Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

I dislike Razer's design.

CPU: i5 2500K (@ stock for now) GPU: Gigabyte GTX650Ti OC MOBO: Intel P67 RAM: 2x4GB Kingston (@1333MHz) PSU: 550w Xilence CASE: Generic :D MONITOR: Dell U2412M (24', 1200p 16:10) MOUSE: Acme something KB: Logitech K260

Yeah, but as you say right now they're worthless to buy. Hybrid's just seem stupid to me until the electricity part gets a lot more optimized.

It's not just about optimization, you simply can't convert energy at 100% efficiency, not even close, adding more conversions in the chain means less and less efficiency. It's a bad idea no matter how many advances are made, which is why electric cars make much more sense (if a renewable energy source is used, which is still far from reality) but are still way too inconvenient for most people.

It's not just about optimization, you simply can't convert energy at 100% efficiency, not even close, adding more conversions in the chain means less and less efficiency. It's a bad idea no matter how many advances are made, which is why electric cars make much more sense (if a renewable energy source is used, which is still far from reality) but are still way too inconvenient for most people.

the only real thing i ever see happening is a hydrogen car...you would have to make hydrogen in a dessert out of seawater with solarenergy and than you could use that stuff for everything. There are even submarines running on hydrogon engines. it's doable but i guess as long as there is oil or coal to burn it won't change.

it's kind of stupid to make solar energy into hydrogen and than hydrogen back into energy to drive a electric car. but you can store/tank/ship hydrogen, but you cant ship electricity :D

the only real thing i ever see happening is a hydrogen car...you would have to make hydrogen in a dessert out of seawater with solarenergy and than you could use that stuff for everything. There are even submarines running on hydrogon engines. it's doable but i guess as long as there is oil or coal to burn it won't change.

it's kind of stupid to make solar energy into hydrogen and than hydrogen back into energy to drive a electric car. but you can store/tank/ship hydrogen, but you cant ship electricity :D

The problem with hydrogen is that while it's easy to find it's still quite difficult and expensive to extract. That said, the same was true with oil so that can change if there were more companies focusing on using hydrogen energy.

The problem with hydrogen is that while it's easy to find it's still quite difficult and expensive to extract. That said, the same was true with oil so that can change if there were more companies focusing on using hydrogen energy.

One extremely serious problem with Hydrogen is transport and storage. Since the molecule is

actually extremely small in its dimensions it leaks through the pipes and storage tanks at

an uneconomically high rate (it diffuses right through the metal), meaning you either have to

make extremely thick and expensive walls (which can reduce the rate of diffusion, albeit not

reduce it to zero) or accept appallingly high losses of fuel during transport and storage.

One of my professors in college was actually involved in research into this at some point

and he did not at all sound optimistic about this happening any time soon, or at all, since

this is basically a fundamental law of physics and we're not aware of any way around this

as things stand now. What you would need to do is produce the Hydrogen either right at the

gas station and refuel your car quite often, or even produce the Hydrogen right in your car

at the moment when it is needed.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm against all of the hate towards Origin. People criticize EA for not putting their games on Steam, but I agree with how they distribute their games. 

Put yourself in their shoes:

• You work at a job most of your time to make money.
  • At the end of the week your boss asks you to use a service that allows him to save a couple minutes paying you.
  • You learn that this service will take a percentage off of your paycheck.
  • You have a bank account that'd take your boss a few minutes more but you'll get all of the money.

I mean, honestly, which would you choose?

That said, in no way do I support day 1 DLC and micro transactions.

One extremely serious problem with Hydrogen is transport and storage. Since the molecule is

actually extremely small in its dimensions it leaks through the pipes and storage tanks at

an uneconomically high rate (it diffuses right through the metal), meaning you either have to

make extremely thick and expensive walls (which can reduce the rate of diffusion, albeit not

reduce it to zero) or accept appallingly high losses of fuel during transport and storage.

One of my professors in college was actually involved in research into this at some point

and he did not at all sound optimistic about this happening any time soon, or at all, since

this is basically a fundamental law of physics and we're not aware of any way around this

as things stand now. What you would need to do is produce the Hydrogen either right at the

gas station and refuel your car quite often, or even produce the Hydrogen right in your car

at the moment when it is needed.

Supposedly scientists are finding promising results on using graphene to store hydrogen: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120112112647.htm

I'm against all of the hate towards Origin. People criticize EA for not putting their games on Steam, but I agree with how they distribute their games. 

Put yourself in their shoes:

• You work at a job most of your time to make money.
  • At the end of the week your boss asks you to use a service that allows him to save a couple minutes paying you.
  • You learn that this service will take a percentage off of your paycheck.
  • You have a bank account that'd take your boss a few minutes more but you'll get all of the money.

I mean, honestly, which would you choose?

That said, in no way do I support day 1 DLC and micro transactions.

Not just that, people seem to have forgotten that Valve did exactly what EA did, made steam a requirement to playing their games. If anything Origin at least WORKS, I've had a lot of problems with Steam, with origin I don't think I've had any. Nothing I can remember at least.

I do not care much for day 1 DLC, DLC overall is not very good value (and chances are if you're ever buying DLC it's because you liked the game and wanted more of it). and what's the difference does a DLC's release date make anyway? I honestly prefer day 1 DLC, at least I won't have to pick up the game months later when I've lost interest and forgot how to play.

They are overpriced mediocre pieces of crap imo. 

I prefer asrock MOBO's over anything else.

I prefer asrock MOBO's over anything else.

Eww, I dont really like asrock either but they are better than asus. Im a MSI guy

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Supposedly scientists are finding promising results on using graphene to store hydrogen: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/01/120112112647.htm

Isn't science just totally awesome? :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I really don't like the define R4, to make it just looks like a cardboard box painted black. It is not very Aesthetically pleasing

Main Rig

CPU-
AMD FX 8350 | CPU Cooler- CM hyper 212 Evo | GPU- Radeon HD 7970 | RAM- G.SKill Ripjawz X 2x4 | Storage- 1TB WD Black | 128gb Plextor Ms5 | Case- BitFenix Shinobi   | Motherboard- Gigabyte AM3+ UD3 | PSU- Rosewill hive 750 watt

Media PC

CPU- A10-5800k | GPU- Onboard | RAM- Ripjaws X 4Gb | Storage- Seagate 1TB | Case- Bitfenix Prodigy M | Motherboard- MSI A75M-E35 | PSU- Antec 350W Basiq

That LOL and Dota should be competitive games, beneficiating of tornaments.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I don't prioritize SSDs when building a computer. just raw power.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

i like EA games

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones and Doctor Who... do not like any of them

Wit is educated insolence.

Windows XP < Windows Vista

Common sense is dead.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Capitalism is unsustainable

FRACTAL DESIGN R4 / AMD FX 8350 / NVIDIA GTX 770 / ASUS SABERTOOTH FX990 R2

MacBook Pro (2011) w. Samsung 840 PRO & 16 GB Corsair Ram

Sony and Microsoft should combine their powers and the pros of each other's consoles, so they can make 1 console that will dominate and finally compete with PCs.

Sony and Microsoft UNITED!!!

Also Blizzard should step up WOW's in game graphics and make it free or at least more inexpensive to the audience!!

PEACE.....OUT....

WEEEEEEEOUUUUU!!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)