Unpopular Opinions

Deus Ragno

How is that an unpopular opinion? That's an incredibly popular opinion, which often ends up in people making stupid mistakes such as getting a degree with something that has absolutely no value to society.

I hear a lot of people talking about how there isn't a use anymore (in the USA) because it costs so much and jobs are so rare that odds are it isn't going to help enough. 

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

You play any non multiplayer fps games?

Certainly most recently they would be: Fallout NV, Far Cry 3, Dishonoured and Borderlands 2 

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

I think Logan from Tek Syndicate is a pretentious idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about half the time and just say whatever he thinks is correct without actually knowing anything.

Samsung, Intel and Corsair tend to cheap out on their manufacturing processes.

Corsair doesn't make PSUs, and Seasonic definitely do not cheap out on their manufacturing process. Go look at some reviews by JonnyGuru.

I can understand Samsung but Intel? How do they cheap out?

I see some people talking about popular games/movies/etc they dislike so I'll post a list of those:

Most action movies which doesn't really have any plot, just some butch man running around shooting foreigner people because they are not 'merican.

Call of Duty

Halo (I liked 1, 2 and 3 but then it went to shit)

The Big Bang Theory

Naruto/One Piece/Bleach

PewDiePie

Ray William Johnson

Forgot to mention (and it concerns tech), I hate electric cars so much Everyone emphasize on electric and hybrid cars and it kills me because hydrogen is here and is a MUCH better fuel than anything you can find right now. Like, hydrogen cars spits out H2O and refueling is as fast as with petrol And you have crap load of hydrogen to spare and maybe even infiniteI had a course in college by a professor who had done quite extensive researchinto hydrogen. The really big problem with hydrogen is that the molecule H2 isvery, very small and therefore easily diffuses through tanks and pipes (sincethere are lots of small tiny gaps in a material on an atomar level). So basicallyyour fuel evaporates through the containers in which it is stored and throughwhich is is transported. It's like water evaporating through your tubes in awater cooling loop.There are three possibilities to potentially solve this:Make the walls of said containers very thick. This is way too expensiveand therefore not realistic (also, cars would get way too heavy).Manufacture hydrogen locally and use it right away instead of havingto store it. I do not yet know of any such system ready for mass-deployment.Develop a new material which does not allow H2 to seep through (or atleast significantly reduces the rate of diffusion). I do not know if thisis even possible or if the laws of physics prevent this.So yes, that's (mostly) why hydrogen cars aren't practical yet, and possiblynever will be. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if they were, but at themoment the technology just isn't there yet.

Yeah forgot that...

I still think it's a much better solution

And like Clarkson "Once you find a way to properly store hydrogen, you will be the richest person"

Unless companies are still on their butts selling petrol

CPU: A10-5800K, GPU: 7660D, RAM: Corsair XMS3 2x 4GB 1600Mhz, PSU: Rosewill Stallion series RD500-2SB 500W, Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35, HDD: WD 10EZEX 1TB Blue, Case: Rosewill Line-M mAtx

I hear a lot of people talking about how there isn't a use anymore (in the USA) because it costs so much and jobs are so rare that odds are it isn't going to help enough. 

Well, a lot of people do pick pointless courses and those people might as well not go to college.

Corsair doesn't make PSUs

I have a Corsair TX850. I'm pretty sure it is a PSU and if it isn't then I have absolutely no idea how my computer is even turned on.

Yeah forgot that... I still think it's a much better solution And like Clarkson "Once you find a way to properly store hydrogen, you will be the richest person" Unless companies are still on their butts selling petrol

The problem is there isn't and just like LPG-powered vehicles you would not be able to leave an hydrogen-powered car indoors or you'd risk an explosion, which would be much more severe in case of hydrogen since it easily leaks and has a very high once ignited. It's also the smallest atom, so it's not nearly as easy to fill up as gasoline as any slight opening while refilling would result in a leak and potential health hazard. Any car accident would also be much much much much more dangerous since as soon as hydrogen comes in contact with oxygen it will ignite without the need of a spark as long as there's something hot, which is a given on a car accident, and cause a very very very dangerous explosion. This is all worsened by the fact that it has no smell or colour, our bodies do not possess the capability to detect hydrogen in any way regardless of the quantities which means people can easily be incinerated or asphyxiated without being aware of the danger. Unlike LPG it also damages any metal that it touches so metal enclosures are out of the question which only leaves plastics that end up leaking gas through very small holes (that's why a year old pepsi no longer has any gas left, because it seeped through the plastic).

Hydrogen is not an option, it's simply too dangerous and difficult to control.

Well, a lot of people do pick pointless courses and those people might as well not go to college.

I have a Corsair TX850. I'm pretty sure it is a PSU and if it isn't then I have absolutely no idea how my computer is even turned on.

I think he/she meant someone else OEM Corsair's power supllies

Yeah forgot that... I still think it's a much better solution And like Clarkson "Once you find a way to properly store hydrogen, you will be the richest person" Unless companies are still on their butts selling petrol

Yup, if we solve that problem and manage to get political support to really

start replacing fossil fuels it will be awesome.

Corsair doesn't make PSUs, and Seasonic definitely do not cheap out on their manufacturing process. Go look at some reviews by JonnyGuru.

I think he might have been talking about something besides PSUs. But yes, Seasonic

is top notch, and +1 for Jonnyguru.  :)

Corsair do not manufacture their own PSUs, they (as almost all other brands)

have their PSUs manufactured by OEMs. The current Corsair lineup is manufactured

by Seasonic and Flextronics AFAIK. Another excellent OEM (who also sell under their

own brand) is Delta. Enermax do manufacture their own higher-end models and have

their lower range models made by OEMs as well I think.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I think he/she meant someone else OEM Corsair's power supllies

Corsair do not manufacture their own PSUs, they (as almost all other brands) have their PSUs manufactured by OEMs.

Ah, ok, my bad.

Ah, ok, my bad.

No worries, it does say Corsair on the box after all. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I can understand Samsung but Intel? How do they cheap out?

I said that they tend to cheap out, meaning that they don't always. Corsair does with their coolers and their cases (compared to their price)

Intel has been slacking recently as well, look at what they're doing with their TIM for their CPUs. You shouldn't have to go to this extent just to get reasonably good temperatures, especially after paying a premium for the brand

I said that they tend to cheap out, meaning that they don't always. Corsair does with their coolers and their cases (compared to their price).

Intel has been slacking recently as well, look at what they're doing with their TIM for their CPUs. You shouldn't have to go to this extent just to get reasonably good temperatures, especially after paying a premium for the brand.

Oh right their coolers. Yeah I've never been a fan of those. Their RAM is good though (not super special awesome, but not bad either) and their PSUs are really solid. Personally I think Corsair has one of the best cases on the market, the 400r.

I wouldn't say they "cheap out" on their cases though. They all seem solid to me. Not worth the money, but not cheap or bad.

I think Intel didn't go with fluexless solder (like they did with Sandy Bridge and older) because they didn't want people overclocking too much (and maybe get lower end chips, overclock them and then don't see any reason to upgrade later).

I guess you could say they "cheaped out", but I think they did it on purpose. I disagree that you pay a premium when you buy an Intel processor though. AMD does have better price:performance in some cases, but not in all.

Corsair do not manufacture their own PSUs, they (as almost all other brands)

have their PSUs manufactured by OEMs. The current Corsair lineup is manufactured

by Seasonic and Flextronics AFAIK. Another excellent OEM (who also sell under their

own brand) is Delta. Enermax do manufacture their own higher-end models and have

their lower range models made by OEMs as well I think.

CTW is the OEM for their CX lineup (which has quite a few issues with coil whine, etc), and I believe that they have other OEMs as well but it was a while since I read the article about it

Hate Apple

Hate watercooling

Dislike Razer

Hate Beats

Hate people who hate LED fans

Hate people who hate smartphones

Hate religion (not the believers, but the religions themselves)

Hate Monster energy drink, most other energy drinks taste fine though, Monster is just really chemical tasting.

Hate Youtube comments mostly.

I can't stand milk, I seriously gag when I try to drink it.

Oh and there are 3 users on this forum that I hate deeply, I love the rest. :D

CTW is the OEM for their CX lineup (which has quite a few issues with coil whine, etc), and I believe that they have other OEMs as well but it was a while since I read the article about it.

Corsair rebrands PSUs from 3 different OEMs.

Channel Well (like you said for the CX series, as well as some TX, some HX, the gaming series as well as the VX-550).

Seasonic (for most of their PSUs),

Flextronics (for their AX1200 and maybe one or two more).

Even the CTW units are usually pretty good.

Channel Well (like you said for the CX series, as well as some TX, some HX, the gaming series as well as the VX-550).

Currently I think that's true, though they have had a few other OEMs that they don't seem to be affiliated with anymore

My opinion is that the Human race is an all devouring all greedy body that it will eventually destroy the planet or turn it into correscant.  Idealists lobbying the government will not change that. Greenpeace are fighting a lost cause.  You would not expect a wild cat to become a vegetarian overnight, neither can you expect the human race to change its consumerist and survivalist ways over night.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My opinion is that the Human race is an all devouring all greedy body that it will eventually destroy the planet or turn it into correscant.  Idealists lobbying the government will not change that. Greenpeace are fighting a lost cause.  You would not expect a wild cat to become a vegetarian overnight, neither can you expect the human race to change its consumerist and survivalist ways over night.

Maybe we can do it in daylight! 

Girls.png

If the Gulf Stream stopped (which will happen some time in the future) half of the world woud freeze... So yes it is a scam.

Why do i always get blue screens? Why not a red one for a change?

Spoiler

CPU: 2920x  GPU: Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor X  MOBO: X399 Taichi  RAM: 4x 8GB Trident Z RGN 3200/14  CASE: 900D  OS SSD: Samsung 960 Evo 512GB  Storage: 20TB NAS  PSU: Corsair RM1000i  CPU COOLER: NH-U14S TR4 OS: Arch Linux Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 TKL  Mouse: MX Master 2S Headphones: BD DT 770 PRO 250 Ohm

CTW is the OEM for their CX lineup (which has quite a few issues with coil whine, etc), and I believe that they have other OEMs as well but it was a while since I read the article about it.

Good to know.

If the Gulf Stream stopped (which will happen some time in the future) half of the world woud freeze... So yes it is a scam.

That's... not how it works. The Gulf stream is a local phenomenon. Global

warming is about global and long-term average (decades, centuries)

temperature rise. You can easily have the north Atlantic (and bordering regions)

get much colder while still having a higher global average temp.

• I'd prefer an iPhone 5 over my BlackBerry.

I Love Origin (It Works fine for me).

I'm afraid of water-cooling my PC.

I like Noctua's Fans.

I Hate Electric Cars.

I hate the Youtube Layout.

• I'd prefer an iPhone 5 over my BlackBerry.
  • I Love Origin (It Works fine for me).
  • I'm afraid of water-cooling my PC.
  • I like Noctua's Fans.
  • I Hate Electric Cars.
  • I hate the Youtube Layout.

I don’t think it is an unpopular opinion to prefer the iPhone to a Blackberry. No one I know really loves their Blackberry (just people who perpetually hate on apple products) :)

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Good to know.

That's... not how it works. The Gulf stream is a local phenomenon. Global

warming is about global and long-term average (decades, centuries)

temperature rise. You can easily have the north Atlantic (and bordering regions)

get much colder while still having a higher global average temp.

There is allot of mud being portrayed as Climate Science by organisations like the IPCC, regardless of that though, temperature increases are not a bad thing.

• 1 month later...
Popular anime that can go suck fat chode in Danny Devito's basement:

Cowboy Bebop

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

One Piece

Things in videogames that should die in a freak homoerotic logging accident:

Zombies

Mafia

Games that want nothing more than to fuck you with their throbbing difficultycock in lieu of actually providing you with a good experience playing the game (See: Demon Souls, Dark Souls)

Things in movies that need to take a long walk off a short cliff:

Zombies

Mafia

Love interests

People that should be forcefully opted in for oral fecal injection:

Chestpounding Dorito gnashing dudebros (This opinion mainly being unpopular with dudebros. Of which there are many)

People who over analyse shit on Tumblr and the spazzoids who slap their proverbial chests in agrement 

I've never understood why EVERY SINGLE PC IN EXISTENCE MUST BE A RED AND BLACK THEMED ROG BUILD. OMG jgf,fhlyjufhhlyjfgujy.flyu there can't be yellow, blue, white, or ANYTHING else. andeortgeheihOMGdzojfgahg.

i agreed whit some opinions and other put me scratching my head but these are my mini rants thrown to the mix

• origin is a much more stable platform that steam by a LOT though i still prefer it overall
  • intel Mother boards are stupidly underrated, i have never used something more reliable compared to others vendors, so sad there closing this division of the Co :( (though the one i'm using now doesn't like my KB)
  • microsoft KB where awesome until the current stuff came out, again highly reliable for their price
  • windows phone 8 is better that people think, microsoft just need to push its sdk to the devs and others companies to increase the app count and remove xbox integration is just stupid and unnecessary   -_-
  • most people here hate apple but i wanna watch them burn on a pit burred in all the crap they have made and i would gladly start that fire
  • i think pokemon is utter crap and overrated
  • the fact that news source on TV are manipulated to the roots
  • isp that uses crappy modems for their service (pretty much everyone) 
  • almost all F2P and the business model in general
  • everyone hates CoD but i think CoD4 is on of the greatest FPS ever made (so freaking hyped for titan fall =D)
  • the popularity of MOBAs like WTF how people can watch tournament of this shit i mean i am freaking noob but i assume once you know how the basic is easier that most games out there

i have even more but i am already boiling in the inside just for remembering all of this crap  :angry:

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here