Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Go to the website of the brand on your box and download their latest driver for the model you have(Don't go to Nvidia's site for their latest driver for the chip on the GPU)

Run this(Make sure all your work is saved, it will ask to go into Safe Made, let it).

http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/

As soon as you reboot into normal mode, Install the driver you just installed.

Does that solve the issue?

thanks I downloaded the driver from Microsoft update

I don't have win8.1 so just download the latest 8.1 64bit from evga ?

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

i noticed when i render with sony vegas pro 13 the program crashes. Any one having issues with this

thanks I downloaded the driver from Microsoft update

I don't have win8.1 so just download the latest 8.1 64bit from evga ?

If you're running 64-bit Windows.

Hi,

I just installed Windows10 on my bed laptop (movies, morning surfing), and so far so good. Howerer, something annoys me, and here is an example:

0S65gBl.png?1

Why are there two ways to access the same settings, the first one is the usual "windows7 like" and the second is the "windows 8 like" (or tablet like). I mean, I can change the resolution of my screen with both of them...

Do you know if Microsoft is planning to completely remove one of them? I hope so!

Hi,

I just installed Windows10 on my bed laptop (movies, morning surfing), and so far so good. Howerer, something annoys me, and here is an example:

0S65gBl.png?1

Why are there two ways to access the same settings, the first one is the usual "windows7 like" and the second is the "windows 8 like" (or tablet like). I mean, I can change the resolution of my screen with both of them...

Do you know if Microsoft is planning to completely remove one of them? I hope so!

Some loser set your language to French.

PS: No, don't remove settings.

Can anyone help me here? I want to try the win10 tech preview on my rig without a VM

When i tryed it how/or can i revert back to win7? Do i need to make a backup ? if so how ?

Let's agree to disagree

They're supposedly  going to remove the old control panel and keep only settings, but they still have tons of things to migrate and redesign. They removed Windows Update button, can already remove Windows Defender, Language, Printer stuff, User account, Mouse and Easy of access.

I don't mind if it's in one place or both places, but when I have to memorize which settings are absent from one or the other, it gets annoying.

Microsoft actually pushed official links to the 10041.esd with a guide of how to convert it to ISO format.  :lol:

Disable Windows Update

@[member=Echo] offnet stop wuauservsc config wuauserv start=disabled
Probably the first biggest problem I noticed once I clean installed Build 10041 is that Windows Update couldn't be manually turned off.

Using the Pro Tech Preview right now. Its a fresh install, and so far, no issues. The "Cortana" Feature is really cool!!!

Microsoft actually pushed official links to the 10041.esd with a guide of how to convert it to ISO format.  :lol:

I saw that too. I thought it was quite hilarious, people over at MDL were having a field day with that.

Unrelated to the above comment, my upgrade to 10041 was a little rough. First the update failed to install at 99% and then had to recover to build 9926. After repair installing build 9926, the update to build 10041 worked, but my Windows' user profile was corrupted.

So I couldn't login. I had to grab the 9926 ISO and use the 'run at boot command prompt' to launch the registry editor and enable the built in administrator account to fix my other account. It was the first real issue I had with the Technical Preview, but it was actually partially my fault. Apparently there are issues when using a Microsoft account and two step login.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I saw that too. I thought it was quite hilarious, people over at MDL were having a field day with that.

Unrelated to the above comment, my upgrade to 10041 was a little rough. First the update failed to install at 99% and then had to recover to build 9926. After repair installing build 9926, the update to build 10041 worked, but my Windows' user profile was corrupted.

So I couldn't login. I had to grab the 9926 ISO and use the 'run at boot command prompt' to launch the registry editor and enable the built in administrator account to fix my other account. It was the first real issue I had with the Technical Preview, but it was actually partially my fault. Apparently there are issues when using a Microsoft account and two step login.

I would just grab the 10041.esd and convert it to an ISO and do a fresh install. Might as well as it seems Microsoft is mostly endorsing it.

Although 10041 is still too far unpolished for my tastes. Windows 10 has a long way to go before it's even close to suitable for RTM.

I would just grab the 10041.esd and convert it to an ISO and do a fresh install. Might as well as it seems Microsoft is mostly endorsing it.

Although 10041 is still too far unpolished for my tastes. Windows 10 has a long way to go before it's even close to suitable for RTM.

Yeah. I plan on fresh installing when it RTMs, before that, it isn't worth the hassle. I have the TP running on one spare laptop that is not used for my day-to-day work.

That laptop also has Ubuntu nightly on it (also for testing). Clean installing build 10041 would probably be a larger hassle than what it is worth to deal with the boot manager and partitioning.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Yeah. I plan on fresh installing when it RTMs, before that, it isn't worth the hassle. I have the TP running on one spare laptop that is not used for my day-to-day work.

That laptop also has Ubuntu nightly on it (also for testing). Clean installing build 10041 would probably be a larger hassle than what it is worth to deal with the boot manager and partitioning.

I spent no longer than 30 minutes on 10041 once I got it installed. I disliked so much about Windows 10 that if the final release is anything like it I will stick with Windows 8.1.

i don't think this is wordy of a news post since very few people here develop programs but microsoft released previews tools for the universal app platform http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/03/23/windows-10-developer-tooling-preview-now-available-to-windows-insiders/?OCID=ANNOUNCEMENTS_SOC_TW_ORGANIC_SDKRELEASE&linkId=13073879

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

I was first in my city and I also installed it on my friend's computers all of them are hapy but now I can not get the updaiter.

Hi,

Don't forget the Wifi settings.  Only the charms bar one can refresh on command, you can only forget networks on the left one, and the right one NEEDS the Windows 7 right-click context menu to be as useful as it once was.

post-200611-0-04345900-1427220865_thumb.

post-200611-0-04345900-1427220865_thumb.

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 ISO images are officially available.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso-update-1503

Three new updates roll out for Build 10041.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3046049

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3050284

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3050279

No, but if you look at Windows Insider hub, on the Build 10041 news, they mentioned it is one of their known bugs.

Something I noticed in Windows 10. If you snap a window to the left or right of your screen, scale the width only, say to take 70% of your screen, and snap another window to the other side, under Windows 7 and 8, it would snap with 50% of your screen, but here in Windows 10, it take the remaining space, Pretty darn cool if you ask me.

Anyone else got a "Press ctrl+alt+del to unlock" in the latest build lock screen? =/

Yes. It happens on my lock screen as well. I don't personaly mind it. Not sure it it is a bug, or as intended, reminds me of the good old Win XP days when you had to login via active directory (AD)  :P .

Unrelated to the above, it seems that build 10041 by default has hibernate on after 180 minutes (3 hours). I couldn't figure out why my computer was going into a paused state even though I explicitly modify the power plan settings to not sleep when the laptop is plugged into AC power.

Just a heads up, this build may reset your power settings when upgrading from the previous build.

Is there an official release date yet on windows 10? Haven't found anything on it

Whelp forgot to include a drain valve in my loop, there's always next time.

I've noticed after today's update, the search bar no longer overlays the start menu with the taskbar on auto-hide. :)

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Start Menu is still gimped and some initial issues with my sound driver, but Catalyst Control Center works again.