Have you ever been hurt by a computer component before?

Toasted Waffles

There once was this card.

Her name was 660 Ti.

She had grown old and was getting slow.

She sometimes crashed and struggled to be at her best.

I decided that I had to put her down.

So yeah, I guess I have been hurt by computer components.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

I am sure everyone here has at least once been bitten by a fan :P

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

I am sure everyone here has at least once been bitten by a fan :P

No but...

qSPOu1u.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

About 2 months ago I though my pc was overheating so I tried to feel the temperature inside the case and hit the end of my finger on the amx fx 6300 cooler. Still have a bruise under my nail.

Cut my knuckles on the metal fan blades of my XFX 7870 gpu, didn't hurt, barely bled but it's the only thing I can think off.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I installed some really old Memory once and the PCB on the RAM was so sharp that when it snapped into place it sliced my finger open. Now it has the taste for BLOOD! AHAHAHAHAHA!...... lol

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Once my PSU told me I'm weak, CPU that I'm slow and GPU that I don't have the looks.... feels like yesterday.

I was trying to reach the fan connector from my installed 212 evo and I cut my fingers on the fins. No biggie. Not much room between the cooler and the side of the case. 

Once I stubbed my toe on my computer when I was going to sit down.  It cut off the first layer of skin on my toe, tore my nail apart.  

Also, once I was holding an old stock heatsink and I dropped it on my foot, it happened to slice my foot.  

Sliced my skin off my finger on CPU heat sink fins while trying to screw them in. One slip of the screwdriver and the side of your hand is sliced and diced, 212 Evo, im looking at you.

Seriously, the edges of those fins are really sharp!

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Stubbed my toe on one of the cases sitting on the floor.

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

I sliced my finger trying to bend back a PCI bracket on my gtx 770, and also cut my finger's trying to put on a stock cooler.

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Me and my cousin were building his new system and the dumbass drop his case on my foot and broke 3 of my toes

Yes. By my PSU. Her name was Antec, we had a 3 year relationship, we were very happy and had 2 wonderfull GTX 660 together, they were twins. 

I taught everything was going well in our relationship but apparently she was very unhappy. She didn't say anything for a while, she held her anger in. But then, one day, she got really mad, so mad that she started smoking and sparking. She was so angry she almost caught fire. When I started to smell burning plastic I knew it was over. The last thing she said to me was "BZZZZT". 

I've recently met a new PSU, we really like eachother and she's great with the twins. Our future is looking good. But I'l never forget the first PSU that hurt me.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Some of the posts on here are great.

My story is that I took an old pc out of a cupboard, I put it down and opened it to find a spiders Web Inside it, the the spider crawled out and toward your foot and I kicked the spider and the case stubbed my toes on the case.

dat heat spreader on hyper x beast memory is pretty sharp.

sc_b00a77202c-01prdlifestyle.jpg

vigorously aggressive,... to your fingers.

old system dead ... new one soon

There is a reason people talk about how nice cases with rolled edges are. Worst part is when you put a big slice in your hand that doesn't really hurt at first but then you wonder "why is there all this liquid on my desk" and realize you have a big cut bleeding everywhere. I have multiple scars on my hands from working on cheap computer cases.

Same with PCB that have pointy solder points. However, the way I see it, I can heal... my computers can't. So it's better if it cuts me than if I cut it. It's usually my fault anyway.

There is a reason people talk about how nice cases with rolled edges are. Worst part is when you put a big slice in your hand that doesn't really hurt at first but then you wonder "why is there all this liquid on my desk" and realize you have a big cut bleeding everywhere. I have multiple scars on my hands from working on cheap computer cases.

Same with PCB that have pointy solder points. However, the way I see it, I can heal... my computers can't. So it's better if it cuts me than if I cut it. It's usually my fault anyway.

The words of a true zealot of the digital age! Ready and willing to sacrifice his body and well being in homage to the Silicon God. We bear our scars with pride and honour!

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I never cut myself on any component. I did ALMOST get cut by an old case (sharp edges).

And, I hit myself while pulling out a PCI card with too much force (it was jammed in there).

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

I took apart an on power supply for some reason that i can't remember and touched the two different heatsinks and gave myself a pretty hefty shock.

Then i did it again a day or two later. ;)

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I took apart an on power supply for some reason that i can't remember and touched the two different heatsinks and gave myself a pretty hefty shock.

Then i did it again a day or two later. ;)

homealone2electrocuted.gif

Because he had a hard drive.