Have you ever been hurt by a computer component before?

Toasted Waffles

my heatsink cut me up. and my macbook charger electrocuted me. and burnt me.

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Many, many times.

The worst are through-hole components with badly trimmed leads.

And I stuck my finger in a fan by accident and the blade removed my fingernail about half way. It was a fast fan. It burrowed under the nail.

Try that with a papst 10000rpm fan and say bye bye to your finger lol.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

at my old pc i got angry one time cause it was always freezing (this was like 10years ago) ,and i was so angry that i hit the case as hard as i could and the case won this fight too :P

sure it got a bump on it but my hand hurt like 2 days after it xD

and btw im still using that case,interior aint the same xD

it aint pretty but its tough and i plan to change it too :P

Dont know how but when I got my evo for my old build it sliced my fingers when I picked it up to mount it.

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

While working with a printer, I accidentally touched the fuser it was so hot that it burned that incident in my memory.

This is why i avoid the laser printers at work. 

MSI I/O plates hurt

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

The fins on Noctua coolers are near razor sharp. I may have been nipped once or twice.

Well we had an old case and the side of the case was held together by a screw and some bending steel. Trying to bend the steel made a cut in my finger and then I had to clean the floor D:

Offtopic:

Actually picking up one of thoes next week, are they nice controllers?

yes they are just dont touch the pins while its on

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

too many times i've cut my fingers on pins and solder points on motherboards

Also fans. bitfenix spectre are the worst and slice through flesh at high rpms.

proud owner of alienware 13 with graphic amplifier and also a alienware X51 gaming PC!!! really powerfulL!!

xoxo samantha <3

No POST scenarios , Hurts me all the time!! :(

on a serious note, none except one time this slight static like shock from PSU & case due to faulty wiring on the building

Details separate people.

I had to catch a motherboard, and the sharp solder on the back didn't do my hand any good. I've also touched a netburst running with no heatsink (wanted to see if CPU was running as it wasn't posting). I've also touched a 990FX chipset and 680i SLI chipset while they're running.

This is why i avoid the laser printers at work. 

I didn't know as it was my first experience with them, and i wouldn't say no to knowledge, but man I regret touching that fuser.

my heatsink cut me up. and my macbook charger electrocuted me. and burnt me.

Is that why your title is "Ex-apple fanboy"? :P

I've caught my finger on my laptop cooling pad fans a couple of times but they're usb-powered so they don't hurt - I end up worrying more about the fans than my fingers :P

Other than that I haven't really been hurt by computers before (except the emotional rollercoaster that it is to game on an hp laptop), but this thread is kinda scaring me about my upcoming pc build :P

The computer gods demand blood sacrifice!

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

the other day i dropped my graphics card on my foot, hurt like fuckin hell... the metal pci holder thing fell directly on my bone.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Pretty much shredded the skin on the back of my hand on the RAM pins on the back of my mobo friking hurt

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

I've worked in some old PCs before rolling the corners of the steel was a thing. Aside from blood loss and a few shocks from 12v DC when I was probably doing something I shouldn't have been, I'm still kicking around. :)

Really, no one has mentioned it? Freakin PCIe brackets! Every goddamn time I go near then I get cuts on my hands, especially in older cases.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

The sharp edges of my first build actually made me shed some blood. Ahhh, the dorns of roses... (That case was €90, what a POS, lol.)

Smart old me thought a smart idea would to be to open up an old 7.2k rpm drive and touch it with my pointer finger, I'm sure you can guess what happen next. For those who don't know; My finger got caught on the arm of the drive as it was spinning and I got a mini rug burn type of issue, hurt for awhile I was bleeding for a bit but I was fine after about 2 min of "Holy shit what the fuck just happened".

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

I'm just wondering, has anyone been hurt before by a computer component?

I smacked my face into my 900D Front Bezel ON ACCIDENT and my face lost the battle :C (Face + Steel = Steel wins)

I've tore my arm open modding a friends case for him, wish I had a picture of the look on his face hahaha :P 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database