Halo 2 Anniversay Campaign Won't run in 1080p

Puddleuk

Halo CEA is a 360 port though, lower texture resolution, lower polycount, worse lighting and a less taxing game (Halo CE) in the background.

True, but Halo 2 was never much of a looker of a game and the Anniversary version isn't either. It could be due to them using the PC version of Halo 2 for this collection. Halo 2 Vista was pretty wonky. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

thatt's awkward...

ohh well microsoft.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

[quote name="deathjester" post="3137303" timestamp="1412712820"

PS4 owners think they own a supercomputer and XB1 owners think a 150 mhz overclock from 1.6 to 1.75 means their cpu is uber powerful. One claimed the PS4 CPU was better than an I7. Comedy gold.

Possibly my number one pet peeve. A lot of people bought the PS4 over the XB1 purely because of that small difference in power. When it comes to consoles, just buy the one that offers the most in terms of games (to you) and leave it at that.

They're not high end PCs and they aren't meant to be.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

What about Halo 4 then!? and Halo 5!? LOL totally not going to be 1080p.

Anyone know anything about the original Halo 2 campaign still being 1920x1080?

I mean, I can play it on PC, but it would be nice for our console friends to experience the same.

Anyone know anything about the original Halo 2 campaign still being 1920x1080?

I mean, I can play it on PC, but it would be nice for our console friends to experience the same.

breakdown of the MCC games

HaloCE campaign: 1080p/60

HaloCEA campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 2 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 2A campaign: 1328x1080/60

Halo 3 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 4 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo CE Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 2 Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 2A Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 3 Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 4 Multi: 1080p/60

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

i'd take slightly lower 16:9 ratio and 60 fps or even full 1080p @45 fps

man I can see it already. Just like the recent ACU 900p thing, everyone on sites like IGN are going to be losing their minds. Which I feel a little guilty in finding it funny.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

It's running an old game and the "new" one at the same time.

Still not a great excuse when Halo: CE Anniversary is literally doing the same thing while running at 1080p60, but that's their reason.

It still isn't an excuse. They should have done their research when building the console to begin with. That way they could have made sure there would have been enough power in the system to push the bare minimum on PC today. I would imagine the minimum a PC gamer would want to play his game at would be 1080p 60fps ish with medium settings quality. The next gen consoles are no were near that in any game. It's just really bad for the industry because we are going to get another 10 years of shit looking games and bad ports.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That technically is 1080p, just not regular full HD 1080p (1920x1080).  

COMIC SANS

Will someone tell them to just release the rights to the games (the ones already made) to the community already? At this point, we could dev it better by doing it the way linux is dev'd

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Thanks for the quick reply!

My brother is planning on getting it and I personally would love to see how Halo 2 and Halo 3 look in 1080p. I still play the Halo 2 campaign on my original Xbox from time to time, but that's not even 720p!

Halo 3 should look amazing.

"NEXT GEN"

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Thanks for the quick reply!

My brother is planning on getting it and I personally would love to see how Halo 2 and Halo 3 look in 1080p. I still play the Halo 2 campaign on my original Xbox from time to time, but that's not even 720p!

Halo 3 should look amazing.

np

I was skimming through the NeoGAF thread earlier today and remembered seeing a list each games' res/fps being posted there

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Lol, these new consoles will be short lived. 

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Lol, these new consoles will be short lived. 

Incredibly. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Halo 3 campaign: 1080p/60

So it can't do ONE game, a game that is running two engines (both in graphics and sound) at once, at 1080p/60fps. And this is cause for alarm? 

Jesus, you know things are sad when NEOGAF is more reasonable than LTT on this "issue". I say "issue", because it isn't really. I'm sure this stays as a game to buy for many people, regardless of this "tragic" news. 

Peasantry.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Halo 3 campaign: 1080p/60]

So it can't do ONE game, a game that is running two engines (both in graphics and sound) at once, at 1080p/60fps. And this is cause for alarm? 

Jesus, you know things are sad when NEOGAF is more reasonable than LTT on this "issue". I say "issue", because it isn't really. I'm sure this stays as a game to buy for many people, regardless of this "tragic" news.

i honestly find every article about console games running X settings at X resolution to be plain stupid, the thing was made to play games and be affordable, not to be the be all of gaming, when i played console i didn't care how the game looked as long as its playable and fun, not to stare at the eye candy, i switched to pc gaming because of the games themselves not because i wanted to puke rainbows looking at the screen doing nothing, i'm not saying games should look like shit either but if your going to play console games then don't complain about graphics

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

First off:  -___-

That is to many of the posts in this thread.  The reason is because not all rendering must be performed where pixels are perfect squares.  It is possible to perform rendering where the destined pixel is to be elongated.

Lets first look at the very familiar gluPerspective function used in OpenGL.  https://www.opengl.org/sdk/docs/man2/xhtml/gluPerspective.xml

The C function signature is: void gluPerspective(GLdouble  fovy, GLdouble  aspect, GLdouble  zNear, GLdouble  zFar);

The focal point is the parameter named aspect.  What this allows is a ratio that is to be destined for presentation.  Typically, the ratio that is destined for presentation is usually identical to the same aspect ratio of the display resolution.  With 1920x1080 as an example of a 16:9 ratio, typically we would just specify an aspect ratio of window_width / window_height.

But, you don't have to purposely specify the same aspect ratio the display adapter is using.  In the case of Halo here, a ratio of 1328 / 1080 would be used (albeit in the DirectX equivalent function).  Now, if you display this image, pixel-for-pixel on a 1920x1080 screen, the game will look "distorted", as though the game was squished.  You would also see black-bars on the left and right side of the screen since there are no pixels to fill the screen completely.  Now the part where the game is "upscaled", the thinly distorted buffer is now stretched to 1920 pixels across, which makes the game not distorted anymore.  However, a lot of the resolution has been lost because of that stretching.  Each rendered "pixel" is actually slightly wider for the destined presentation on the monitor because of the stretching required.

Now for the second: -___-

That one is for Microsoft.  People have been gaming at 1080p, 60 FPS since 2007 at minimum.  It wasn't games like Crysis, but other games did well in that time.

Possibly my number one pet peeve. A lot of people bought the PS4 over the XB1 purely because of that small difference in power. When it comes to consoles, just buy the one that offers the most in terms of games (to you) and leave it at that.

They're not high end PCs and they aren't meant to be.

Of course people prefer the more powerful system that costs less, wouldn't you?

now that the xbone is the same price its a tougher call, but the PS4 version of a multiplat on console will near always be the better one, and Sony historically has better exclusives *snip*

Heres an example of the difference between the two. (there are other games like TR Def, but on xbone its locked at 30, same with murdered soul suspect)

It would be more telling if they were using the same vsync function, but PS4 is full vsync unlike xbone

Thats about the same difference you'll find between 980 and 970 or 290x vs 290 10 FPS +/-

Yeah. They can put it on Windows if they want me to buy it. Not going to support a platform that buys up PC franchises like Halo, Tomb Raider, Mine Craft and keeps or delays them off PC...from their own customers.

400 bucks for a x86 PC that can't even run it's own exclusive at 1080p. No thanks. I already have a PC, and I have a PC with their operating system. Why would I support screwing over my own platform. Let the system rot. 

Tomb Raider and Halo aren't PC franchises, the former has always been multiplat, leaning toward PS, and the latter had one game make that two games on PC. Lastly MC? MC isn't being delayed or limited on PC in any way so i think you're calling for the pitchforks a bit early

Does anything run at 1920x1080 60fps on the XB1? Anything?

Lets See: Forza 5, Wolfenstien TNO, D3 Reaper of Souls, OutLast, most sports games.

Not an impressive list when the only one i knew off hand was Forza

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Wooooooooow, that's lame.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Does anything run at 1920x1080 60fps on the XB1? Anything?

Movies?

Uh, take a AMD 7770 and give it some l33t DDR3 VRAM and go wild. See what you can hit 1080p with or 60 FPS with. 

Flash games?

I had a 7770, it can run things at 1080p 60 fps, but not with high details. Or even medium. But can do 1080p 60 fps. Especially Halo 2.