Have you ever been hurt by a computer component before?

Toasted Waffles

Im surprised. Im not a fan of all the cutting going on around here.

It had too be done.

Steve

I touched the heatsink on my old GT520 before after it got up to 110C...

I did the same thing with my old 480 ... yeah thats hot

Its all about those volumetric clouds

An old GTX 295 I was pulling out of an old mobo - I pulled too hard and physics responded by having it slam in to my face.  Wasn't the smartest of days.  Wasn't the worst, either.

I once got my penis caught in a corsair fan going full speed.

Seriously though, I have hit my fingers in fans heaps of times and most of the time I end up with cuts on them. I have also cut my self on a cheap metal case and I burnt myself touching a 480 heatsink while it was on full load at 90c+... good times, good times :)

Bet no one has ever got a shirt button caught in the intel stock heatsink and then proceed to have the button come off, fly out the heatsink and into their eye........ Don't try this at home.... 10/10

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

I did the same thing with my old 480 ... yeah thats hot

I held my finger for a second or two.. "oh, this isn't so bad" ... "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

You know what stepping on lego is like?

That, with a front cover with hooks on it to click into the case. :mellow:

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I held my finger for a second or two.. "oh, this isn't so bad" ... "aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I was trying to route a cable and it was like ouch, try again .... ouch *repeat*

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I was trying to route a cable and it was like ouch, try again .... ouch *repeat*

Dedication! :lol:

compression fittings will murder your fingers after awhile.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I got very lightly burned on my HD5750 cooler (I touched it immidiately after a 3DMark run)... Silly me.

Other than that - No.

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I constantly forget when I have my pc on to watch for the fans. Sliced my finger open numerous times changing something inside the case while it was on.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Not really. I'm always really careful when I am working inside a PC. I work around the knowledge that I am unbelievably unlucky when it comes to hurting myself, so I tend to be the most careful when it is a computer at stake.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

Well we had an old case and the side of the case was held together by a screw and some bending steel. Trying to bend the steel made a cut in my finger and then I had to clean the floor D:

Offtopic:

I was rearranging the leds in my case while it was on (not a good idea btw)

it was an nzxt hue so i unplugged it from the power and controller let it fall and it hit the metal heatsink of my gpu and i heard a zzzzt sound so grabbed it and then my hand/arm hurt and went numb for a minute or two it wasnt too bad and no parts died, but i now respect that led/controller 

Actually picking up one of thoes next week, are they nice controllers?

not really hardware components but i have had some pretty intense battles with fans and heatsinks, obviously resulting in me bleeding all over the place..

human 0      aluminum fins and sharp plastic 50

Moved my pc after unscrewing side panel thumbscrews but leaving the side panel in place. It fell of and landed on my foot nearly making me drop the pc.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

I cut up my hand on heatsink fins...

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Moved my pc after unscrewing side panel thumbscrews but leaving the side panel in place. It fell of and landed on my foot nearly making me drop the pc.

Haha I can totally imagine that.... hilarious! But painful, feel for ya.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

once had a problem with removing a cable, and applying more force resulted in it letting loose and i cut myself on the motherboard on som sharp stuff

This Post Was Brought To You By Internet Explorer

cut my thumb open on mobo heat-sync near the CPU power... TWICE

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

One day, I was doing a simple rebuild of my gaming rig, and I was taking the graphics card out to clean it and clean everything else, but then it somehow cut my finger pretty deep. I was on a Hangouts call with some friends and they saw I was bleeding before I did, and I ended up going to patch myself up while dripping blood all over.

~

Look forward towards the future, the past is now behind you.