Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

Well I like the the yellow on my OCZ-ZT 750W so.... colour wise yes that is a valid reason for getting a specific brand/modal, but I just think Corsair is used in too many builds.. :)

Agreed, it has psychological implications. They have excellent customer support (some of the best I've ever seen) and attractive products, so when they release another, their customers will more likely purchase from them rather than another company based solely on the brand.

That sure would be nice, but are you sure it isn't just related to optimization? Remember that Crysis 3 and Sleeping Dogs were bundled with AMD GPUs at one point.

http://sites.amd.com/uk/promo/Documents/never-settle-multi-bundle-offer-landing.html

Also, 3DMark has been very unreliable from what I've seen from it. It can't even detect the correct RAM frequency for many computers, let alone give dependable results.

Nah it's down to 8 core support.. Mind you, I guess that falls under optimisation but just have a look at this..

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6985/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-at-1440p-adding-in-haswell-/8

Go to the Sleeping Dogs benchmarks and look at where the 8350 is positioned. It's the same with Crysis 3, though you'll have to take my word for that (I'm not known as a liar).

Here is my Firestrike score, this time running Windows 8.

firestrike.jpg

Recently I dropped to one GPU and battled it out with a friend who has a GTX 670 and a I5 2550k. It took him 4.9ghz to beat my physics score and I am stuck at 4.2 due to my budget (cheap board crap VRMs).

Oh and also this. You can buy TWO 8320s for less than ONE 4770k !

cpucompar.jpg

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Wow, so many anti-minimal people over here. My unpopular opinion is that linux is better for every application except video editing, image editing, 3d rendering and gaming. Everything else on linux is done faster and more efficiently, doesn't crash, etc.

I also hate razer, will never buy a noctua product because of how disgusting they look, and although I love minimal stuff, I find the define r series of cases to really bore me.

I used to like corsairs cases quite a lot (600t and 650d really appealed to me) but over time I have found them to be overpriced and not as good looking as I first thought. Although the new 540 does look bloody amazing.

I completely hate corsair vengence memory, the spreaders look too ricer, and they don't oc at all. That cheapo samsung stuff is a beast to oc.

Lighting - if done well, can make a build go from good to great, if done badly can make a build go from good to complete crap. So please, if you're going for a lit up build, don't half ass the lighting.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Thought of another one: I don't prefer dogs over cats or the other way around. Grew up

with cats, now taking care of a dog. Always found it awesome to have them around.

Also, if I ever got my own dog, it would have to be 20 kg (~45 lbs) or more. Can't

really picture myself walking around with a cat-sized dog on my leash, I would feel

really ridiculous.

EDIT:

Rhizo, on 08 Jun 2013 - 2:09 PM, said:

Wow, so many anti-minimal people over here. My unpopular opinion is that linux is better for every application except video editing, image editing, 3d rendering and gaming. Everything else on linux is done faster and more efficiently, doesn't crash, etc.

I would add to that that it might depend on the user and his/her personal preferences

to some extent, but yes, Linux is quite underestimated IMHO.

Rhizo, on 08 Jun 2013 - 2:09 PM, said:

I completely hate corsair vengence memory, the spreaders look too ricer

Holy balls, that's exactly right! I've been trying to put my finger on it, but you

have found the perfect metaphor. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

My unpopular opinion is that linux is better for every application except video editing, image editing, 3d rendering and gaming.

For now.  :)

I hate fractal cases! they all look so boring :/ 

that's kinda the point though :p they are simplistic and plain .. results in being smooth and stylish :p

Just to stat a few of my unpopular opinions

• I don't like cats
  • The PC gaming community is over rated
  • Most fanboy facts are made up, or grabed from people with a bias
  • I like Apple computers.
  • I think there should be a test to determine if you can vote at an elections
  • Beats by Dr.Dre can sound okay
  • Valve is not the greatest videogame company ever.

I will not flood the thread by writing down more.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

For now.  :)

Seriously, I'v binded guake to my right win key, so i press that, type in what i want to run and it runs. Tabbed terminals rule. Who needs menus anyway?

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Thought of another one: I don't prefer dogs over cats or the other way around. Grew up

with cats, now taking care of a dog. Always found it awesome to have them around.

Also, if I ever got my own dog, it would have to be 20 kg (~45 lbs) or more. Can't

really picture myself walking around with a cat-sized dog on my leash, I would feel

really ridiculous.

those are pretty normal opinions lots of people dislike miniature dogs that it seems people almost use as acessory to pick the right dog with the right purse, and noone says you have to prefer either dogs or cats and that you can't have them both. Got 4 dogs and 4 cats in the same house ... that again .. maybe not so normal :p

Most fanboy facts are made up, or grabed from people with a bias

I agree with this one... But the rest errr well, but of course opinion is what makes us who we are so :D whatevs :)

Also beats aren't too bad in my opinion as well, but I think you could get something better quality for cheaper so that is why people hate on them. I personally have never had a pair of headphones more expensive than £20 so I have no idea really XD

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

I think Bioshock Infinite is overrated, just because of a 20 minutes ending that's barely interactive and a plot twist suddenly everyone forgets it's flaws

*torches and pitchforks being raised*

-*runs for his life*

Just to stat a few of my unpopular opinions

• The PC gaming community is over rated

Humanity is generally overrated imho. Note: I'm not about to propose

genocide on the human species, but most people are not too bright IMO.

That doesn't make the bad people, and I might even be one of them,

but that doesn't make me wrong.

• I like Apple computers.
I like their computers, I hate the company (ethical reasons)

• I think there should be a test to determine if you can vote at an elections

And you should need a license to reproduce. Don't ask me how to implement

such a policy without ending up with a Nazi-like eugenics program, I have

no clue. Same goes for the voting test. You could easily use that to

exclude many people from voting who should be allowed to vote (for example,

in many countries the lower classes don't have access to good education,

they would be severely disadvantaged in such a test, regardless of whether

or not they can actually make good decisions).

I'm with you on the concept, but I don't see how it could be implemented

in practice without it being abusive towards the wrong people.

EDIT:

those are pretty normal opinions lots of people dislike miniature dogs that it seems people almost use as acessory to pick the right dog with the right purse, and noone says you have to prefer either dogs or cats and that you can't have them both. Got 4 dogs and 4 cats in the same house ... that again .. maybe not so normal :P

Hm, I suppose there are many people who think like that. I might just

be biased from some recent encounters with people who are "either or".

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think Bioshock Infinite is overrated, just because of a 20 minutes ending that's barely interactive and a plot twist suddenly everyone forgets it's flaws

-*runs for his life*

best gamestory is still FFX :D

Also beats aren't too bad in my opinion as well, but I think you could get something better quality for cheaper so that is why people hate on them. I personally have never had a pair of headphones more expensive than £20 so I have no idea really XD

I have never personally owned a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre because they are way to overpriced, but for what limited time I have had with a pair I can say they don't sound as bad as people say. 

Also, I think people who still complain about spoilers months (let alone years) after a

game/book/movie has come out should be ignored. Linus apologizing in one of his live

streams for spoiling Harry Potter was, while a nice and polite gesture, utterly ridiculous

imho. It's nice that he did it, but seriously...

I have never personally owned a pair of Beats by Dr. Dre because they are way to overpriced, but for what limited time I have had with a pair I can say they don't sound as bad as people say. 

completely agree :)

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

And you should need a license to reproduce. Don't ask me how to implement

such a policy without ending up with a Nazi-like eugenics program, I have

no clue. Same goes for the voting test. You could easily use that to

exclude many people from voting who should be allowed to vote (for example,

in many countries the lower classes don't have access to good education,

they would be severely disadvantaged in such a test, regardless of whether

or not they can actually make good decisions).

I'm with you on the concept, but I don't see how it could be implemented

in practice without it being abusive towards the wrong people.

And that is why it stays an opinion in my case. I consider myself smart enough to see that a pratical implamentation of a "test to vote" system only will lead to a worse society for all.  

Also, I think people who still complain about spoilers months (let alone years) after a

game/book/movie has come out should be ignored. Linus apologizing in one of his live

streams for spoiling Harry Potter was, while a nice and polite gesture, utterly ridiculous

imho. It's nice that he did it, but seriously...

Agreed, I think 2 to 3 weeks is about when you shouldn't worry too much about spoilers, because the people who care would have watched it by then and the people who don't probably will never watch /play/ read it

-*runs for his life*

I quite liked it but it's nothing remarkable, just the best of a bad bunch so far this year. /runs with you.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Volbet, on 08 Jun 2013 - 2:26 PM, said:

And that is why it stays an opinion in my case. I consider myself smart enough to see that a pratical implamentation of a "test to vote" system only will lead to a worse society for all.

Indeed. But I have to admit, a few years ago when we (i.e. the Swiss voting people)

voted to ban the building of Minarets I was really scratching my head.

EDIT: Meaning I consider religious freedom to be a corner stone of a

democratic society, and this just seriously goes against that from what I can

tell./EDIT

I'm actually an atheist, but if you start banning religious buildings you should

ban them all, not just discriminate against one specific religion. If Christians

are allowed their church towers Muslims should be allowed their Minarets IMO. But

we're getting into serious mine field territory here so I'll stop now. ;)

EDIT2: That might actually fit the theme of the thread: I'm an atheist.

Making racist jokes is fine and pretty hilarious.

9/11 is an inside job (may not be an opinion)

Good Morning...

EDIT2: That might actually fit the theme of the thread: I'm an atheist.

The places I hang around have made me forget this fact since they're primarily atheistic. So I suppose I should add a ditto for me on that one.

I personally really dont like simplistic cases, like The 850D or 900D. They're too bland for me. I like cases with lots of different intakes and something more than just a window on the side. Makes it look a lot better. For example, the Zalman z11.