Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

Deus Ragno, on 08 Jun 2013 - 2:40 PM, said:

The places I hang around have made me forget this fact since they're primarily atheistic. So I suppose I should add a ditto for me on that one.

Indeed. Most of my friends and family are, if not atheists, then at least

agnostic. Luckily my society doesn't discriminate as strongly against us

as other places, but it's still noticeable from time to time to some extent.

Religious zealotry has noticeably increased in the last decade or so. It's

still not really bad (in most parts of the country anyway, there are places

where you just can't really be non-christian), but I'm a bit skeptical about

what the future will bring in that regard. For the time being, their wacky

propositions usually don't stand a chance in a popular vote, but if you

bring in the right factors (for example, a great disaster), that may easily

change.

Note: I'm specifically talking about religious zealots and extremists, not

religious people who leave me be without interfering (or trying to) in my

life. I have no problem with them (I disagree with them, but I think they

should have the right to believe in what they believe), and I'll leave them

alone as long as they leave me in peace. I'm talking about people trying to

force other people to live by their personal rules and beliefs, interfering

in and reducing other people's freedom even though they themselves are,

objectively speaking, not in any way harmed by that freedom.

Example: Gay marriage. It does not, in any way shape or form, harm my personal

standard of living if two men/women get a marriage license/certificate. I'm

not even remotely affected by that. Hence, I have no reason to interfere.

Volbet, on 08 Jun 2013 - 2:41 PM, said:

I'll join that club aswell

Welcome! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Making racist jokes is fine and pretty hilarious.

9/11 is an inside job (may not be an opinion)

Yeah, it's an opinion for now although something fishy was definitely going on.

If anyone is still against racist jokes, they should check out Lisa Lampanelli's stand up, she makes EVERYONE laugh at the "obscene" things she says. Sure, maybe not everyone is fine with it, but personally I've never seen anyone take offense to a racist joke in person.

i think 300 is a horrible movie

i love macbook pros

i hate led fans, i think the make the build and case look very cheap 

i think the posiden is one of the ugliest coolers ive seen 

i dont like lian li

i love elegance/minimalistic builds 

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i dont like lian li

What specifically don't you like about LL cases? Genuinely curious.

Also, I don't think an affinity for minimalist builds is that unpopular,

but I suppose it depends on the company you keep. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think Bioshock Infinite is overrated, just because of a 20 minutes ending that's barely interactive and a plot twist suddenly everyone forgets it's flaws

*torches and pitchforks being raised*

-*runs for his life*

Not just that, but it was also repetitive. It felt like there were seemingly endless waves of enemies that were easy to kill even on the hardest difficulty, with the occasional supply replenishment from Elizabeth and eons of time spent looting.

What specifically don't you like about LL cases? Genuinely curious.

Also, I don't think an affinity for minimalist builds is that unpopular,

but I suppose it depends on the company you keep. ;)

i love the out side but the inside is horrible and ugly shapes and expensive, why so much money ?in my opinion and you be suprised on how many people i know cant stay minimalist builds

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

i love the out side but the inside is horrible and ugly shapes and expensive, why so much money ?in my opinion and you be suprised on how many people i know cant stay minimalist builds

I agree about their insides. Even though they make cases which are black

on the inside, they are still years behind when it comes to cable management,

at least the cases I'm aware of.

Sorry to hear about your minimalist-haters, personally the company I

keep is skewed towards the other end of the spectrum. :lol:

Not just that, but it was also repetitive. It felt like there were seemingly endless waves of enemies that were easy to kill even on the hardest difficulty, with the occasional supply replenishment from Elizabeth and eons of time spent looting.

Not to mention the 3 fight sequences that made me boil in anger and frustration, punch my desk and rage quit on 1999 mode, (ghost mumx2 and generator defense)

If you'd like to see a video of someone who isn't brainwashed as it were by this game, I would recommend Campster maker of Errant Signal:

While I do not agree with everything, I still think those are valid points.

Not to mention the 3 fight sequences that made me boil in anger and frustration, punch my desk and rage quit on 1999 mode, (ghost mumx2 and generator defense)

If you'd like to see a video of someone who isn't brainwashed as it were by this game, I would recommend Campster maker of Errant Signal:

While I do not agree with everything, I still think those are valid points.

The boss fights were obviously the harder parts of the game, but even if you're bad at them you can just respawn. You lose some money, but it really doesn't matter very much.

Mobile devices are a peace of sh*t other than the Gameboy Advanced SP and DS with only Pokemon games. Got get them Pokemon. PC is king and many many more unpopular of my opinion.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Battlefield 3 sucks, COD sucks all modern FPS games suck. Other than Planetside 1 and 2 but they are set in the future. Oh and Battlefield 4 and COD Dog game looks like it will also be crap. I want all games to be developed on PC than ported onto console so they can get a crap experience for once, I'm fed up with getting half assed (not how you spell it, don't know how neither does Google) ports of games and sometimes not even getting games.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

The boss fights were obviously the harder parts of the game, but even if you're bad at them you can just respawn. You lose some money, but it really doesn't matter very much.

But in 1999 mode, you will eventually run out of money if you keep dying, and if you're out of money you restart from the nearest checkpoint, which is terrible, I can't count how many times I got SO CLOSE to beating the ghost mum just to run out of ammo and die, and have to do it all over again. Terrible just terrible.

Here are mine

1. I hate steam, it's really buggy for me when I log in, and I find it extremely inefficient to use.

2. I don't like fractal cases, they never clicked for me like they seem to do for every one else.

3. Led fans, they always seem to ruin a any build for me, however I love UV fans or a fan that has the less mounted in the center of the actual fan, not shining across the blades.

4. I don't like pokemon, never have liked any bit of pokemon

Dude! It's like we're twins! Also, Ducky keyboards I've held don't feel built well enough to justify the cost, the half-as-expensive CM Storm Quickfire TK actually feels more solid. As for socks in sandals, I don't ever want to see other people's feet, it's the ugliest part of the human body and should be hidden at all times.

But I have a few more:

• League of Legends is a super crappy game and an excercise in attempted but somehow failed community self-destruction.
  • CS:GO is a one-dimensional and featureless shooter with a skill ceiling too low to really be competitive, and developing a game to be balanced by using complete balance symmetry is something a child could do.
  • Corsair are mostly overrated and is popular mostly due to bandwagoning.
  • Razer have the worst QC in the industry. Even worse bandwagoning effect than Corsair.
  • All AMD graphics cards, both reference and custom designs, with the exception of the HIS IceQ X2 7970 and some XFX cards are ugly and flimsy looking and I don't want them in my computer mostly for that reason.
  • Water cooling consumer level CPUs (2500K, 3570K etc.) is an exercise in wastefulness. Unless you've got a bad chip a good air cooler will get you to the chip's dielectric barrier before it's thermal barrier.
  • Blue lighting and blue LED fans as the only lighting in a black case automatically makes a build worthless to me. I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to compliment even my best friend on such a build.
  • I don't like Steam and only buy multiplayer games on it and extremely discounted games. There is no true offline mode I can trust.
  • TekSyndicate is stiff and pretentious, and they blabber about America-specific news too much. I'd rather scrape the iris off my eyeballs for entertainment.\
  • The average MMORPG gamer has worse taste in games than a One Direction/ Bieber fan has in music. Guild Wars 2, and Elder Scrolls Online and the like are mass produced drivel.
I do have some opinions that I know are unpopular, and I know I sound like a massive contrarian, but whatevs. Deal with it!

The thermal barrier is not the problem, it's fan noise. You can get similar or better temperatures with much less noise if you water cool the CPU.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

I think Valve is a terrible game dev. It seems like somehow CS:GO has actually gotten buggier as time has gone on, and the ranking system is just pitiful. Somehow I managed to get in at least four games in a row where I was above 2:1 K:D ratio, and the rest of my team were incompetent. Dota 2 is exactly this bad, as well.

The thermal barrier is not the problem, it's fan noise. You can get similar or better temperatures with much less noise if you water cool the CPU.

True. But even as somebody who's been water cooling for ~12 years I gotta admit that price/

performance is pretty terrible in most cases. You are right of course, but there is a lot

more money involved for not nearly as much of an improvement when it comes to the cooling

performance/noise ratio.

Nonetheless, I seriously love w/c. :)

I dislike Corsair.

I hate Apple who brainwashed my brother.

I'm starting to dislike Intel.

I hate fanboys.

I'm starting to dislike NVIDIA.

League of Legends is really bad....

I don't hate EA but i do hate Blizzard Activision.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Well, "good" is subjective so he can't objectively prove his statement.

But numbers aren't subjective. If there's statistical data proving that nvidia have cards with good performance per dollar, then it's not subjective.

They're sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it's better than drinkin' alone...

BitFenix Prodigy Black / Intel Core i7 3770K / Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI mITX / ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DCUII 2GB / Corsair Vengance LP 8GB (2x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz / Corsair SF600 - 600W  / Corsair H70 Push Pull

BAPEsta, on 09 Jun 2013 - 4:33 PM, said:

But numbers aren't subjective. If there's statistical data proving that nvidia have cards with good performance per dollar, then it's not subjective.

Numbers might not be subjective, but what constitutes "good performance per dollar" is.

Depending on your personal scale of measurement, even a Titan could be good performance

per dollar for some people (not to me though ;) ).

What you can quantify pretty well of course is how much performance you get per dollar

when you directly compare GPU cards, at least when it comes to certain aspects of their

performance. Benchmark them, take their prices, and then you can say which gets you

more FPS/$. However, when you try to take into account things like user experience,

image quality, driver stability, ease of use etc., things can get a bit murky again,

and can vastly differ between tests, users and systems.

I have many opinions which are unpopular IRL (e.g. about Apple, consoles, Beats by Dre, certain games etc.) but those seem to be popular here so I won't include them

Almost all NZXT cases are ugly

Noctua fans are good but overrated, definitely not worth putting up with the colour scheme.

BioShock Infinite is a mediocre game with a very good story

GTA IV doesn't hold a candle to previous GTAs

XBox one has some good points...

Electric cars and hybrids cause much more harm than good to the environment (and your wallet) throughout their whole life cycle, especially if the energy source charging it is mostly unrenewable (that's actually been proven though so it's not just an opinion)

Some Apple devices can be very good depending on the user

Overpricing is mostly the consumers fault not just the company

Here are a few opinions I have that may be unpopular... at least on this forum.

Consoles are good for video games and PC game experience is not significantly better.

People who leave bad reviews on websites when they have a hardware failure instead of trying to work it out with the manufacturer make buying products online a futile effort in wading through crap.

AMD / Intel processors are both good.

Nvidia / AMD graphics cards are both good.

Samsung phones should not be the face of Android, HTC, LG and Motorola all make phones just as good if not better than Samsung and Touchwiz is ugly.

The iPad is a good tablet.

Calling something "good" is subjective, though. Just because a Nvidia card has a better value than its competitor doesn't necessarily make it a "good" value, and vice versa.

Samsung phones should not be the face of Android, HTC, LG and Motorola all make phones just as good if not better than Samsung and Touchwiz is ugly.

I love my Motorola Razr i. It's not the fastest thing out there, but battery time is very

good, build quality is excellent and it doesn't cost a fortune (the HTC one was neither out yet

when I bought my phone nor within my price bracket).

A friend of mine has the Galaxy SIII, and even though it's a great phone from a hardware point of

view, build quality is just a brick of cheap plastic. And since build quality is extremely high

up on my list of priorities that one was out when it came to my decision.

I think Nutella is disgusting

I don't like the Simpsons

I also think Razer and Corsair are highly overrated even though I use their products

I think religion in general is bad for the world

I don't like cats

I FU**ING HATE BACON WITH A PASSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen Lost or Heroes

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

i think 300 is a horrible movie

i love macbook pros

i hate led fans, i think the make the build and case look very cheap 

i think the posiden is one of the ugliest coolers ive seen 

i dont like lian li

300 is a pretty bad movie