Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

If you got the guest additions installed just go to View -> Auto resize guest display from there whenever you resize the window or go to fullscreen the guest resolution will change to accommodate the window size.

Thx will look into this.

EDIT: Getting the following error when I try installing the guest additions.

m7P5SGA.png

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

Soo heummm, this pop-uped:

LOL! :D

Happens for google chrome as wwell :)

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Hi guys, there are a few topics about Windows 10, but here I want to make one just for people (like me) who test the system.

Windows Insider Program

https://insider.windows.com/

I'm just beginning my testing, I'm running it on Oracle Virtualbox, if you're curious what my settings are, here you go:

Edit: Default Windows 8.1 settings should work, if not, here you've got mine:

Microsoft Windows, Other (32bit)

All cores, 100% (shouldn't affect much, work speed is quite high)

TURN ON PAE (otherwise the system won't start)

128MB GPU, 3D Acceleration

I needed to shut down the virtual machine a few times because of a black screen, don't worry if you get one.

After you install everything, your network and audio might not work. I managed to fix my issues with those settings:

REXJrro.png

y6zvPs5.png

The great list of easter eggs and bugs:

Charm bar search still exists.

You can "summon" it by Win + C

There are two task managers

beWgwJB.png

What's new?

A little bit different structure of C:\

C:\ is now better organized, it's more minimalistic. That's how it works:

C:\

-PerfLogs

-Program Files

-Users

--Name

--Public

-Windows

I think it's really cool that Microsoft is giving windows 7 and 8 users a free upgrade to ten if they download it within the first year of release. I haven't ever heard of Microsoft doing something like that before. I'm frankly looking forward to it. Considering 8 was pretty much made for Surface laptops. xD

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

A fair warning to anyone with tablets or laptop and got the latest (10061) build installed.

It completely drained the battery on my tablet, even though it was shut down and was around 90% when I closed it the day before.(literally 21 hours ago)

Then I try to open it to read a little before sleeping.. nothing... Seriously thought it had died on me, was about to weep. Plugged the charger.. it came back to life! 5% battery life.... What the hell microsoft. Looking at the feedbacks, there's at least a few other people who had this issue so I know it's not just my tablet dying out...

(I have a "fresh" install, meaning I restored Windows to it's default settings and deleted everything when this build came out, can't have old discontinued stuff in there if I'm to test it)

Edit: A Full Shutdown seems to prevent the battery drain a little, went from 9% to 7% in 8 hours, better than 90% in a day... ( cmd > shutdown /s /t 0 )

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

broken picture. I still didn't upgrade to it.

I guess we will find out the 29th. Maybe left over from MS internal builds (i am thinking that they have extra options).

Wait for tomorrow to be sure.

Leaked images don't usually receive updates later, but as it leaked from Windows Update servers, I think that it should not be a problem.

It's safer to wait for tomorrow, as GoodBytes said o/

OK guys will do & thank you!!!

Build 10102 leaked... but it is older than 10074 base on compilation, despite what the build number says.

Source: http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10102-zh-cn-has-leaked-web

Apparently it has nothing new, in it. Must be back end stuff. My guess is that Windows is at this bug number, but is compiling with older builds existent fixes to bugs, as the build is tested and prepare for release. Confusing... but that is my guess, onto why is that. Or someone accidentally build the older build, resulting in a newer compilation date but older build number.

We will know in a couple of hours

I got a BSOD in 10074 when connected the laptop to the charger, something bizarre happened and the Windows kernel power service crashed. =/

That is always good. A little big of crash here and there is good for lappy. Makes it go stronger.

In all seriousness, darn :/ I wanted to install it on my Surface Pro 2....

Did you upgrade or do a clean install?

Question for you all?

When Windows 10 was first release for testing I downloaded the ISO and been using it since the release and has been running great for me so far,I also have done the updates through Windows 10,now do I have to re download the updated version of this ISO and re install it or should I just stay with what I have and just do the normal Windows updates through Windows?

You can do the way you prefer. With Windows Update you keep your programs, settings and files, while with the new ISO you're going to loose programs and settings that aren't synchronized by OneDrive.

Thank You,

I think maybe I just keep what I have for now,but then again I am not to worry about loosing any programs I have installed as I only have a few installed right now so I could always do another fresh install of the updated version of Windows 10..

Just wanted to post and let you guys know that this past week MS pushed a Synaptics touchpad driver which may be buggy; It was pushed out on 22 April.

There isn't a KB article published for the driver update.

Just wanted to let you guys know if you are experiencing strange behavior with your touchpad. You may have to go into the touchpad settings and revert to whatever setting you had before (eg: disabling pinch zoom for me).

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Nvidia released Windows 10 beta drivers. Get them on Nvidia website, see if that helps. I just finished installing build 10074. It took 3min (yes, only 3!) via USB 3.0! Amazing! Make that 4min if you include the first startup "getting things ready".

Does the App Store works for you? It loads fine at first, but say you want to install Music Preview app, it can't find any results from search and instead shows an error that the "Server Stumbled". Says: Error code 1 (at the bottom of the app)

Nvidia released Windows 10 beta drivers. Get them on Nvidia website, see if that helps. I just finished installing build 10074. It took 3min (yes, only 3!) via USB 3.0! Amazing! Make that 4min if you include the first startup "getting things ready".

Does the App Store works for you? It loads fine at first, but say you want to install Music Preview app, it can't find any results from search and instead shows an error that the "Server Stumbled". Says: Error code 1 (at the bottom of the app)

Thank you for the info about Nvidia releasing Windows 10 beta drivers!!!

So for Aero glass effect on the Start menu. Not all 10074 users have it. Microsoft did a 50/50 split between transparency and glass effect.

So if it is missing, be sure to post feedback on 10074.

I think Microsoft wants to know if people really want it, or simply the transparency.

I think it will come to the title bar eventually. Maybe not 10.0, but if people demand it, probably 10.1 which should be a far more polished Windows 10.1

To enable Aero on the start menu and task bar, if you are like me, one of the unlucky ones (50% of Win10 Build 10074 have it enabled, and the other half doesn't):

Simply open regedit, and navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\themes\personalize

And change the value: EnableBlurBehind from 0 to 1.

Please send feedback that you want enabled, if you want it, as this is what Microsoft want to see.