Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

I think Bioshock 2 is superior to Bioshock: Infinite.

While Bioshock: Infinite is a good game, I'm not convinced that it warrants the Bioshock name.

I don't think Best Buy is that bad of a store.

I think the 1998 Godzilla film was great.

I like the Wii U.

I liked Duke Nukem Forever.

I grew to dislike Skyrim.

I don't think physical media is as close to being dead as people say.

The Walking Dead is overrated.

Heroes was fantastic.

Left 4 Dead and its sequel are/were underwhelming games.

I don't think Apple's products are all bad. I actually like the way a few of them look and work.

I think the XMB (Cross Menu Bar) is a good UI for a media center.

I strongly dislike Plex and XBMC.

I prefer the Playstation controller to the Xbox controller.

I prefer Creative Lab soundcards to Asus soundcards.

I like Unity (Ubuntu UI).

More to come, I'm sure.

This might be very unpopular with some people but this is my opinion.

1. My Little Pony is for boys who have a problem with being a boy
  2. BF3 is still a great game but too many people use the same gun until they're done with the game
  3. I will get an Xbox One rather than a PS4 ( I'm building a PC currently :lol: )
  4. There are more apps on the Apple side that I like than on Android
  5. I like Windows 8 but I dislike Microsoft's addressing of the issue of the start button
  6. All people who drive BMW's or Porsche's are a**holes
  7. I like Baseball
  8. I hate football ( American )
  9. Soccer is the stupidest sport ever
  10. I hate people who smoke cigarettes or cigars
  11. Gun control is the worst idea for the United States
  12. I hate when people wear socks with sandals
  13. I hate kids who wear shorts with long socks with sandals 
  14. I think Bugatti is an over rated company.

Any Problems? They are my opinions so, deal with it.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

This might be very unpopular with some people but this is my opinion.

• Gun control is the worst idea for the United States

Any Problems? They are my opinions so, deal with it.

out of curiosity on your Gun control opinion, do you believe that, because firearms are now too deeply a part of American culture to be removed (right to bear arms, and be trained for house defense ect.), or because you feel that it is necessary to carry a weapon to protect yourself from others with guns?

See, in Australia, guns have been removed from society for many years so only people with good reasons, that meet psych and background checks can legally own a handgun; & only Bikies and drug dealers illegally cary guns, and because of the amount of heat they create, they generally try to keep them to themselves. Gun violence anywhere in the country, now makes national news even if no-one died, because it's that uncommon. And if you did have a weapon legal or not, you would not be breaking into houses or holding up liquor stores with it, unless you wanted the state's entire police force mobilizing choppers looking for the one idiot prancing around the streets with an illegal firearm.

I explained my reasons for gun control in Australian culture, and I'm aware that the American culture is incredibly different, but I'd like to hear your reasons.

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

Counter Strike Source is the best Online Shooter ever. 

PC gaming can not be compared to Console gaming. 

Daft Punks new album sucks. 

Everyone older than 60 years should have to take yearly test on reaction time, traffic rules etc. to keep their license. 

There should be class specific drivers licenses so that a 16 year old with a regular drivers license can't go out and drive a Corvette without proper training. Same applies to RVs.

America's political system with only 2 parties isn't gonna last much longer no matter what party is in power. 

Gay couples should only have children of their own gender. 

From my experience, Canadians are friendlier people than Americans. 

I am a big racing fan, but when it comes to the video games, it really bothers me that they never release a high-poly count version.

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

The moment we hit singularity, I'm all up for that communist dictatorship run by a body of super-intelligence. It would be objectively better for the human race to have an unbiased machine make all the decisions around here.

This reminds me a lot of the original Deus Ex (god, what an awesome game :wub: ).

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

global warming is just a scam for raised taxes

the us isn't the only country......

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

communism is awesome (the idea at least it never works out)

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

communism is awesome (the idea at least it never works out)

Problem is that no country has ever actually implemented communism. They've always

stopped somewhere in the transition phase between capitalism and communism, usually

somewhere around the "Dictatorship of the Proletariat", in that the group who had taken

power in that phase then never actually relinquished it, but instead morphed the state's

structures so that it could stay in power.

Or as you say: It never works out. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Deadmau5 has some some songs that are quite ingenious musically speaking. I played strobe on the piano and I'm quite amazed with it.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

the us isn't the only country......

I'm not from the US

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I'm not from the US

why would the government care about more money? its just paper they can print at will they don't give a rats ass the taxes are so people will use more ego friendly tech

why would the government care about more money? its just paper they can print at will they don't give a rats ass the taxes are so people will use more ego friendly tech

Lol the US government has billions in debt and you ask why they need more money. The FDR is a private company and they make profit every time the us government wants to print more dollars. And there is another thing called inflation. I guess this is the average world citizen. Ignorant.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

I think cherry MX blue switches are terrible for space bars. I finally got my IBM model M today, and a space bar that actually requires force is a lot nicer than the space bar on my CM quickfire rapid. Also, clicky MX keys are really annoying to try to double tap, since you can keep the switch under the actuation point if you don't let it off enough.

Lol the US government has billions in debt and you ask why they need more money. The FDR is a private company and they make profit every time the us government wants to print more dollars. And there is another thing called inflation. I guess this is the average world citizen. Ignorant.

lol maybe you don't understand what being a reserve currency is its VERY hard for the dollar to inflate that's why America still exists

You can't just simply print more money. If you suddenly print more fiat money - banknotes, coins etc, the value of them can decrease as the surplus and supply of them increases. For example if the US was to suddenly print 10 billion $100 banknotes, they may still be worth $100 on face value however that would push the cost of goods and services up because the abundance has increased. It would also lower the worth of the US dollar to other countries. 

I don't like the moaning in adult flicks therefore i mostly watch japanese stuff now even though its cencored because its not boring lol.

and i like Tek Syndicate more than linus media group because they are very non serius lol

Lastly, moaning in adult flicks is supremely non-arousing.

I don't like the moaning in adult flicks

Aaand the thread has come full circle... :lol:

And it only took a bit more than 12 pages.

You can't just simply print more money. If you suddenly print more fiat money - banknotes, coins etc, the value of them can decrease as the surplus and supply of them increases. For example if the US was to suddenly print 10 billion $100 banknotes, they may still be worth $100 on face value however that would push the cost of goods and services up because the abundance has increased. It would also lower the worth of the US dollar to other countries.

inflation ftw

Aaand the thread has come full circle... :lol:

And it only took a bit more than 12 pages.

Im kind of new to posting here so yeah.

• 1 month later...

I love the industrial look at any and all tech products. That clean, simple look over bells and whistles any day of the week.

We could get soo much better technology for our money, but companies are bleeding us dry to make the last penny out of every tiny step in technology.

just no

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Governments do care about money; if they do not care then why they tax everything in existence also they cannot just print money when they want it. The first UK politician to even mentioned global warming was Margaret Thatcher (who should have known better) because she was in a dispute with the coal miners unions and wanted additional reasons to move away from coal as the main source for energy in the UK.

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Agreed

It's down ultimately to how well the companies handle it. I know there's a particular Scandinavian country who put a lot of thought and planning into the design of the storage facilities and is properly managing their radioactive waste unlike places like Russia and China. 

Anyone who cites Chernobyl, Three Mile Island or Fukushima is lying to themselves. The failure of those three plants was down to design flaws; using explosive material as the moderator, not providing information on coolant levels and putting the backup generators below the flood plane. 

Nuclear waste is actually much less dangerous than people give it credit for. It is the un-educated media and activist groups like Greenpeace distributing miss-information that is to blame for the negative public perception of nuclear energy.

And you're right anyone who sites Chernobyl and Fukushima as reasons why nuclear energy is unsafe, is themselves ill-educated on the subject.

Cod gamers and if you don't play cod and aren't an "mlg" then your a looser. 

This post does not make much sense...

(One of my friends actually thinks this) A controller is far superior to mouse and keyboard

There are some pro's to using a controller over a keyboard; a friend of mine pointed out to me (he is primarily a PC gamer but also plays on an xbox) that sometimes he prefers to use a controller. He says that when he is using a keyboard and mouse and sitting inches from his monitor he feel too tightly wound up in the game and that sometimes he just wants to lay back on his bed (controller in hand) and play some games on his TV.

Nothing wrong with that is there :)