iPad Air 2 bends... A WHOLE LOT! many times worse than iPhone

bcredeur97

As much I want to say yes, my Surface Pro 2 disagrees.

microsoft-surface-skateboard.jpg

(picture of a surface (thinner than the Pro series), used as a skate)

Well then again, I guess it's technically a convertible.

Cnet also did this. The surface barely bent. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'm going to ask, and this is mainly directed at the mods, how in the glorious name of Jesus does this constitute as TECH NEWS? 

I kinda love this kind of stuff, cause it causes so much hilarity on all sides. But...off topic. General chat. On one hand people bitch about Tech News being diluted and having poor articles and then on the other you go and allow stuff like this. 

Make up your minds already. 

Unless someone convinces me how in the world would this matter under normal use I will stay in the I don't give a crap mode. What's next are we gonna bend graphic cards?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

your computer can bend too if you put unrealistic force on it.

post-2691-0-53730400-1414124822.jpg

2017 Macbook Pro 15 inch

You're missing the point here - the iPad can be bent with nothing more than your two hands. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Bent with a tank, by the looks of it.

You're missing the point here - the iPad can be bent with nothing more than your own pair of hands. 

And my hands can bend pretty much any piece of tech they touch, if I really give a shit. 

Hell, my hands can bend my older OG iPad and less old iPad 4 as well. Should we give a shit about that as well? 

It is sad that places need to make mountains out of molehills just to get page views and its sadder that we give a damn about this stuff. 

i expect unboxtherapy to make a video soon?

And my hands can bend pretty much any piece of tech they touch, if I really give a shit. 

Hell, my hands can bend my older OG iPad and less old iPad 4 as well. Should we give a shit about that as well? 

It is sad that places need to make mountains out of molehills just to get page views and its sadder that we give a damn about this stuff. 

Oh believe me I don't give a damn...the forum is dead at the moment and I'm bored. 

I can bend my Nexus 7 2013, but it is plastic afterall. You don't expect the same for a device made of metal. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I'm going to ask, and this is mainly directed at the mods, how in the glorious name of Jesus does this constitute as TECH NEWS? 

I kinda love this kind of stuff, cause it causes so much hilarity on all sides. But...off topic. General chat. On one hand people bitch about Tech News being diluted and having poor articles and then on the other you go and allow stuff like this. 

Make up your minds already. 

I spend more time reporting posts than I do writing them. Every day I am constantly reporting stuff that clearly doesn't follow posting guidelines or doesn't belong here

You're missing the point here - the iPad can be bent with nothing more than your two hands.

With the thumbs in the middle as a pivot and the palm at the longest distance from the pivot, that's a worse case senario with a very high turning force that you can never achieve unless you put the tablet in your pockets or sit on it.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

To be honest half of the people here are missing the primary point. The fact the iPad bends so much easier than the iPhone (given it's size) makes #BendGate even more important than ever. Tablets are common home devices that are constantly undergoing accidental abuse. I've sat on my Sero 7 Pro numerous times (when left on the bed, couch, etc) without a damn thing wrong with it when I got up. I am willing to bet if you sat on the new iPad a couple times you'd end up with a pringle.

Here's me throwing away my money, by bending and breaking the thing i just spent said money on. - That German guy. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Geforce RTX 3090 FE 

Sure you aren't putting it in your pocket, but if you have it in a backpack and something is put on it or someone leans on the backpack to hard it could still bend and damage it, pockets aren't the only ways devices can bend

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Anybody who is angry about the ""waste of money/iPads" here really needs to get over themselves, this video probably made a profit, so the money is back, and apple made money on it, so who cares? its just moving the assymbly line 1 ipad

I hope he recycled it properly though

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

why is this even news section....

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

this video, this topic and even most of the comments in this topic that there are even people in the tech world that shouldn't be left alive.

I'm pretty sure all tablets will bend if you try hard enough. It's a wide and thin device, the laws of physics are against it.

yes that and the pressure was focussed at a single point in the middle(the weakest point)

ITS A FEATURE

old joke, not funny since nobody connected to apple said that.

THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

It frustrates me to a point where I would like to shoot these people. Do you carry your iPad in your pocket? No. It is an expensive device and there is no reason that these devices should be insanely strong. Just be careful with them like any normal person should be and it will be fine. Apple does extensive structural testing before they build and sell these...

just my two cents...

you get it completely, but yeah humanity....

Or you could reverse your logic and say that they should be insanely strong because they are expensive... I mean it shouldn't be able to be bent with hands. Past that, sure, the test is dumb. But if it isn't strong enough to stay straight under pressure from my hands, then I don't trust it. 

then take an other tablet and do the same test, I bet that the outcome would be nearly the same(unless it's pretty thick)

But you know what else is expensive and breaks easily? F1 cars, space rockets, air planes, electron microscopes, rolex watches, 3D printers, "art" and i can continue if needed.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

impossible to to on the first gen it was a tank

but this .....

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I wish I could take back the view I just gave him.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

i expect unboxtherapy to make a video soon?

and 2 more follow up videos of other brands' competing product  :rolleyes:

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

this is ridiculous, if you get any tablet and apply the same amoun of pressure on it it will bend. if your that concerned with it bending then get a 2 inch thick tablet

It's a fcking iPad. I don't think you can bend that accidentally unless you have a pocket on your pants to fit it in.

I could fit it in almost every pocket on any of my pants lol I carry a shield tablet with plenty of room to spare. I still don't think you could accidentally bend it without being retarded though.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What the fuck, I think I can bend everything I own, my shield, my 780ti, my PC case panels, my motherboard, my keyboard, my laptop, my pillow

I mean..

Generally, people do not sit there trying to snap their tablets in half...(unless they are Paracetamol) 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

lol being abble to bend in the hand is  little concerning as my ipad 3rd gen is used by my 3 year old so its been battered....still works fine and is straight, but this is just a blatant attempt at publicity.....

still lol at all the fanboys having a freaking heart attack

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017