Halo 2 Anniversay Campaign Won't run in 1080p

Puddleuk

seriously? WOW xb1 hardware sucks. So how exactly is halo 5 going to run @1080p 60p?

720x1080 with an option to switch the dimensions

Uh, take a AMD 7770 and give it some l33t DDR3 VRAM and go wild. See what you can hit 1080p with or 60 FPS with. 

Flash games?

My Mums 5770 @ stock @ 1680x1050 in Warthunder with HQ FXAA (Maxed out Bar shadows & AA) is pretty close to perfectly playable @ 55-70fps.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Movies?

I had a 7770, it can run things at 1080p 60 fps, but not with high details. Or even medium. But can do 1080p 60 fps. Especially Halo 2.

That is because it doesn't have DDR3 for VRAM silly.

;)

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

That is because it doesn't have DDR3 for VRAM silly.

;)

Even the DDR3 version does better.

Movies?

I had a 7770, it can run things at 1080p 60 fps, but not with high details. Or even medium. But can do 1080p 60 fps. Especially Halo 2.

don't forget that this is halo 2 remastered. so we'll be seeing high graphical fidelity, etc. it SHOULD be the most demanding title in the master chief collection. I'm not suprised it'll be the only one not running at full 1080p, considering it'll be the only one originally designed for the xbox one. I expect they overshot their hardware limits, and ended up with either needing to sacrifice resolution or framerate. This is actually a good sign, where it's clear that they would rather sacrifice resolution for frames.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

1328x1080 is slightly more narrow (more like a cube) than 4:3.

If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was not 16:9 so it makes some sense that it won't run at that. It kind of sucks and they most likely could have made it 16:9 with some work but I strongly doubt it's for performance reasons.

That is 4:3 1080p minus over scan which is something that was present on CRT TV's and monitors's. Im not surprised. By this at all really due to the age of the game. Also technically that is 1080p look at the height.

Oh also to be noted besides overscan analogue displays actually used a anamorphic resolution so in reality is already slightly smaller than 1440x1080. Just from that resolution alone it seems to me that they are trying to stay as original to it as they reasonably can. The ratio used to convert square pixels to anamorphic ones is call sar and does have ISO standards.

Well to be fair Halo 2 got new textures. The other games did not. They just got a rescale. So the XB1 CAN run a really old game at 1080p 60fps.

Not saying much though. Maybe they can upscale KOTOR to 1080p at 60 FPS and resell that with original textures.

Re do KOTOR? I like this idea, I like this idea a lot.

Re do KOTOR? I like this idea, I like this idea a lot.

Knights of the old republic? Just play on the PC?

Knights of the old republic? Just play on the PC?

I do but it would be awesome if the graphics were redone to today's standards.

I do but it would be awesome if the graphics were redone to today's standards.

didnt basically all star wars games and development get nixed when the ip was sold to disney.

didnt basically all star wars games and development get nixed when the ip was sold to disney.

Speak not of this incident, I still have hope.

Speak not of this incident, I still have hope.

lol

Are you serious!?! 

"Next gen" consoles can't even run 2 generation old games at 1080P 60 FPS from 10 freaking years ago?!?!

Ugh!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

It's running two (old and new) render engines simultaneously on a weak APU ... what did you expect?

Despite that, Halo 2 Anniversary looks fantastic (texture and lighting work is great).

I agree. Who the hell cares what it looks like. Most of us will end up playing it and never even noticing the god damn difference.

On a side note; ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME FOR 60FPS XBONE.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Are you serious!?! 

"Next gen" consoles can't even run 2 generation old games at 1080P 60 FPS from 10 freaking years ago?!?!

Ugh!!!

But, but it is...

I agree. Who the hell cares what it looks like. Most of us will end up playing it and never even noticing the god damn difference.

On a side note; ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME FOR 60FPS XBONE.

Its FPS if halo didnt have it there would be a uprising!

seriously? WOW xb1 hardware sucks. So how exactly is halo 5 going to run @1080p 60p?

Simple answer, it won't lol

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Simple answer, it won't lol

Its still possible.

1328x1080 is slightly more narrow (more like a cube) than 4:3.

If I remember correctly, Halo 2 was not 16:9 so it makes some sense that it won't run at that. It kind of sucks and they most likely could have made it 16:9 with some work but I strongly doubt it's for performance reasons.

Halo 2 was later released on PC in 2007, and it allows 16.9 resolutions. I know it's slightly different and all, but there really isn't any reason the game can't run in full 1920x1080p just because the older one doesn't. If I remember right (cause I haven't played them since before the Halo 4 release) Halo 1 and 2 at least on the 360 both fill the screen.

So clearly it's to keep the FPS up, but this has me wondering if it's only for the campaign on the redesigned view or if this is going to impact the multiplayer any. I think it would be pretty weird, especially if the other engines run at full 1080p to have Halo 2 maps switch to a different resolution.

And if they're stretching it to fit the screen... i'm going to be massively upset. I can't even stand stetching images to fit my screen for wallpaper by even a few pixels. I really don't wanna play a game like that. x.x

Halo 2 was later released on PC in 2007, and it allows 16.9 resolutions. I know it's slightly different and all, but there really isn't any reason the game can't run in full 1920x1080p just because the older one doesn't. If I remember right (cause I haven't played them since before the Halo 4 release) Halo 1 and 2 at least on the 360 both fill the screen.

So clearly it's to keep the FPS up, but this has me wondering if it's only for the campaign on the redesigned view or if this is going to impact the multiplayer any. I think it would be pretty weird, especially if the other engines run at full 1080p to have Halo 2 maps switch to a different resolution.

And if they're stretching it to fit the screen... i'm going to be massively upset. I can't even stand stetching images to fit my screen for wallpaper by even a few pixels. I really don't wanna play a game like that. x.x

Except those are all ports, sometime pretty heft ones and are are not the original games themselves. Halo 2 was a Xbox not even X360 game as was primarily played on fullscreen 4:3 CRT TV's. It did support widescreen but not well. When played on 360 it used scaling it I recalled and even gave you the option to split vertically which many of my friends and I rather liked. there was also likely less scaling involved then and they just rendered less screen. They do this in Mario kart 8 and its quite nice for 2 player as after the update is also just puts a bigger map in the middle.

Please read the stuff that I have talked about a bit prior in teh trehad and it should explain more as to some very likly reasoning.

also id be surpsied if its the only one witha wonky resolutio but it could be the case because of how the first halo game started out they might have far more to work with. Also I believe they already did a anniversary for it if I recall, though I didnt get it.

Nah, EA has rights to the games. Battlefront is coming. Open world Star Wars game is coming. Also EA owns Bioware so we could see a redo of KOTOR. If any game should really get a remake I would probably choose that one. Update the combat a bit. The story is perfect. The voice acting is perfect. Don't let Mac Walters anywhere near the thing.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Easy answer: It won't.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

HaloCE campaign: 1080p/60

HaloCEA campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 2 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 2A campaign: 1328x1080/60

Halo 3 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo 4 campaign: 1080p/60

Halo CE Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 2 Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 2A Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 3 Multi: 1080p/60

Halo 4 Multi: 1080p/60

So it can't do ONE game, a game that is running two engines (both in graphics and sound) at once, at 1080p/60fps. And this is cause for alarm? 

Jesus, you know things are sad when NEOGAF is more reasonable than LTT on this "issue". I say "issue", because it isn't really. I'm sure this stays as a game to buy for many people, regardless of this "tragic" news. 

Does anyone have a link that explains this "dual rendering engines" thing I keep seeing?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)