Issues With The LTT Community

CowsGoRoar

I'm 14 and I just posted this...

I think you are mistaken. I said nothing about getting a rapid response, I said the issue was irrelevant answers.\

So first of all, thank you for not answering the post since you don't know the answer. It beats "i7 is better for streaming".

I only post it if I can't find any research on it.

I am not mistaken. You made that thread 30 minutes before this rant thread. As i have said before and i shall say again, just for you. People have jobs. People have personal lives. People live in different time zones. You may not get someone with the knowledge you seek to be available for you on short notice. You should have given the thread a few hours, up to a day and you would have ample feedback regarding your original question.

And yes, you will find answers on Google. I just had a look, and you will lose a fair bit of streaming performance if you downgrade to an i5 3570k. One of the main reasons being lack of hyperthreading versus the i7 3770k.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If I don't know an answer, or don't trust that I know it fully, I do my best to research the topic.

I'm fairly new around here (new community member, relatively new LTT subscriber (a little over a year), long time watcher (6+ years). That said, this is one of the more mature tech related communities that i've been a part of. my first post here was about a pair of entry-level audiophiles. Aside from one post trolling with beats, I actually got some very sound advice that allowed me to make an informed decision and ultimately, end up with my DT 770's, which I don't regret in the least.

I see plenty of threads that get wildly different answers, but in some cases, two polar opposite answers can be reached, and be valid, because of a user experience.

I try to provide sources of additional information if relevant, or provide links to where I got my information.

Sometimes, however, my answer is simply from my experience, no more no less.

It is unfortunate, but it is part of the internet that you get those one-off responses multiple times in the same thread, if you get anything at all.

If you can't accept that (and proceed to ignore), honestly, you probably shouldn't be on a forum. It's an unfortunate reality of anonymity behind a screen.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Well said @Semper 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

There's a lot of people here that would rather maintain their own ignorance/intuition instead of trying to learn something that invalidates their own ignorance/intuition.

It's immensely frustrating.

This is starting to damage the LTT community immensely. When I joined LTT, there was good technical information to find, even in off-topic. Now, the entire forum is cluttered with rage posts, and even rage threads, left right and center. Any single soul that objects will get an avalanche of insults and have his/her intellect questioned, because it does not follow their "oh so perfect" reasoning. You have been through this multiple times, I got a nasty bite myself recently, and there is now even a thread dedicated to bashing Linus, of all people.

I really hope the moderators do something about this, but hey, it's just me.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

I am not mistaken. You made that thread 30 minutes before this rant thread. As i have said before and i shall say again, just for you. People have jobs. People have personal lives. People live in different time zones. You may not get someone with the knowledge you seek to be available for you on short notice. You should have given the thread a few hours, up to a day and you would have ample feedback regarding your original question.

And yes, you will find answers on Google. I just had a look, and you will lose a fair bit of streaming performance if you downgrade to an i5 3570k. One of the main reasons being lack of hyperthreading versus the i7 3770k.

How is making the "i5 vs. i7 for Streaming" thread 30 minutes before ranting this one relevant to rapid answers? The top 2 answers were completely irrelevant, and that is all that matters. It is, to put it in another way, spam.

I said I wanted specific information of how much performance loss is between going from i5 or i7, obviously i7 is better because it has hyper threading, but if the decrease is negligible like say 10 FPS, then I would go with an i5.

How is making the "i5 vs. i7 for Streaming" thread 30 minutes before ranting this one relevant to rapid answers? Please answer this question.

I said I wanted specific information of how much performance loss is between going from i5 or i7, obviously i7 is better because it has hyper threading, but if the decrease is negligible like say 10 FPS, then I would go with an i5.

You only waited 30 minutes before making this thread, moaning about not getting the answer you wanted.

y u no understand?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

You only waited 30 minutes before making this thread, moaning about not getting the answer you wanted.

y u no understand?

Oops, I had to rephrase my answer. Reread it pls.

so you only read the first 2 replies? 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

I really hope the moderators do something about this, but hey, it's just me.

I've mentioned it to them several times. They recognized the problem and were very supportive of me, (as is evidenced by the fact that @Whiskers and @Windspeed36 liked my post) but admitted there was not much they could do to stop the massive institutionalized trolling, flaming, and general immaturity as the rules stand right now. It comes down to the kind of people we attract. They tend to be very young. 

I also report all that I can and am trying very hard to combat the general grossness that goes on in Off Topic. There should really be more rules on this forum. It's not 4chan, for god's sake.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I've mentioned it to them several times. They recognized the problem and were very supportive of me, (as is evidenced by the fact that @Whiskers and @Windspeed36 liked my post) but admitted there was not much they could do to stop the massive institutionalized trolling, flaming, and general immaturity as the rules stand right now. It comes down to the kind of people we attract. They tend to be very young.

I also report all that I can and am trying very hard to combat the general grossness that goes on in Off Topic. There should really be more rules on this forum. It's not 4chan, for god's sake.

I belong to a couple forums that ended up being very strict. People stopped posting on there because it was always so serious. All the trolling and nonsense doesnt bug me. It is pretty simple to just skim over the crap and find the stuff you like. I dont understand why this upsets people, its the internet. Its not like this is a new thing......
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

I belong to a couple forums that ended up being very strict. People stopped posting on there because it was always so serious. All the trolling and nonsense doesnt bug me. It is pretty simple to just skim over the crap and find the stuff you like. I dont understand why this upsets people, its the internet. Its not like this is a new thing......

Because if you're a Mac user on this forum you get put through the wringer, constantly. It's because below a certain age devotion to a platform is more religious or institutionalized than objective, and a significant majority of our users are below that age. Above that age, some still can't become rational about it. Instead, they try and find evidence to support their irrational claims and resort to ad hominems when they can't.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with age and maturity, places like overclock.net don't attract the kind of users these forums do. They attract enthusiasts of all sorts, and overclocking in their definition means using technology life hacks to increase the productivity of your production workflows in programming and occasionally gaming as well.

They're friendlier there, and they accept people from all platforms. They still joke about Apple constantly, but they understand it's immature and will admit to it if asked.

That's why it upsets me. Honestly sometimes when people tell me to leave I almost feel like I should.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Because if you're a Mac user on this forum you get put through the wringer, constantly. It's because below a certain age devotion to a platform is more religious or institutionalized than objective, and a significant majority of our users are below that age. Above that age, some still can't become rational about it. Instead, they try and find evidence to support their irrational claims and resort to ad hominems when they can't.

I honestly think it has a lot to do with age and maturity, places like overclock.net don't attract the kind of users these forums do. They attract enthusiasts of all sorts, and overclocking in their definition means using technology life hacks to increase the productivity of your production workflows in programming and occasionally gaming as well.

They're friendlier there, and they accept people from all platforms. They still joke about Apple constantly, but they understand it's immature and will admit to it if asked.

That's why it upsets me. Honestly sometimes when people tell me to leave I almost feel like I should.

You're open to people's opinions. You actually express your own and are not afraid to be criticized. I agree that it has to do with age and maturity. There are so many immature 12 year olds here that bang on about how consoles are shit, they're inferior, they're for peasants, etc. Same goes with Apple products. I own a Mac Mini, I own an iPhone, I own an Apple TV. And for every time I say this, someone makes a snide, childish comment about it and treats it as a fact. Even I did so to your post about Unix and OS X and I regret doing so. But we can't change immature children, we can only wish they bugger off.

Basically, we need more users with open minds and a willingness to be and stay friendly and impartial.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

In mobile category I asked why my S5's ringtone is too quiet and I included that I buried my phone in shallow sand. All I got was sand will kill it and some stupid shit about screen size that doesn't help me. If you guys want to help me, please do

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Basically, we need more users with open minds and a willingness to be and stay friendly and impartial.

Definitely. I regret when I'm not open minded too, because I will admit I'm not @Perfect. (I'm not sure @Perfect is even on these forums. Is he?)

In mobile category I asked why my S5's ringtone is too quiet and I included that I buried my phone in shallow sand. All I got was sand will kill it and some stupid shit about screen size that doesn't help me. If you guys want to help me, please do

Sorry man, it was sort of an insensitive joke.

Try taking it apart and shaking the sand out. That's basically all I've got. You may have shorted something though, because there's silica in sand.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'm 14 and I just posted this...

Yeah, you're 14 and wrote up a rant thread. You should print it and then frame it.

Look m80, nobody here is paid to give you any personal assistance or to answer your questions. Luckily there's always someone that can help but no one's obliged to.

So just deal with it. And no, I'm not trying to be aggressive with you or anything, I'm just stating the facts.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Yeah, you're 14 and wrote up a rant thread. You should print it and then frame it.

Look m80, nobody here is paid to give you any personal assistance or to answer your questions. Luckily there's always someone that can help but no one's obliged to.

So just deal with it. And no, I'm not trying to be aggressive with you or anything, I'm just stating the facts.

This isn't a rant thread. I'm addressing this as a concern. What's the point of a forum then?

This isn't a rant thread. I'm addressing this as a concern. What's the point of a forum then?

The whole point of a forum is to share ideas and discuss about them. It's not a dedicated helpdesk.

As I said, luckily there's always people who are happy to help but there's always someone who cracks a joke or whatever. It's a forum after all. 

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

@TheSLSAMG you own Apple products? ugh....J/K! :P

PS..I have an iPhone :)

The whole point of a forum is to share ideas and discuss about them. It's not a dedicated helpdesk.

As I said, luckily there's always people who are happy to help but there's always someone who cracks a joke or whatever. It's a forum after all. 

The thing is, there is a difference between joking around and being an utter asshole. It's okay if you want to make a joke, but if you don't help whoever you're addressing or at least try without making snide remarks, there is going to be an issue.

I know the moderators and administrators like us to be friendly. Linus has even said it himself when addressing the audio subforum. We don't need to be all wovey dovey, but we don't need to be assholes either.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

@TheSLSAMG you own Apple products? ugh....J/K! :P

PS..I have an iPhone :)

there are more people with iphones on here than you think. 

I got one. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Definitely. I regret when I'm not open minded too, because I will admit I'm not @Perfect. (I'm not sure @Perfect is even on these forums. Is he?)

Sorry man, it was sort of an insensitive joke.

Try taking it apart and shaking the sand out. That's basically all I've got. You may have shorted something though, because there's silica in sand.

Thanks for the help now, but after 30 secs of pretty violent shaking, nothing came out of the speaker holes...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Thanks for the help now, but after 30 secs of pretty violent shaking, nothing came out of the speaker holes...

Did you take it apart?

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

The whole point of a forum isn't to be a dedicated shithole either. Like I said, I'd rather have you say nothing instead of say something random.

This has more to do with psychological age than physical. I am a pretty young dude, and I feel like a more mature person than a good portion of people here. One person used his supposed age to "outman" me, with laughable failure. Many people have stated their points to be absolute facts (some members are especially notorious for this), and when I questioned it, I get treated as a moron and a troll (that always was a facepalm-worthy contradiction).

I am fine with this being restricted to off-topic, but unfortunately, it is spreading to Tech News, where it is the least ideal, among other places. That is what bothers me.

And speaking of 4Chan, you should get some popcorn and read one of the threads. I will not post a link for very obvious reasons, but it is hilarious how people react to the OP.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

The whole point of a forum isn't to be a dedicated shithole either. Like I said, I'd rather have you say nothing instead of say something random.

While I understand your point, there is a community aspect to it.

If you posted anything like this in a Unix-related IRC or forum, you'd get a very prompt RTFM and a request to leave.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /