Halo 2 Anniversay Campaign Won't run in 1080p

Puddleuk

Granted I haven't looked, but has no one done tests to see what these games look like on large format 4k TV's? I have to imagine it looks like doo-doo, right?

What are you plugging something that 1080p into a 4k display?

Its halo 2. The idea is that at any point in the game you can switch between the original version and the remaster, so it needs to run at a 4:3 res.

Its halo 2. The idea is that at any point in the game you can switch between the original version and the remaster, so it needs to run at a 4:3 res.

No, they don't "need" to. It's not even 4:3... This is not the native res that the original game ran on. Not to mention the PC port from what, 6+ years ago supported widescreen resolutions?

Furthermore, the idea that they need to have this hot switching feature between engines is silly. They should put an option in the menu that allows users to disable the original game engine and unlock FHD 1080p at 60 fps.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

No, they don't "need" to. It's not even 4:3... This is not the native res that the original game ran on. Not to mention the PC port from what, 6+ years ago supported widescreen resolutions?

Furthermore, the idea that they need to have this hot switching feature between engines is silly. They should put an option in the menu that allows users to disable the original game engine and unlock FHD 1080p at 60 fps.

First, the image on the screen isn't that resolution. that's the resolution of the pipeline. It probably *helps* with the switching, and the old game is going to be running at 108060 as well as the Remaster.

Second, it's one engine, both versions are running in it, and the hot switching feature is the coolest one in this game. The option to disable it and run at full res remastered is in the pause menu, which is infinitely superior to the main menu.

First, the image on the screen isn't that resolution. that's the resolution of the pipeline. It probably *helps* with the switching, and the old game is going to be running at 108060 as well as the Remaster.

Second, it's one engine, both versions are running in it, and the hot switching feature is the coolest one in this game. The option to disable it and run at full res remastered is in the pause menu, which is infinitely superior to the main menu.

Do you have a source for this? According to the article linked here, it runs at 1328x1080 at 60 fps and makes no mention at all about the ability to disable the dual engines.

YOU may think it is the coolest feature in the game. However, that is simply your personal opinion, and not some hard "fact". Many people no doubt do not care about that feature at all (myself included).

And regardless of whether the image "on screen" is FHD 1080p or not doesn't matter. It's rendered at 1328x1080, most likely using anamorphic stretched (rectangle) pixels. This WILL impact the visual quality to some degree or another. Maybe it won't be that big of a difference. Maybe lots of people won't care. But I personally see this as them being lazy or being rushed.

If they implement an option to disable the switching, and enable FHD 1080p at 60 fps, then I will have no complaints.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Do you have a source for this? According to the article linked here, it runs at 1328x1080 at 60 fps and makes no mention at all about the ability to disable the dual engines.

YOU may think it is the coolest feature in the game. However, that is simply your personal opinion, and not some hard "fact". Many people no doubt do not care about that feature at all (myself included).

And regardless of whether the image "on screen" is FHD 1080p or not doesn't matter. It's rendered at 1328x1080, most likely using anamorphic stretched (rectangle) pixels. This WILL impact the visual quality to some degree or another. Maybe it won't be that big of a difference. Maybe lots of people won't care. But I personally see this as them being lazy or being rushed.

If they implement an option to disable the switching, and enable FHD 1080p at 60 fps, then I will have no complaints.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/halo_the_master_chief_collection/news/halo_2_anniversarys_campaign_wont_run_at_full_1080p_343_confirms.html

Why would you want to disable them? The only people I can imagine that wouldn't find this cool are the two people on the planet that like graphics settings being in launchers before loading up the games.

>Lazy or rushed

Yes because porting 4 games and making a new one simultaneously is just the easiest thing to do. The fact that 2 is the only one that doesn't have the feature is purely because of the dual engines, and it probably won't have any meaningful hit on clarity.

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/halo_the_master_chief_collection/news/halo_2_anniversarys_campaign_wont_run_at_full_1080p_343_confirms.html

Why would you want to disable them? The only people I can imagine that wouldn't find this cool are the two people on the planet that like graphics settings being in launchers before loading up the games.

>Lazy or rushed

Yes because porting 4 games and making a new one simultaneously is just the easiest thing to do. The fact that 2 is the only one that doesn't have the feature is purely because of the dual engines, and it probably won't have any meaningful hit on clarity.

Your link makes literally zero mention of an ability to disable the engine switching system to enable full FHD 1080p resolution.

Also, please keep your condescending remarks to yourself. They are not wanted here and are in violation of the forum CoC.

You're only speculating at it making no meaningful difference on clarity. We have literally no way of knowing until a full and unbiased preview is published (Since Watchdogs taught us that we can't trust pre-release info).

They chose to port all 4 games + make Halo 5 at the same time. This is not my problem. If they weren't up to the task, they should have released Halo 5 first, or given themselves more time for the entire project.

I for one don't care about the switching feature at all. And no, I don't like graphics options to be in a launcher rather then in-game. Your idea that anyone who wants to disable the engine switching would be like that is completely insane and makes no sense. Quite the opposite in fact. People who appreciate high graphical fidelity, and want to squeeze the most out of their games will want to disable the engine switching. Coincidentally, these same people are the ones who prefer in-game graphics menu's to be absolutely PACKED with graphics options, so we can crank everything up, or fine-tune the game to run butter smooth per our personal preference.

Why would anyone NOT want an option to disable the engine switching and enable native FHD 1080p resolution?

LOL

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Who cares, it's a shit game, just like all games in the series.

Iy58SMk.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Your link makes literally zero mention of an ability to disable the engine switching system to enable full FHD 1080p resolution.

Also, please keep your condescending remarks to yourself. They are not wanted here and are in violation of the forum CoC.

You're only speculating at it making no meaningful difference on clarity. We have literally no way of knowing until a full and unbiased preview is published (Since Watchdogs taught us that we can't trust pre-release info).

They chose to port all 4 games + make Halo 5 at the same time. This is not my problem. If they weren't up to the task, they should have released Halo 5 first, or given themselves more time for the entire project.

I for one don't care about the switching feature at all. And no, I don't like graphics options to be in a launcher rather then in-game. Your idea that anyone who wants to disable the engine switching would be like that is completely insane and makes no sense. Quite the opposite in fact. People who appreciate high graphical fidelity, and want to squeeze the most out of their games will want to disable the engine switching. Coincidentally, these same people are the ones who prefer in-game graphics menu's to be absolutely PACKED with graphics options, so we can crank everything up, or fine-tune the game to run butter smooth per our personal preference.

Why would anyone NOT want an option to disable the engine switching and enable native FHD 1080p resolution?

I think at some point 343i said that the switching feature was a fan favorite feature in Halo: CEA so they kept and improved it (instant switch).

I couldn't care less for the feature too but it's their decision, not mine.

144Hz goodness

I think at some point 343i said that the switching feature was a fan favorite feature in Halo: CEA so they kept and improved it (instant switch).

I couldn't care less for the feature too but it's their decision, not mine.

Certainly, you're 100% correct - it is their decision. But as a consumer, and their customer, it's my choice to voice my disapproval with the limitations of their choice.

In fact, any gamer who wants the ability to disable the switching should be voicing their concerns, not just saying "Oh well, their choice".

Let's be honest about this game (And the whole collection): It will sell like wildfire. People will gobble this collection up as if video games are about to go extinct. Microsoft and 343 Industries have more than enough money to make sure the game gets done properly and fully. It was their choice to "sacrifice" FHD 1080p for the instant switching and the sub-FHD 1080p resolution they are using. Some people don't care, certainly, such as @Rassilon and that is fine. But his dismissal of anyone who disagrees with him is arrogant and ignorant. You don't see me calling those who like the switching feature an "idiot" or anything else negative.