Issues With The LTT Community

CowsGoRoar

I have asked the same Question 3 times without even a response. 

But other times there is a clear answer within minutes.

But when I asked if 650W was enough for (Product) I got like 20 different answers. And it ended in a AMD vs. Nvidia war.

EG:

"Will (PSU) handle SLI (GPU)?"

Responses:

"No, it will explode and kill your entire family"

"It will coil whine and then explode"

"You won't have enough power for the 2nd card"

"It will run hot, no issues though"

"Should do well"

"You could have Quad-SLI with that PSU"

"Bitch, I run 85 GPUs on my 5W PSU"

"Why would you even want another Nvidia card?"

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

But when I asked if 650W was enough for (Product) I got like 20 different answers. And it ended in a AMD vs. Nvidia war.

sounds about right. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Yes.  I know firsthand that people don't answer questions correctly.

It's real annoying.  Stop farming posts and actually be useful.

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

@connorpiper, I completely understand that. Sometimes the issue may be rare so you may not get any help.

I prefer that. I'd rather have an empty thread because the users don't know a solution to my problem, instead of having irrelevant posts.

Clear answers within minutes is just because they know the answer, but I'm talking about when you ask a specific question and they come up with a broad answer that is useless.

And I hate it when people escalate the thread into another topic.

That's why I wrote this, so that the community can become a better contributor.

It's a forum, threads sometimes don't get a response, or end up being derailed. You ain't paying us for help, it's a community which will give when people are able and willing to give information, some even seek it out for you because some are too lazy to use google, or just want a 2nd/3rd/4th opinion.

afc.gif

Also, you need to factor in time zones, and the fact people have jobs etc. You won't always have someone on hand to help you with everything. You only posted the other thread asking for help, 30 mins before you made this one.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

There's a lot of people here that would rather maintain their own ignorance/intuition instead of trying to learn something that invalidates their own ignorance/intuition.

It's immensely frustrating.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Every forum thread on every tech forum, ever.

I agree. Almost every time a comparison between two competing brands is brought up, a nuclear war starts

"Rawr XD"

:wacko: Thats usually why I don't ask questions often. pretty much every question i've asked has yet to be answered.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

It's a forum, threads sometimes don't get a response, or end up being derailed. You ain't paying us for help, it's a community which will give when people are able and willing to give information, some even seek it out for you because some are too lazy to use google, or just want a 2nd/3rd/4th opinion.

-snip-

Also, you need to factor in time zones, and the fact people have jobs etc. You won't always have someone on hand to help you with everything. You only posted the other thread asking for help, 30 mins before you made this one.

Thanks to your post, you are one of the examples.

Especially the GIF, was that really necessary?

So the moral of the story is: From now on guys, try to read the question and answer if you actually have an answer. Many answers are just stating the obvious. Thanks for the post though, OP.

yeah had this problem a few time also but people like to get those post numbers

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I have issues with the LTT community. I would like to express it so that some of you may become a better contributor.

The forum has lots of threads, and it's great to get your concern solved.

But I found that I almost never get a thread solved.

Several minutes ago, I asked a question: How Much Performance Decrease From i7 to i5 for Game Streaming?

The answers were there in less than a minute. Maybe even half of that.

Because they didn't even answer my question.

The first answer was "yes the i7 would be better for streaming" (which the post was later edited to add "but an i5 would probably be good enough.")

Which still doesn't answer my question.

A month ago, I asked 2 specific questions about push/pull, and in less than a minute, I got an answer.

The answer was a link to Linus' video "Push or Pull or Push/Pull" which was almost irrelevant to my post.

The main issue that users skim the title and rush to answer the post in hopes to get likes.

I understand that your profile counts the number of likes that you have, which give you a good rep.

But I think that the whole point of the LinusTechTips forum is to be able to educate someone and help each other out.

So please, read the title and description before posting. It really helps. :)

hhhmm...well if your questions arent getting answered here the way you like maybe look at other sights for your questions. there are many :)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

hhhmm...well if your questions arent getting answered here the way you like maybe look at other sights for your questions. there are many :)

What do you mean "other sights"?

P.S., you can tag the poster if the post is too long by "@_______" instead of quoting them.

I have issues with the LTT community. I would like to express it so that some of you may become a better contributor.

The forum has lots of threads, and it's great to get your concern solved.

But I found that I almost never get a thread solved.

Several minutes ago, I asked a question: How Much Performance Decrease From i7 to i5 for Game Streaming?

The answers were there in less than a minute. Maybe even half of that.

Because they didn't even answer my question.

The first answer was "yes the i7 would be better for streaming" (which the post was later edited to add "but an i5 would probably be good enough.")

Which still doesn't answer my question.

A month ago, I asked 2 specific questions about push/pull, and in less than a minute, I got an answer.

The answer was a link to Linus' video "Push or Pull or Push/Pull" which was almost irrelevant to my post.

The main issue that users skim the title and rush to answer the post in hopes to get likes.

I understand that your profile counts the number of likes that you have, which give you a good rep.

But I think that the whole point of the LinusTechTips forum is to be able to educate someone and help each other out.

So please, read the title and description before posting. It really helps. :)

There are other forums, not trying to shoe you away but if you need an answer to something important to you its best you seek a few references before plopping down money. LTT is not the end all be all.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Your question isn't easily quantifiable.  There's no metric for performance increase when streaming.  At best, there will be no difference, at worst, it'll be terrible to both play and stream.  Where a specific game falls depends on how the game treats your cpu and how that interacts with the cpu usage for streaming.  Warcraft 3 will probably stream fine, battlefield 4 maybe not so much.  

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Don't forget that the LTT community is a young community, and by that I mean age-wise. Not everyone is mature enough to know when and when not to be a smartass. It's the nature of the beast, especially with younger and younger people getting interested in tech and finding the community.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

Thanks to your post, you are one of the examples.

Especially the GIF, was that really necessary?

Well, you are being rather inconsiderate. You won't always get a rapid response, as people have jobs, personal lives as well as they are not necessarily in the same time zone as you. Also, some people tend to leave topics they have no personal experience to quote back on as reference. In your case, i did read your thread but left no response because i've never streamed before, and do not own an i5 or i7. So i left it for someone who could give you legitimate feedback.

And logic would dictate to go to more than one avenue for feedback on a decision, or about something you wish to know. Google is your friend.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

sorry, other web 'sites"....so you didnt understand what i was saying because i misspelled a word?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Don't forget that the LTT community is a young community, and by that I mean age-wise. Not everyone is mature enough to know when and when not to be a smartass. It's the nature of the beast, especially with younger and younger people getting interested in tech and finding the community.

I'm 14 and I just posted this...

Well, you are being rather inconsiderate. You won't always get a rapid response, as some people tend to leave topics they have no personal experience to quote back on as reference. In your case, i did read your thread but left no response because i've never streamed before, and do not own an i5 or i7. So i left it for someone who could give you legitimate feedback.

And logic would dictate to go to more than one avenue for feedback on a decision, or about something you wish to know. Google is your friend.

I think you are mistaken. I said nothing about getting a rapid response, I said the issue was irrelevant answers.

So first of all, thank you for not answering the post since you don't know the answer. It beats "i7 is better for streaming".

I only post it if I can't find any research on it.

sorry, other web 'sites"....so you didnt understand what i was saying because i misspelled a word?

Sites and sights are completely different things.

I also implied that in the title. Issues with the LTT Community.

I use Tom's Hardware, OC3D Forums, and Tek Syndicate, and pretty much everyone in each of the site's were knowledgeable and helpful.

ok, then if you get your answers there why do you come here and ask knowing that its possible your question will not be answered to your satisfaction? im not trying to argue

Sites and sights are completely different things.

I also implied that in the title. Issues with the LTT Community.

I use Tom's Hardware, OC3D Forums, and Tek Syndicate, and pretty much everyone in each of the site's were knowledgeable and helpful.

^

LTT has a rather easier layout compared to OCN, OC3D  and tom hardware. With Linus being a somewhat large youtuber and directing people to this website for help. I think we should take what he says with an open mind.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit