Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

I only have the Java 64 bit problem I don't understand how to fix

It's bug in Chrome at the moment, like I said earlier, it is a known issue. I even posted a screenshot demonstrating the bug.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Something new I noticed. Now when you enabled Hyper-V, the Task Manager no longer shows the CPU clock stuck at its max frequency.

More discoveries!

I had XBox Music app playing, and I started Windows Media Player 12. When I changed the volume, I noticed this:

win10sound.png

Not only a desktop application can now use the volume/currently playing panel, but also you can switch between them with the arrow button circled on top.

win10sound2.png

Has anyone else had your computer crash then when it restarts the rear USBs stop working? It happened within hours of updating to 10041.  

My PC:

Case: NZXT Phantom 420 | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI | PSU: Corsair TX650M | CPU: Intel 3570k | CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 with Corsair SP120s in push pull | GPU: AMD 7970 GV-R797OC-3GD | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB | SSD: Samsung 830 256GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Since this last build, I am using it as main OS (I do frequent backups). And I have not experienced anything like this.

Unexpected need to re-install Windows is something to be expected under Beta version of an OS. That is the risk.

What I would try and do is take your system back in time. with Windows System Restore. Your personal files should not be affected, but BACKUP! Assume everything is buggy, in a beta OS.

A few questions for people

1) is this usable as a daily yet?
2) anyone having issues getting into nvidia control panal? I had them alot when I ran it
3) any issues enabling SLI? A mysterious MS Store app would always prevent me from enabling my second card. The thing just couldn't be shut down without a work around
4) any issues getting multi-display setups working?
5) when running multiple desktops, can you run a different desktop on a second monitor? If so is it more seamless to switch to it then alt tabing out of a game normally is?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I prefer using an old laptop laying around to try Windows 10. For everyone who wants to unleash the full beta awesomeness of this OS and dont have 5,000,000 extra computers (ahh, exaggeration) can to a... dual-boot! Or even better! Take out your current hard drive out of your computer and get a new empty one (preferably Samsung ssd, just because wrestling with Windows setup and "No god dang drivers found" is just a pain the fricking butt.)

HAHAHAHAH

-Svoboman!

Windows 10 build 10049 available for Fast Ring users. We can try Spartan now :D

http://techcrunch.com/2015/03/30/microsoft-releases-its-new-browser-project-spartan-in-fresh-windows-10-build/

The one day I don't check for updates. lol

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Keep in mind that Spartan in buggy, and really far far far from complete.

From what I can see they have the engine working but not complete at 100%, and the GUI with the demoed features, but really not even close to 80% complete.

Multiple tabs crashes. No add-on support (there is a hint of this in the settings, so it is most likely coming). Cortana doesn't seam to be working if you outside of the US despite the desktop one working.

Keep in mind that Spartan in buggy, and really far far far from complete.From what I can see they have the engine working but not complete at 100%, and the GUI with the demoed features, but really not even close to 80% complete.Multiple tabs crashes. No add-on support (there is a hint of this in the settings, so it is most likely coming). Cortana doesn't seam to be working if you outside of the US despite the desktop one working.

Thanks GoodBytes, I mean, alpenwasser, I mean, Whiskers, I mean, airdeano, I mean.....who are you? You're making me very confused with your frequently changing avatar. :P JK

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Keep in mind that Spartan in buggy, and really far far far from complete.

From what I can see they have the engine working but not complete at 100%, and the GUI with the demoed features, but really not even close to 80% complete.

Multiple tabs crashes. No add-on support (there is a hint of this in the settings, so it is most likely coming). Cortana doesn't seam to be working if you outside of the US despite the desktop one working.

It's not just spartan that's buggy - there's a pretty serious log in issue with windows 10 with me; the screen keeps flickering, rendering me unable to use my pc.

Fractal Design R2 Define, Core i5-4670k@3.40Ghz, 16gb Corsair Vengeance Ram

Zotac GTX 780 OC, BenQ XL2410T 1920x1080 120hz, LG 29EA73-P 29 Ultra wide

Crucial M4 250gb SSD, 2x3tb Western Digital Caviar Black partitioned into 1.36tb each, Razer Black Widow 2013 edition, Razer Deathadder, Logitech G13. 

Sigh having audio issues with new windows 10 update, keeps refusing to install realtek drivers -_-

Did you try extracting the drivers (meaning you download the .zip version), and you install it via device manager?

OMG!!!! After all these years! The Registry Editor was updated in Windows 10!

regedit.png

Maybe in another 15, they'll update the icon.

Sigh having audio issues with new windows 10 update, keeps refusing to install realtek drivers -_-

Download the drivers from the Realtek website (the .ZIP version) and proceed to install the drivers via device manager. Then actually run the auto-installer provided by Realtek. Reboot and Windows Update won't bother you anymore.

Note: You'll have to use the Windows 8.1 drivers.

OMG!!!! After all these years! The Registry Editor was updated in Windows 10!

-snip-

Maybe in another 15, they'll update the icon.

Nice subtle improvement. As for the icon, its been untouched since Windows 1.x - 3.x.

win31regedit.png

The icon was different on and Windows NT Workstation:

xwr_v02.gif

In all seriousness, you're probably right about the icon being updated 15 years from now, if ever.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

15 years was a random number in my head. :P Glad it somewhat correct, hehe.

All Windows icons that are in 16 colors, dates back from Windows 1.x to 3.x area. As Windows 95 started to support more colors on its icon.

Microsoft doesn't need to do much to greatly improve the registry.

Add an address bar, back/forward button, like a normal folder, and add an undo/redo feature. I am sure it is not too problematic for Microsoft to implement. I am sure already existing code could be used.

Oh well. Crossing fingers that it happens.

Ok so i am using 10 Tech Prev for 6 mounts on my main system and i have no problems with it.

And i Thank Microsoft for givin me back my start menu :)

I imagine we may see 10051 or 10054 pushed sometime this month. No big changes.

Tq2gRIF.png

I imagine we may see 10051 or 10054 pushed sometime this month. No big changes.

-snip-

Mail and Calendar got an much needed update:

mail_story.jpg

mail2_story.jpg

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-build-10051-has-new-mail-and-calendar-apps

There is also some improvements to project spartan. We can take notes on webpages now:

Windows-10-10049-3-720x480.jpg

There is also a 'reading list' functionality that is built in to manage webpages for reading at a later date in time. So basically, they added the option to archive pages. They also added synchronization of spartan across multiple machines and phones. 

Source: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/04/05/windows-10-10049-whats-new-different/

In my opinion, the new calendar app got a much needed re-haul. From the looks of it, it will probably replace my current calendar utility (Google Calendar) if it supports cross platform sync.

I have a question to put here - 

I'm putting together a new PC soon. I want to use the 10 Tech Preview as my OS for one reason - free upgrade to 10 RTM, at least I believe this to be true. Problem is, I'm waiting to save up a bit more and I'm aware that the Windows 10 Tech Preview expires April 15th. So my question:

Do you get a free upgrade from 10 Tech Preview via a product key, for example, emailed to you? Or are you activated based on your motherboard like previous Windows versions?

If the last is true then I might have to just get the components for my new system now since I'd like to have the best chance at getting Windows 10. I just don't have the money to buy Windows 7 or 8.1 now and, although I like Ubuntu and elementary OS, I need Windows for school.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Windows 10 doesn't expire April 15. That is the expiry date of the specific build. Each build have an expiry date. Reaching that date, you either switch back to Windows 7 or 8 (or whatever OS you used to use), OR upgrade to a later Windows 10 build.

If you have no OS, you cannot get the final version of Windows 10 for free. You need to go at the store, buy Windows 10, and THEN you can upgrade the beta version to the final version of Windows 10. I highly suggest to not do that for the simple fact that you want to stay as far away possible from beta stuff being carried to the RTM version of Windows 10. Clean install.

If your school or your department that you are in your school is part of MSDNAA or Dreamspark Premium, then you have access to all Microsoft software for free. Windows 7, 8 and soon 10 will be waiting for you to be downloaded. Contact your school IT department for more information, they should know about it, or have a clue to whom to ask.

If you are not, then all you have is Office 365, which gives you the full Office suit for free as a student and automatically updated to the latest version of Office when it is released, as part of your Office 365 subscription. You also get 1TB of OneDrive space. See your school for more information on it. If they don't have, then probably your school doesn't want to manage this. In such case, Microsoft does. You can go here: http://www.microsoft.com/education/ww/StudentAdvantage/Pages/hed.aspx

As a student you can purchase Windows 8 Pro for cheap. Only 70$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-8.1-Pro-for-Students/productID.288769600

Windows 10 doesn't expire April 15. That is the expiry date of the specific date of the build that you saw the expiry date. Reaching that date you either switch back to Windows 7 or 8 (or whatever OS you used to use), OR upgrade to a later Windows 10 build.

If you have no OS, you cannot get the final version of Windows 10 for free. You need to go at the store, buy Windows 10, and THEN you can upgrade the beta version to the final version of Windows 10. I highly suggest to not do that for the simple fact that you want to stay as far away possible from beta stuff being carried to the RTM version of Windows 10. Clean install.

If your school or your department that you are in your school is part of MSDNAA or Dreamspark Premium, then you have access to all Microsoft software for free. Windows 7, 8 and soon 10 will be waiting for you to be downloaded. Contact your school IT department for more information, they should know about it, or have a clue to whom to ask.

If you are not, then all you have is Office 365, which gives you the full Office suit for free as a student and automatically updated to the latest version of Office when it is released, as part of your Office 365 subscription. You also get 1TB of OneDrive space. See your school for more information on it. If they don't have, then probably your school doesn't want to manage this. In such case, Microsoft does. You can go here: http://www.microsoft.com/education/ww/StudentAdvantage/Pages/hed.aspx

As a student you can purchase Windows 8 Pro for cheap. Only 70$

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Windows-8.1-Pro-for-Students/productID.288769600

Thanks, though my school is broke so no-go there. Thanks a lot for all of the info though!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I actually run windows 10 on my main laptop, it is pretty stable and nice. But I have to admit I don't like the look of the new update to it, and i actually prefer windows 8, but then again i do have a touch screen

OLD-SCHOOL - Intel Pentium 4 SL6WF with HYPERTHREADING! - ACER 651M03-6L Mobo - Saphire R9600 PRO 256mb AGP Card - 2gb DDR - 40gb IDE HDD - 430w PSU

I have been using windows 10 for the past 2 months as my main os now, (only because it wiped my windows 7 off but anyway)but for 2 months on I haven't found a major problem/bug with it (yet) apart from 1 piece of software that says it's not compatible, win10 is stable and I think it going to be a big release and a lot of people will like it