iPad Air 2 bends... A WHOLE LOT! many times worse than iPhone

bcredeur97

why does a tablet need to be so rigit?

i get it for a phone but a tablet too?

idiots are trying to bend everything these days.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

why does a tablet need to be so rigit?

i get it for a phone but a tablet too?

idiots are trying to bend everything these days.

People will do anything for views.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

People will do anything for views.

Speaking of which, please make a video where you Quad SLI Titan Zs AND 295s in the same rig, and then PM me the link so I can make an article about it here. 

Cause I guess anything goes for "tech news" these days. 

I dislike apple and all, but this is retarded. It doesn't go in your pocket. It's large and this as the phone. OF COURSE IT FUCKING BENDS. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I wish Apple would stop cheaping out on materials. It's obvious they've taken the cheap option or else the device wouldn't bend that much. I understand that companies need to make a profit, but it seems their profit margin is too great for any thought to be put into the materials.

Current Gaming Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600  |  GPU: GTX 1660 6GB   |  Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX AM4  |  RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200  |  PSU: AeroCool 750W 80+ Bronze Semi-Modular  |  Storage: 120GB Palit SSD, 1TB WD Blue, 1TB HDD, 1TB Toshiba P300 HDD  |  Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo  |  Case: Be Quiet! Pure Base 500

I wish Apple would stop cheaping out on materials. It's obvious they've taken the cheap option or else the device wouldn't bend that much. I understand that companies need to make a profit, but it seems their profit margin is too great for any thought to be put into the materials.

did they? did they use some nasty cheap plastic instead of a metal backing plate?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Wow! Now I know how to get much attention - just bend something like an Apple product.

Well I own a Mercedes E 350 Coupé with 300hp - so my test will be the iPad Air 2 vs. Mercedes.

Just put the iPad in a "secure" position, link it to my coupling device and maybe it will bend - stupid iPad; bad quality.

Topkek...so many people sticking up for Apple...

Doesn't matter how you put it, if such an expensive device is so easily destroyed with your bare hands then it's a serious flaw.

I couldn't care less as i have no desire to go back to Apples shitty closed off, annoying ecosystem after having used an iPhone 4s and iPad Mini for around 12 months. Transferring any type of file, especially media, from my PC is the biggest chore ever and i can't plug them in someone else's computer and transfer stuff without erasing everything.

Only tablet that interests me right now is the SHIELD tablet from Nvidia.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Wow.

I'm super surprised about how many people on Youtube seem to only just be finding out that if you apply enough pressure to any object it will bend and/or snap.

One of these bend tests is gonna end with a battery leak or some really fucked up problem.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Sigh...

IF YOU BEND A DEVICE REALLY HARD, IT WILL BEND NO MATTER WHAT.

But this?! IS NOT NATURAL!!!

Stop hating on Apple and being ignorant. You people piss me off.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

I'm slowly losing faith that the mods even care about this section and how clean it stays. 

You, several others, even I; we care about good content here and now just easy shit posts. Its frustrating. 

i feel you so much... the news section is getting just hammered with either badly written posts/articles or stuff that doesnt even belong here (the typewriter springs to mind)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Man. Im getting tired of this and I hope the batteries should just explode in their faces for being bunch of tards

That's actually okay.

You won't find kids stupid enough to try to fit it in pocket of tight pants.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

i feel you so much... the news section is getting just hammered with either badly written posts/articles or stuff that doesnt even belong here (the typewriter springs to mind)

The shit thread posts and then the rampant trolls who off topic for the sake of off topic.

I support debate with everything. I'm fair game. I might not engage, but if I have some understanding and a preference I will debate with you.

Some people here like to be contrarian for the sake of likes and post counts and feeling popular by engaging in reddit level circle jerking. If people want that so bad, go back to reddit and whack each other off there. Don't bring pedantry here.

The shit thread posts and then the rampant trolls who off topic for the sake of off topic.

I support debate with everything. I'm fair game. I might not engage, but if I have some understanding and a preference I will debate with you.

Some people here like to be contrarian for the sake of likes and post counts and feeling popular by engaging in reddit level circle jerking. If people want that so bad, go back to reddit and whack each other off there. Don't bring pedantry here.

I don't actually mind if the thread post is shit so long as the news article is good, relevant and the OP tried. I don't expect broadsheet quality publications however If the linked article is just clickbait, rumor,  founded on un-qualifiable statistics or a single you tube video etc then there is just no need.

If every thread is going to suffer troll posts because the OP's article is about AMD or Apple etc then can we at least make sure its new news and not something a school kid could have predicted.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Worlds largest flip phone..

All honesty, Apple, build quality is much more important than how damn thin the device is.. Get your shit together.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

I don't actually mind if the thread post is shit so long as the news article is good, relevant and the OP tried. I don't expect broadsheet quality publications however If the linked article is just clickbait, rumor, founded on un-qualifiable statistics or a single you tube video etc then there is just no need.

If every thread is going to suffer troll posts because the OP's article is about AMD or Apple etc then can we at least make sure its new news and not something a school kid could have predicted.

I agree. I might be new and haven't seen the forum in its better days, but I still don't mind reading it. I'd rather have lots of articles / posts to choose from instead of just a few that could miss some news that some users might not consider strictly tech news.

If anything I find the whining more annoying than the odd bad post here or there.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

I think that is ridiculous, I can break a galaxy note if I put that much pressure on it. I don't own any apple products but I know that if you put that much force into any thin device it will break. That wasn't bending, that was snapping.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Saying that it is acceptable for an expensive device to be fragile because it is expensive is retarded. You expect higher quality with increased price. How the fuck is that hard to understand. I don't want to spend a grand on a tablet or phone only to drop it once accidentally and have it be seriously damaged or destroyed. It's a tablet. No, you aren't supposed to put it in your pocket. Who cares. You're supposed to carry it around, and people make mistakes. Fact of life. It will be dropped. The solution is to either to have excellent customer service and replace loads of them, or design the fucking things to not break in the first place.

I am in a much better place nowing that that the iPad can bend, thank you.

Also, thread is hilarious.

I need to know what tablet owners are actually doing with their tablets that requires them to forcibly try to bend them.

You idiots best hope your batteries don't explode because of your stupidity.

Well of course it bends, honestly you can't make something THAT thin and sleek, without it being able to bend!

A lot of the time I don't get the internet and it's horrible obsessions!

Why don't we look at this from another angle, and actually give Apple some credit here?

That iPad Air 2 (even though I'll never buy one) is so thin and light it's amazing!

For the average user (and these are probably the target), this is an amazing product, and that's all there is to it.

NOW STOP BENDING THINGS!