Fappening Celebrities Threaten To Sue Google

UselessBread

While this is common sense, it still isn't a cause to put blame on the victims. Don't pull that bullshit. Yes, if they wanted to be ultra safe then it shouldn't have happened, however if a big company like Apple provides what they advertise as an easy, safe, and secure place to store your data you'd think it would be. I'm surprised they're going after google when Apple was the one with the shit security that let people try an infinite amount of passwords without locking out IPs.

not all of them were from iCloud, that was a major issue with the media generalizing it as iCloud when some of the celebs came out and said they don't have iPhones or any Apple devices.

There could be something in Apple's terms of service that prevented them from suing Apple, or Apple went out of the way and paid the ones that used Apple devices to be quiet. We don't know for sure

Can i get compensation for my nude leaks. Um i mean a mates... 

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Don't you lot know...

GOOGLE OWNS THE INTERNET

Every time anyone EVER (besides you who already knew) wants to know something...

You Google It.

The presumptions by all non-technical folk.......being, google 'seems' TIED into everything hence should have the power to take control back..

lol... Welcome to the Internet, where everything you give an internet connection to is no longer your intellectual property.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Don't you lot know...

GOOGLE OWNS THE INTERNET

Every time anyone EVER (besides you who already knew) wants to know something...

You Google It.

The presumptions by all non-technical folk.......being, google 'seems' TIED into everything hence should have the power to take control back..

lol... Welcome to the Internet, where everything you give an internet connection to is no longer your intellectual property.

yup and just the stupidity that is celebrities in generall

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

they just are butthurt, and want someone to compensate. if anyone should have been sued, its apple. or the people that hacked them

Yeah, if anybody should be sued it should be the people who leaked the pics to begin with. If they can be found.

I love how everybody is blaming everybody, just not the scumbags who made the pics public.

And Beyonce wanted this picture removed from the internet.

rXrY6iI.jpg

No doubt, she looks like a MAN, with nets & boobs.

Butterface, just as ugly.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

*reads title* are they high? *reads post* yup they are high, I hope they get rekt for such stupid lawsuit

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

They're gonna fail in suing google, but even more so - say they actually succeeded and google just removed the search item from their engine.  There's still Bing, Yahoo, and all manner of other search engines.  Hollywood really isn't understanding what the internet is.  The simplest explanation of the internet in their minds is; they don't know how it works and that's frightening because they can't buy it or control it because it's collectively everyones and not solely their's. "We don't know what it is or what it wants, but we either appease it or try and burn it."  

lol have fun with that once its one the internet its never gone someone somewhere has it and will upload it again

celeb: my pics are on google

lawyer: google us money

google: we dont have them they do we just showed you where they are ITS OUR JOB take it from the people who have them

everyone else: stupid people damn

its GE (pause) TechNicks

my rig plus everything i have bought for it http://pcpartpicker.com/p/30sNV

i'm going to sue the government for not removing the road some dude used to drive his car down and crash into mine!

oh wait, that sounds silly.

that is a great analogy

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Nothing is removable off the internet.

A search engine censoring a result doesn't magically make the result go away or other search engines from listing.

This is frivolous as fuck.

Never keep sensitive information in cloud storage, use local only if you wish for something to stay secret.

Your famous tits vs reg tits means jack all. 

Every time I here about people trying this hard to get embarrassing stuff off the internet I put my face through my desk. I only have 2 more desks left, you guys have to stop this I'm running out of desks.

once its on the internet, there is literally no way to remove it unless you go to every single server on the planet and physically destroy the disks.

LOL celebrities make me laugh.

You aren't special just because you're pretty and have money. Once something of yours is on the internet, it will be there, FOREVER.

Get over yourselves.

Every time I here about people trying this hard to get embarrassing stuff off the internet I put my face through my desk. I only have 2 more desks left, you guys have to stop this I'm running out of desks.

I started using cardboard boxes.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Hollywood has some bright people, it's no surprise how the nudes were leaked...It's like keeping your front door open while nobody is at home for the whole day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

While this is common sense, it still isn't a cause to put blame on the victims. Don't pull that bullshit. Yes, if they wanted to be ultra safe then it shouldn't have happened, however if a big company like Apple provides what they advertise as an easy, safe, and secure place to store your data you'd think it would be. I'm surprised they're going after google when Apple was the one with the shit security that let people try an infinite amount of passwords without locking out IPs.

Now you're victim blaming Apple. :rolleyes: Apple never asked to have their systems/services attacked. This is the fault of the attackers, not Apple.

Also, straight from the iCloud EULA:

APPLE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, AND APPLE DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO. http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/icloud/en/terms.html

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit