Quinnspericy: Mod of /r/gaming el_chupacupcake pushed to step down after Zoe Quinn update.

never knew about this

and i dont really give a damn lol its friggen games people rofl hahah

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

You realize that you're posting on the forum of amateur YouTube personalities that have an amateur following and who's opinions are respected and their integrity is held to a higher standard.... Right?

Except Linus has worked in retail of said industry as a purchaser and is credible as very few people on the planet had that much tech stuff pass through their hands. Even if he's prone to bouts of fanboyism (cough Noctua cough)

In this instance we're talking about some random hiding-behind-anonymity reddit dweller whose only known industry affiliation is slander (which is a crime) towards actual creators, and moderating some second-hand newsreel.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

In this instance we're talking about some random hiding-behind-anonymity reddit dweller whose only known industry affiliation is slander (which is a crime) towards actual creators, and moderating some second-hand newsreel.

I'll agree that perhaps the OP's specific choice of topic about Reddit mods isn't particularly newsworthy, but I think the larger 'Quinnspiracy' topic is, as it involves games journalists and indie devs, cronyism and censorship.

This has a lot to do with the attitude in game reviews and manipulating public perception to get more sales and gain favour 

I'd say thats a pretty big deal to talk about in and of itself. 

But Depression Quest is a free game so this would only be for publicity, which she got when she added "trigger" in a warning page.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Meh. Reddit is just some other site I don't care about, so I really don't see why this is news.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Meh. Reddit is just some other site I don't care about, so I really don't see why this is news.

It's not really about only reddit. This entire issue involves well know game journalists and indie devs. Just watch the video on the first page to get an understanding of how deep this issue is and why I hope that the community wins.

For everyone acting like this isn't a big deal... It is. This whole scandal shows the level of corruption in the gaming journalism scene, which has a BIG effect on game developers, what games we see in our steam library and what is in those games.

Feminists are constantly bombarding developers with the classic, shit arguments like "games promote violence towards women" and "games promote objectifying women", just like the conservatives like to say "games promote violence and mass murder". Gaming journalists back up the feminists and hit the game devs even harder to get lots of clicks, since the feminist movement is HUGE, it generates lots of clicks. Then to avoid bad press and keep the heat off their games, game devs cave in and put tons of stupid things in their games and take good stuff out to please these idiots, things like putting useless, annoying characters in their games - that happen to be women - to satisfy the "there aren't enough women in games" argument. A good example of a game dev caving into the conservatives is when Rebellion took a lot of the violence and gore out of AVP for the Australian release (come on guys, that's a stupidly violent universe, let it be true to it's origins).

I'd appreciate if someone else could add some more examples too, my brain isn't fully awake yet :P

Gaming journalism, Feminists and conservatives directly affect what games we see in our steam library and the content within those games. This whole Zoe Quinn scandal shows the extent of the corruption. It'd be stupid to let this blow over.

Might I add that Anita Sarkeesian was backing Zoe Quinn. If you don't know who she is, she recently milked Kickstarter backers of $160,000 to produce a handful of videos about the objectifying of women and misogyny in games, which are arguably shit. For one of her videos on this topic, she cherrypicked and stole a bunch of videos from other YouTubers to illustrate her points. One of those points was that Hitman Absolution is misogynistic and encourages people to kill women and muck around with their bodies because you can do that to a couple of strippers in one of the levels. Pathetic. Source below.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

So people on Reddit are over reacting over a stupid conspiracy. Doesn't surprise me. Zoe can do wants to, including having sex with others for favors in return. In our modern day society, that isn't such a major issue, and people do it all the time. Technically speaking Bill Clinton got away with it (depending on your point of view) :P.

Honestly, it seems like something that has been taken horribly out of proportion, given that there are no facts, and only speculation as to what she did or did not do. The issue at hand is that people on the Internet love to cherry pick and spin their ideas/news is a certain light.

With that being said: I still believe that most of Redditors are scum when it comes to people who actively participate in doxing and "witch hunts". For those of you who need to be enlightened as to why such behavior is bad, go read The Crucible by Arthur Miller, and how nicely it ties into the HUAC. For those of you don't know, HUAC was a modern day "witch hunt" by the U.S. government. 

Honestly, I could couldn't care less about the Zoe scandal. People are taking it out of proportion with sudo-evidence and big accusations.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

So people on Reddit are over reacting over a stupid conspiracy. Doesn't surprise me. Zoe can do wants to, including having sex with others for favors in return. In our modern day society, that isn't such a major issue, and people do it all the time. Technically speaking Bill Clinton got away with it (depending on your point of view) :P.

Honestly, it seems like something that has been taken horribly out of proportion, given that there are no facts, and only speculation as to what she did or did not do. The issue at hand is that people on the Internet love to cherry pick and spin their ideas/news is a certain light.

With that being said: I still believe that most of Redditors are scum when it comes to people who actively participate in doxing and "witch hunts". For those of you who need to be enlightened as to why such behavior is bad, go read The Crucible by Arthur Miller, and how nicely it ties into the HUAC. For those of you don't know, HUAC was a modern day "witch hunt" by the U.S. government. 

Honestly, I could couldn't care less about the Zoe scandal. People are taking it out of proportion with sudo-evidence and big accusations.

I think this is a big deal because it shows that (at least some) "gaming journalists" do not have any integrity whatsoever. I haven't trusted website like Kotaku or RPS ever, but a lot of people does and we should therefore be critical of them.

Well, Phil Fish just got doxxed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=880130

Hackers got all of his personal info and managed to take over the Polytron website, displaying this message:

<image>

This controversy just went to a whole new level.

I am pretty sure that's Phil trying to put the blame on /v/ (or "/V/" as he calls it).

The files were hosted on his own website. If you're going to spread information about someone then you don't put the info on his own website where he can delete it. You upload it somewhere else.

There is no reason why that kind of info would have been on the Polytron website. You don't keep all your personal info, bank account info etc stored on your company website. Just ask Linus if he keeps all his personal info on LinusMediaGroup.

The people who got "hacked" (Phil and Quinn) somehow had access to their accounts while the attack was ongoing. No... That just wouldn't happen.

They did this themselves as an attempt to gain sympathy.

I don't get it. I just googled this Zoe girl. She's not even hot.

Fucking nerds man, any involvement with females and they all lose their shit.

I'd care if I still visited kotaku or dtoid but they're sold fucks anyway that only care about console peasant.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I too wouldn't call it a scandal... Just drama, Sweet delicious drama.

Which definitely doesn't belong in this subforum at all.

I don't get how this is tech news.

I don't get it. I just googled this Zoe girl. She's not even hot.

Fucking nerds man, any involvement with females and they all lose their shit.

Desperate needs require desperate means.

Which definitely doesn't belong in this subforum at all.

I don't get how this is tech news.

It's more releated to gaming news as the "journalism" is a part of that industry.

Note: Sorry for this poor quality article i rushed it as i have so much to do today but wanted to see what everybody thought about this.

Starter info:

Game development is a serious matter and of course at the end of the day a form of general media ( and as a game developer myself i like to think i take it serious and of course ethical ), and as many know corruption in media is becoming a serious problem and has recently struck again with a female game developer named Zoe Quinn who for many days now has been playing the "i'm being abused on internet" game for sympathy and although many cases may exist where this is a true problem which needs to be addressed, Zoe is a different story she has lied and cheated to get where she is today and has also scamed a huge population of people and falsely accused people of doing things which they are most likely not guilty for.

Story:

A female game developer with a past recently released a game called depression quest which somehow managed to be greenlighteed on steam much to many peoples surpries the text based game about someone living with depression made in flash suddenly became talked about in such a positive way by many gaming news writers such as Kotaku and many many more.

So later post begin to emerge about Zoe quinn cheating on her boyfreind at the time, which later was discovered to be true, he also leaked all her secrets on a personal blog showing evidence about what she had been up to and of course some of the people she slept with.

This so far may be no shock to people ( i.e. people cheat all the time yeah what but  whys this so special) well the people she cheated with were 5 people all with close ties to the game development and advertise bussiness, these people are as follows: B-McC a game developer of Fez, Kyle Pulver another game developer, nathan grayson a article writer for Kotaku, robin Arnott and josha 

boggs another game developer. These people all had a sexual relationship with zoe and echange zoe got the publicity, now the people on defence for her say whats the point she is not making any money, is that true? no, she has 3 ways for people to donate to her one of course being pateron and a tipping service for money to be given to her for an apparent money being stollen problem, however is still another way to again make money. 

The cover and scam: so far MundaneMatt  a youtuber who adds a still photo to a video and talks about something, this time he talked about the secrets about zoe she then later got the video deleted by claiming copyright of the depression quest photo in the background, which is public domain and even used for the steam page. So how did the game get greenlighted? by the news articles wrote with the people she slept with and a cult of feminists who are backing the game to try and prove men wrong.

Please note that this situaion that zoe has caused not only effected her and all the men she has been with but is screwing up female game developers chances, and completely contridiciting herself where she stopped Kotaku from talking about a women free game development course where a women would submit a game concept and the company would make the game for them and the woman would get around 80% profits.

for all the information, story and all sources linked  here is a youtube video link giving a short run down of all the problems going on, please note that it does contain a little bit of strong language.

Zoe quinn pictured bellow,

zoe_quinn_youtube_ubj_304.png

Sources:

News article: wow they have took this down now but there was a link to a news article about this i will see if i can find another

The cheated on boyfriend posts leaking what Zoe has been upto:

Photo evidence of social network activities:

Call me a sexist if you will, but looking at her picture, I have no doubt whatsoever that she totally did everything people claim she did.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We definitely need another thread for this riveting story.

Call me a sexist if you will, but looking at her picture, I have no doubt whatsoever that she totally did everything people claim she did.

That was my thoughts too. If it looks like a duck

HAHAHA im sorry but I found that fucking hilarious

We definitely need another thread for this riveting story.

You should make another

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

HAHAHA im sorry but I found that fucking hilarious

You should make another

Do you have any doubt? Every single girl I've ever known that looked like her (this is just personal experience with these women) have been lying, manipulative, self centered, and always wanted everyone to feel sorry for them.

Do you have any doubt? Every single girl I've ever known that looked like her (this is just personal experience with these women) have been lying, manipulative, self centered, and always wanted everyone to feel sorry for them.

Hmm I am not really sure

You probably dont want to see my history of women :P

(for some reason they were all bisexual and slightly scene/emo... not  a clue why)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

cannot agree more... and just like the rest of them, i dont care for this one one bit

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

cannot agree more... and just like the rest of them, i dont care for this one one bit

Now I definitely know you're a guy. lol