and manufactured by humans and therefore not immune to flaws in its design

and manufacturing process, and non-automated systems can still lead to catastrophic

failures due to user error.

There's no such thing as 100% safe technology. Never has been, never will be. What

we engineer are (hopefully) technologies which carry acceptable risks, but

those risks will always be non-zero.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I don't see how a ducky is "better" than some non-mechanical keyboard with a lcd screen and like 50 macro/media keys

Build quality is why everyone like ducky. ducky is a company that takes the money that you would be paying for with all those "Features" and put it in quality.

If it is done properly, yes 100% but if they cut corners and overlook things then it isnt. but under most circumstances i agree.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I like a lot of Xigmatek stuff.

I dislike 99% of ASUS made stuff, as it's way overpriced for what you actually receive.

I dislike 95% of Corsair stuff, because the only reason they are being praised to all heavens is good marketing, not above average quality.

I especially dislike Corsair Mice and Keyboards, they have no right to exist.

R.O.G. is for 5yo. 99% of the people buying it, have no idea about PCs and buy what looks "pro".

The "Gaming Tag" on a lot of products is simply a way to tell you "It's a shitty product, but we added nice LEDs for you, noob"

I am not a huge fan of Nvidia cards. I have bought two 680s after having only ATI before that, and I am not happy about them.

In my oppinion, Intel is fucking their customers.

I hate cases that look extra fancy. These plastic piles that are made for "gamers"

With the exception of the Goliathis mousepad, Razer produces 99% of junk. It's the gamers Apple.

I don't like the HTC One.

Windows 8 is better than Windows 7, once you made a few changes [such as a Start Menu]

Cannonical [ubuntu] are sell-outs.

I'm in favor of nuclear powerplants. If they were gone, your e-bill is 5000€/Month

LOL is a mediocore game at best.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I agree I do not like Ducky keyboards. They look so plain and boring.

New plants are definitely better, but all the old ones still have to contain their waste and some (like the one near me) are doing a bad job.

The hanford nuclear reactor was one of the first ones and it seems that they have screwed up at every step when storing the nuclear waste.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/06/22/19088481-feds-nuclear-waste-may-be-leaking-into-soil-from-hanford-site

I think Bioshock Infinite is overrated, just because of a 20 minutes ending that's barely interactive and a plot twist suddenly everyone forgets it's flaws

*torches and pitchforks being raised*

-*runs for his life*

I really liked Bioshock Inf. ! It was a game that I had to play all the way through in a weekend because it was that awesome.

Then of course my unpopular opinion is that i actually really like Diablo III.......

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

The Australian Labor Party is dysfunctional, and should have been doing more actual governing for the past year rather than arguing between themselves and jumping ship.

The Liberal party has terrible policies that are only short term measures that will only sweep issues under the carpet for the next few election cycles.

That feeling when you hate on both parties of a 2 party system

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

Recently I dropped to one GPU and battled it out with a friend who has a GTX 670 and a I5 2550k. It took him 4.9ghz to beat my physics score and I am stuck at 4.2 due to my budget (cheap board crap VRMs).

My 3570K is at 4.4GHz and beat your physics test. However, the 8350 overall beats the 3570K and it makes total sense, but it's not impressive from a hardware standpoint.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I feel GPU manufacturers purposely make drivers for previous gen cards crappy in an effort to make them upgrade...

PC in Profile

My 3570K is at 4.4GHz and beat your physics test. However, the 8350 overall beats the 3570K and it makes total sense, but it's not impressive from a hardware standpoint.

It's impressive from a price standpoint. Ghz per ghz when the 8350 is being used it wins and costs some £50 less.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Ghz per ghz when the 8350 is being used it wins and costs some £50 less.

8350 has eight cores. 3570K has 4 cores. If you do a single threaded test and multiply it by the appropriate number of cores for both..the 8350 will likely win.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

The Australian Labor Party is dysfunctional, and should have been doing more actual governing for the past year rather than arguing between themselves and jumping ship.

The Liberal party has terrible policies that are only short term measures that will only sweep issues under the carpet for the next few election cycles.

Lesser of two evils I guess.

Just to stat a few of my unpopular opinions

• I don't like cats
  • The PC gaming community is over rated
  • Most fanboy facts are made up, or grabed from people with a bias
  • I like Apple computers.
  • I think there should be a test to determine if you can vote at an elections
  • Beats by Dr.Dre can sound okay
  • Valve is not the greatest videogame company ever.

I will not flood the thread by writing down more.

I agree with almost everything except the part about Beats :P

| i5-4670k @ 4.2Ghz | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | ASUS Geforce GTX 770 |

| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Black 1TB | Corsair AX760 | Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/ Window | Corsair AF140 x2 |

| Windows 8.1 | ASUS 23" 1080p monitor | CM Storm Quickfire Stealth- MX Blue | Logitech G9x | Logitech G930 |

It's not hugely better with a multi-party system (which we have here):

• left-ish parties: Want high taxation on pretty much everything in order to finance

a nice and cushy welfare state. A noble objective in and of itself? Possibly so.

Unfortunately these guys either have no idea how the economy works or simply refuse

to acknowledge it (always a favorite for politicians :( ). So, giving power to

them results in hilarious policies which are very unfriendly for the economy and

tend to run it into the ground (a bit of an exaggeration, but it's really not that

far off).

• centrist parties: Want some welfare in order to support the unluckiest members

of society and generally have a pretty decent idea of what needs to be done in order

to keep the economy running nicely. Unfortunately that also means that they are most

closely entangled with the economy, which in a country as small as Switzerland where

pretty much anybody important knows pretty much anybody else who's also important

leads to wide-speard cronyism and favouritism, especially when politics get entangled

with the financial sector, the chemical industry and construction companies.

• right-leaning parties: For the most part a bunch of populist morons who really

shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any sort of responsibility. Ranging from somewhere

between xenophobic and outward racist, these clubs utterly and hilariously fail to

acknowledge that we live in a globalized world and that isolationism will inevitably

lead to economic failure. They usually run fear-based emotional political campaigns

which have #$%@-all to do with the facts of basic reality, and are unfortunately

rather successful with that approach. This is also one of the reasons I thoroughly

believe that most people are stupid.

The one thing our forefathers did right in Switzerland is design our political

system so that it's extremely difficult to achieve anything at all. This means that

for the most part, these morons and *insert very bad word here* cancel each other

out and neither can (usually) do too much damage.

As for those who prefer a benevolent dictatorship over a democracy: While I would

as well prefer that over a democracy, I see two primary problems with benevolent

dictatorships:

• Benevolence does not guarantee competence. You might have the most benevolent

leader of all times, but (s)he might be utterly and completely useless. And in such

a system, that incompetence is not cushioned by other factors, the leader will

be able to implement any stupid idea he or she gets.

• Eventually you will get a leader who is not benevolent. It might take a long

time to get there, but eventually it will happen, and then things can go very

bad very fast (see ancient Rome: You have several prosperous periods with

arguably benevolent and competent leaders, but eventually some nutcase always

came to the throne at some point).

Sadly, I think the best we can do is damage control and trying to pick the lesser

evils when it comes to politics.

The one bright spot I see is the cold war: Had I been alive at the beginning of

the cold war I would have bet pretty much anything that it would not end peacefully,

but that instead we would bring about the nuclear Holocaust. This not having

happened yet leaves me with some hope, albeit not much (see climate change and

all that other good stuff :( ).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I really liked Bioshock Inf. ! It was a game that I had to play all the way through in a weekend because it was that awesome.

Then of course my unpopular opinion is that i actually really like Diablo III.......

I recognize that bioshock infinite is a good game, i never said otherwise, its just overrated for what it is.

Me too, i played bioshock infinite all the way through, twice  in a weekend ;)

Diablo 3 is alright, not worth 60$ though, thats my opinion.

It's not hugely better with a multi-party system (which we have here):

• left-ish parties: Want high taxation on pretty much everything in order to finance

a nice and cushy welfare state. A noble objective in and of itself? Possibly so.

Unfortunately these guys either have no idea how the economy works or simply refuse

to acknowledge it (always a favorite for politicians :( ). So, giving power to

them results in hilarious policies which are very unfriendly for the economy and

tend to run it into the ground (a bit of an exaggeration, but it's really not that

far off).

• centrist parties: Want some welfare in order to support the unluckiest members

of society and generally have a pretty decent idea of what needs to be done in order

to keep the economy running nicely. Unfortunately that also means that they are most

closely entangled with the economy, which in a country as small as Switzerland where

pretty much anybody important knows pretty much anybody else who's also important

leads to wide-speard cronyism and favouritism, especially when politics get entangled

with the financial sector, the chemical industry and construction companies.

• right-leaning parties: For the most part a bunch of populist morons who really

shouldn't be allowed anywhere near any sort of responsibility. Ranging from somewhere

between xenophobic and outward racist, these clubs utterly and hilariously fail to

acknowledge that we live in a globalized world and that isolationism will inevitably

lead to economic failure. They usually run fear-based emotional political campaigns

which have #$%@-all to do with the facts of basic reality, and are unfortunately

rather successful with that approach. This is also one of the reasons I thoroughly

believe that most people are stupid.

The one thing our forefathers did right in Switzerland is design our political

system so that it's extremely difficult to achieve anything at all. This means that

for the most part, these morons and *insert very bad word here* cancel each other

out and neither can (usually) do too much damage.

As for those who prefer a benevolent dictatorship over a democracy: While I would

as well prefer that over a democracy, I see two primary problems with benevolent

dictatorships:

• Benevolence does not guarantee competence. You might have the most benevolent

leader of all times, but (s)he might be utterly and completely useless. And in such

a system, that incompetence is not cushioned by other factors, the leader will

be able to implement any stupid idea he or she gets.

• Eventually you will get a leader who is not benevolent. It might take a long

time to get there, but eventually it will happen, and then things can go very

bad very fast (see ancient Rome: You have several prosperous periods with

arguably benevolent and competent leaders, but eventually some nutcase always

came to the throne at some point).

Sadly, I think the best we can do is damage control and trying to pick the lesser

evils when it comes to politics.

The one bright spot I see is the cold war: Had I been alive at the beginning of

the cold war I would have bet pretty much anything that it would not end peacefully,

but that instead we would bring about the nuclear Holocaust. This not having

happened yet leaves me with some hope, albeit not much (see climate change and

all that other good stuff :( ).

The moment we hit singularity, I'm all up for that communist dictatorship run by a body of super-intelligence. It would be objectively better for the human race to have an unbiased machine make all the decisions around here. At least that way, there'd be no argument against fibre to premise.

I tried to explain to someone that it will take decades, if not centuries for an FTTP network to become outdated, because it would be bottlenecked at the node ends which can be replaced by faster processors, and more efficient software, and he kept using things like USB3 and HDMI as examples. It ended up getting to a point where I was just yelling,

"We are currently communicating using electricity through copper wire, the only difference between ADSL1 and ADSL2 was the software and the modems. The NBN will be replacing copper wire with light. IF YOU KNOW OF ANY MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION FASTER THAN LIGHT, I THINK NASA AND CERN WOULD LIKE TO HEAR IT MORE THAN I."

He didn't get it, and he will be voting in this upcoming election with the idea that FTTP is a waste of 43 billion dollars. I think everyone here knows that kind of frustration.

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900