Amd, a lone challenger, a lone gpu enters the stages

brownninja97

Firstly id like to talk about an old tale, this tale consisted on three titans so to speak. They came and ripped up the competition, by standers watched in fear that their pcs may not be able to handle such a radical change, change itself, is that something we want, do we need it?

Either way, AMD is making your mind up for you for another gpu enters the stage, it doesnt boast some wonderful name, hell its family line may of had its glitches.

But the bottem line is that its a monster, its a complete tank.

Those titans I was talking about earlier, they mean nothing in the wake of this being.

So let it be known, the Radeon R7 250XE, the dark horse, it now rises, its all pcb now.

89a.jpg

At first glance you would expect  a pathetic lowly creature however it boasts 640 stream processors, it rivals that of a 7770 yet it needs no six pin for extra power.

And as for power usage, 35watts, yeah five more then the radeon 6450, crazy

As if that wasnt enough they reduced the price, what you mean by 10%? 20%?

NO 50% OFF.

You see this card will be going into combat with the Gt 740 where it will win, at everything(apart from physx, i wont tell you why, go google it).

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-Radeon_R7_25

You might ask, brownninja97, why in the name of mini-linus(unofficial name) would i buy such a thing?

Well you would buy this so that you have a light gaming htpc, a streaming pc, a hd ready "for science" machine, your poor, your country sucks with prices and import fees.

The end goal for this is for people that want a gpu but dont have the money and also for OEM companies, those companies can go crazy with saying you can have a gpu and a reasonable one at that, at least it smashes intel hd and well rivals an xbone but graphics horsepower isnt everything.

Well its up to you to decide whether this is needed in your life, for many people its pointless but for many others its amazing.

Take in mind i could easily ram this gpu in a system with a 220w(or higher) psu and be happy that the psu can handle it.

http://www.techpowerup.com/204383/mysterious-amd-radeon-r7-250xe-shows-up.html

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/308/radeon-hd-7770-ghz-edition.html

http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r7-250-xe-gpu-1gb/

http://n4g.com/news/1569898/amd-radeon-r7-250xe-gpu-spotted-1-ghz-core-clock-and-1gb-gddr5-memory

http://www.eteknix.com/amd-radeon-r7-250xe-starts-appearing-japanese-stores/

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Strange-AMD-Radeon-R7-250XE-Graphics-Card-Spotted-Clock-Speed-Exposed-455749.shtml

http://www.hitechreview.com/it-products/pc/amd-radeon-r7-250xe-video-card-seen-japan/48290/

Sorry i wanted to know everything about this card so i got a little excited with the sources.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This is a good news post. I like this very much.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Buy a LN2 pot and solder all the power connectors to it and get some mad OC on that.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Well done sir. Loved your post :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

That was a rousing call to battle there.

This is actually a compelling option for some situations when you look at it. I might even invest in one for some fun. And as a coaster, as currently I'm using a post-it note stack, which isn't very good.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

wow O.o

that thing have 640sp and use 35w ???... wow 

Damn.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'm not terribly upset with this card actually.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

this is prefect for my "science" project!!!

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

At first I thought it was a chinese knock-off

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

And here I thought somebody entirely new was tepping into the GPU market. This would be an upgrade from the card I have now though.

With 640 stream processors at 35 watts with HD 7770 performance, signal that AMD is moving to more power efficient and higher performance cards? Kinda sounds like when the 750 Ti came out, so I hope the same comes out of this.

does it crossfire?.....

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Cancelled my 780 order. This is clearly superior in every single way  B)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Sad part is, my little HD 7770 is equivalent (rebrand of my card) to the r7 250X.. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

So its going to cost less than $100?

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Tonga gpu's use less power than a 760 and it closer to a 770 in performance.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

35 Watts??!?!

I think this just gave Maxwell a kick in the guts. Time to buy a Pico PSU and an i3-4130T.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

That was a rousing call to battle there.

This is actually a compelling option for some situations when you look at it. I might even invest in one for some fun. And as a coaster, as currently I'm using a post-it note stack, which isn't very good.

yeah im using a radeon 3450, i think my coaster needs more horsepower.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1