[RUMOR] Mojang to be acquired by Microsoft (Update3, It's Official)

Rafy

since they already have a relationship with Microsoft with minecraft coming out for xbox, I could see it viable investment.

Notch hasn't really had much to do with minecraft for awhile and if mojang becomes a microsoft developer they might have some more money to get started on the next thing, as there card game "scrolls" and the space games sorta fizzed out.

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Am I the only one who thinks this is positive?

No. I'm actually a massive Fan of Microsoft. If this is true, Phil Spensor seems like an actual decent head of Xbox (Compared to the last Ass Hat). (Assuming this is going to be the centralized gaming division of Microsoft). He seems like he actually cares about the players, and the games. Microsoft would do good for Mojang. Hopefully making it so they don't spend 8 months on any Updates!

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Minecraft 2 becoming M$ exclusive.

I almost cared.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Maybe we can finally get proper multithreading support so my $2500 computer can actually run this game at 1440p. 

getting rid of java, all of my yes, but lets me realistic in here, if they bought it, they cease to support other platforms that isn't the xbox (unless mojang has some sort of legal binding to support a platform MC is on), maybe they keep pocket edition, (or just kill it and re made it for WP only) and i expect there's would be a chance to end support for the PC version, and they can do all of this simpling making MC2

we know microsoft, has a very shitty history with pc games in the last 10 years

It is huge on PC already though. That's where most of the 10's of millions of copies were bought. It's not like Microsoft has no Windows games. However, in the event they did make updates console exclusive we still have the ability to mod the game to introduce any functionality we want. :)

Plus one version that will never be out of date is sure to get tons of mod support because your mod will never be obsolete or integrated into the vanilla game's mechanics.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

This could be positive, only if Microsoft gets rid of Java on the PC version and doesn't make Minecraft "Windows Exclusive"(Xbox, WP, Windows OS, etc.).

hey, remember how microsoft vowed to bring back a loved series? and everyone was speculating as to what it was?

and then we got two mobile Age Of Empires games?

(don't get me wrong, I love AoE, I helped develop AoFE, but goddamn those were shitty.)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Minecraft an xbox one exclusive.... oh wait...

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

why would Notch sell the company when he is making so much money from it?!

This has got to win some kind of award for dumb comments

Minecraft 2 confirmed. It's the only reason why MS would spend 2 billion dollars on that company. Even so, it's still waaay too much money.

Microsoft could port it to C# which would run faster (C-based language + DX12) would make the game run smoother. Also their experience with servers would be helpful to hopefully stop stuttering/lag during online play.

But I also wouldn't want to see ads in my game I paid for... See: Skype.

But that would break all mods.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

You smell that? That is bullshit son.

Besides Notch wouldn't let that happen, he is still at least 50% owner and does not enjoy M$ or Facebook or corporations.......

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

You smell that? That is bullshit son.

Besides Notch wouldn't let that happen, he is still at least 50% owner and does not enjoy M$ or Facebook or corporations.......

BS, he changed his mind about facebook when he smelled the money.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecrafts-notch-now-okay-with-facebook-buying-ocu/1100-6421777/

BS, he changed his mind about facebook when he smelled the money.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/minecrafts-notch-now-okay-with-facebook-buying-ocu/1100-6421777/

Dont correct my parade of ignorance!

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

I can see M$ making it a Windows Exclusive. I hope not but I wouldn't put it past them.

Imagine if M$ made it as a free game with windows, sort of a trial, like my old acer had Spore Creator. Play for a set time, maybe 30 minutes, after the time a message pops up saying

"This version of Minecraft is not Activated, please activate by visiting this website"

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Why are indie game development studios valued so highly? For 2 billion dollars you could buy a multinational corporation which actually produces something, and which is guaranteed to actually make profit in the near future!

Updated the OP with more info.

Apparently talks were initiated months ago by Notch.

Updated the OP with more info.

Apparently talks were initiated months ago by Notch.

Got this from /r/minecraft:

https://twitter.com/notch/status/281139739304800256

ASRlGPD.png?2

https://twitter.com/notch/status/448900844541726720

2TYJwW2.png?2

Very freaky foreshadowing or this was truly in the works for a long, long time. Or both..?

Edit: To add even more mystery to the $2bn tweets, this is an even older one that's kinda relevant.

https://twitter.com/notch/status/237832833605980160

@ Notch

Business meetings with large companies that can't say anything without an NDA are interesting when you don't sign NDAs. It went ok though.

- 21 Aug, 2012

People are thinking this means he'll never sign an NDA, which I completely disagree with and think it only relates to this instance alone. Anyone know what might've happened with Mojang/Minecraft around that time? Has the Xbox/mobile version been out that long?