iPad Air 2 bends... A WHOLE LOT! many times worse than iPhone

bcredeur97

I'm sick of all these bend tests. Any fucking thing will bend if you apply enough force. (except a nokia)

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

(except a nokia)

and a house brick.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

lol, this is just ridiculous. so, thinner device = more likely to bend easily. unless there are some thin device with steel or Carbon Fiber chassy inside.  :lol:

CPU:  i5 4690 Motherboard: AsRock H81M-VG4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz Graphics Card: Sapphire HD7870 OC Intel HD4600  MSI R9 270X HAWX Storage: 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm, 120GB WDC Scorpio 5400 rpm PSU: Corsair VS550 Chassis: Custom Open Air Case OS: Windows 8.1 X64 Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical Mousepad: Roccat Taito Keyboard: Armageddon Kalashnikov AK-770i

As much I want to say yes, my Surface Pro 2 disagrees.

microsoft-surface-skateboard.jpg

(picture of a surface (thinner than the Pro series), used as a skate)

Well then again, I guess it's technically a convertible.

Wrong comparison. If you hold the thing at the ends and push with your thumbs in the middle it's 10 times more likely to bend/break than this. The skates actually "support" the construction. If they were mounted at the edge and you'd try to balance on this thing on a high-heel or stick, yeah it'd break.

Pointless review, just a stunt to get youtube views like Unbox Therapy's "bend test" of the iPhone 6 .

I just want to point out that previous iPads could survive being run over by a car. So, yeah... Something has dropped in quality. You can argue how unlikely it is to bend this accidentally, but you can't deny that Apple's quality isn't what it once was.

Wrong comparison. If you hold the thing at the ends and push with your thumbs in the middle it's 10 times more likely to bend/break than this. The skates actually "support" the construction. If they were mounted at the edge and you'd try to balance on this thing on a high-heel or stick, yeah it'd break.

No not really. the center part is not supported.

I can't comment on the Surface Pro 3 thinner profile, and never actually touched the device, but the Pro 1/2, you are looking at a boxy design. Try take fairly solid cardboard box, and try and bend it, It won't bend as you expect, your thumbs will probably go through first., and the side will break.

In addition, The Surface Pro has the edges reinforced with plate holding with strong glue and a great number of screws.

Plus, at the middle, you have the CPU, and the heat sink. So bending that, right in the middle is hard. I don't see how you can bend a CPU, and in addition, you have the system board which is full size of the device, AND battery

So you need to bend:

-> Magnesium alloy casing, in a box shape design

-> Thicker device

-> CPU + heatsink

-> System board which is full size of the device, and not a small circuit board in the corner like the iPads

-> Large Lithium-ion batteries.

I am not saying it's non bendable. I am saying, assuming average human strength, you'll have one heck of a hard time bending it with your hand.

Yes, I don't put it in my pocket... but yeah I'm glad I didn't buy an Ipad Air 2 when I fell asleep on my Surface Pro 3 on my bed....

for something to bend under the force of two hands, I'm concerned...

and yes, anything will bend/break with enough force but if the amount of "enough force" is easily done on 2 hands I think I should be concerned on the build quality... maybe you think I'm being too paranoid that my concern is stupid but if you have seen how I handled my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 before, you'll agree with me... and I certainly won't buy something like this...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

I spend more time reporting posts than I do writing them. Every day I am constantly reporting stuff that clearly doesn't follow posting guidelines or doesn't belong here

I'm slowly losing faith that the mods even care about this section and how clean it stays. 

You, several others, even I; we care about good content here and now just easy shit posts. Its frustrating. 

Yes, I don't put it in my pocket... but yeah I'm glad I didn't buy an Ipad Air 2 when I fell asleep on my Surface Pro 3 on my bed....

for something to bend under the force of two hands, I'm concerned...

and yes, anything will bend/break with enough force but if the amount of "enough force" is easily done on 2 hands I think I should be concerned on the build quality... maybe you think I'm being too paranoid that my concern is stupid but if you have seen how I handled my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 before, you'll agree with me... and I certainly won't buy something like this...

keep in mind that in the video it didn't really show more than his arms bending in as he puts pressure in the second camera angle. If he is using the strength of his arms, he is putting well over 100 pounds per square inch of pressure in the center of the device. 

I'm slowly losing faith that the mods even care about this section and how clean it stays. 

You, several others, even I; we care about good content here and now just easy shit posts. Its frustrating. 

they delete them or move them. They just can't be everywhere at once, also many people will comment repost and not report it to the mods. 

I'm pretty sure I could bend some laptops if I applied that much pressure onto it.

To all those who say "it's made of soft metal what do you expect"

Bullshit. There are hundreds upon hundreds of synthetic compounds that apple could have implemented for a tenth of the cost of the metal used in the iPads that would be impossible to bend by hand. 

Two be able to bend it this easy is simply crap build quality, end of story.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

It is different if you break the front glass first. In the video from the OP the guy was putting pressure on the glass, which broke the glass which is part of the structure. 

Pointless review, just a stunt to get youtube views like Unbox Therapy's "bend test" of the iPhone 6 .

ill just leave this here

http://youtu.be/62g4bDJw4Gc?t=37m7s

you mean you dont like the fact that they are not agreeing with you? just because you dont think its news doesn't mean others dont

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

It is different if you break the front glass first. In the video from the OP the guy was putting pressure on the glass, which broke the glass which is part of the structure. 

that's how I sleep on my surface last time... on the glass... :lol:

I'm scared to death that I never put my surface near my bed again...  but this video looks legit, actually more legit than the OP... at least to me...

keep in mind that in the video it didn't really show more than his arms bending in as he puts pressure in the second camera angle. If he is using the strength of his arms, he is putting well over 100 pounds of pressure in the center of the device. 

I don't really know the figures, but 100 pounds? sounds a bit of exaggeration to me, but I won't say it's impossible since I don't have a figure my self :) ... still 100 pounds is just half of my weight (again, I probably not applying force in the center but it could happen on bed though....) so I see it still is entirely possible to happen in real world.... but the new video probably relief a little bit of the concern...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

God people... Who the hell cares? You must be mentally retarded if you would do this with your devices anyway.

that's how I sleep on my surface last time... on the glass... :lol:

I'm scared to death that I never put my surface near my bed again...  but this video looks legit, actually more legit than the OP... at least to me...

I don't really know the figures, but 100 pounds? sounds a bit of exaggeration to me, but I won't say it's impossible since I don't have a figure my self :) ... still 100 pounds is just half of my weight (again, I probably not applying force in the center but it could happen on bed though....) so I see it still is entirely possible to happen in real world.... but the new video probably relief a little bit of the concern...

I should have put that as per square inch. A human body would distribute the weight when sat on for example. The strength of your arms and hands put into the area of two thumbs is much worse than a 300 pound man sitting on it. 

News flash, laptops and tablets bend. WHO KNEW? I would hope everyone.

This is why you have to be careful with your products. Then only reason why the iPhone has #bendgate is because the plus was apparently is having a slight bend from normal use being in pockets in a few instances. Then compared to other phone it is rather easy to bend in one location. That's not suppose to happen.

Tablets and even laptops very much bend. It's not a flaw, it's just what it is.

Aluminum housing bends + chips into lithium battery = pop & fire.

gg.

SPAAAAAACE!!!

QaZpaOd.jpg

I'm starting to doubt the structural integrity of a lot of things when clearly put under the pressures of regular use case scenarios.

4930k @ 4.5GHz - EVGA 780ti Superclocked ACX - ASUS x79 Deluxe - 32GB Tactical Tracer @ 2133

News flash, laptops and tablets bend. WHO KNEW? I would hope everyone.

This is why you have to be careful with your products. Then only reason why the iPhone has #bendgate is because the plus was apparently is having a slight bend from normal use being in pockets in a few instances. Then compared to other phone it is rather easy to bend in one location. That's not suppose to happen.

Tablets and even laptops very much bend. It's not a flaw, it's just what it is.