iPad Air 2 bends... A WHOLE LOT! many times worse than iPhone

bcredeur97

guys. if u ever wanted to bend something... buy an iPad Air 2.

I promise you will have 100% satisfaction in the bending of this Apple product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nPj9QaXg0E

NOW LETS ALL GO TO THE APPLE STORE AND TRY IT FOR OURSELVES!!! (seriously do not do this lol)

Source: http://9to5mac.com/community/yep-the-ipad-air-2-bends-a-lot/

Extra info:

I dont think this test is realistic at all. i dont think people can fit an iPad air 2 in their back pocket to do this themselves "accidentally." Apple does make some of the world's thinnest products, that combined with Aluminium (yep two i's master race) makes this device really easy to bend. So if you buy an iPad Air 2, be careful with it. put it in a case if your gonna let your kids play with it. Be wise with your $500 devices people! Take care of them!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Of course it's going to bend ffs. It's made out of a soft metal.

It's a fcking iPad. I don't think you can bend that accidentally unless you have a pocket on your pants to fit it in.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Comments disabled. At least he's smart.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

ITS A FEATURE

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

He should have sent the thing to me instead of ripping it in half.....

All tablets will rip if you put enough pressure.

THIS SHIT NEEDS TO STOP!!! SERIOUSLY!!!

It frustrates me to a point where I would like to shoot these people. Do you carry your iPad in your pocket? No. It is an expensive device and there is no reason that these devices should be insanely strong. Just be careful with them like any normal person should be and it will be fine. Apple does extensive structural testing before they build and sell these...

just my two cents...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

All these money wasted ;_;

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Let's wait for a few more bend tests...

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

It frustrates me to a point where I would like to shoot these people. Do you carry your iPad in your pocket? No. It is an expensive device and there is no reason that these devices should be insanely strong. Just be careful with them like any normal person should be and it will be fine. Apple does extensive structural testing before they build and sell these...

just my two cents...

In all honestly if i ever had something that expensive i would take care it more than my child (if i had one)

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

What a waste of an expensive device...

I'm not even going to call it a design flaw at this point... It's a tablet for crying out loud.. It's not meant to be put somewhere that can cause it to bend...

The new feature of Apple products they become crepes xD

just my two cents...

Or you could reverse your logic and say that they should be insanely strong because they are expensive... I mean it shouldn't be able to be bent with hands. Past that, sure, the test is dumb. But if it isn't strong enough to stay straight under pressure from my hands, then I don't trust it. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

ITS A FEATURE

Soon to be patented.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Panasonic Toughpad be like bitch please

tumblr_mqo0d8hUpU1sv9jigo1_500.gif

I think the iPhones bending could be an issue (depending on how wide spread it was/will become). You have phones in your pockets where they can be put under some pressure. If that small amount of pressure could permanently bend your phone then that's a big problem. Risk of bending it from normal use = very bad.

You won't put your tablet in a pocket or any other area where it might be put under a small amount of force over a long period of this. Therefore, this is not an issue. Sure you can bend it with your hand, but the risk of accidentally bending it under normal use is so small it's not even worth mentioning. Bending it when put under an unrealistic scenario = not an issue.

just my two cents...

I carried a Nexus 7 in my pocket for 2 years with out issue

On noes my Ipad bent because I put like 3 times more force upon it then it its intended for, fuck you apple you suck 

I carried a Nexus 7 in my pocket for 2 years with out issue

That's a big pocket...