Quinnspericy: Mod of /r/gaming el_chupacupcake pushed to step down after Zoe Quinn update.

Can we not just forget about it entirely? She is unimportant and just stirring up drama... So is everybody else involved. Don't give drama queens any attention.

Something that Reddit, 4Chan, and a good chunk of the internet in general, can never hope to understand.

A pro tip for the internet "superheroes": DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Steam Greenlight has got to go.

Yeah id agree but it has supplied so many great games, but then again there got to be dat one person who must ruin everything.

That is only 1 proof of what she did. There is a bunch of other evidence such as the Wizardchan threads.

It doesn't matter if she did or didn't do it. What matters is the actions of the people she (according to rumors) had sex with. All of the ones she has been in contact with has acted weirdly, including the Reddit mod who started censoring threads about her after they had talked in private.

No no no no... You're completely missing the GameJam fiasco. A group of developers went out and said "Any woman come up with an idea for a video game, we'll give you concept art so you can pitch your game, and we'll put all the pitches online. The Internet will votes on the best one and we'll make that game and give the profit to charity".

Quinn hated this idea, calling it oppressive and tried to stop it (she got their twitter account banned, doxxed the person holding it and so on). The Fine Young Capitalists went to gaming sites to spread the message, but since they were quite literally busy being in Quinn's pants they refused to publish anything about it. All this is based on 100% facts and evidence. All the content is still up on their website, their account was banned and so on. The only thing that can't be proven is that reporters refused to report on it, but since we don't have any reports on it I am going to take their word for it. I mean, if something like this happened to you wouldn't to contact some gaming site? It's the only natural thing to do, and yet they didn't publish anything about it.

I am not sure about you, but encouraging women to design games and get them published, even though the woman in question might not have any industry contacts or knowledge about making games is not oppressive to women. TFYC gave women a chance and Quinn didn't like that.

Who said anything about it being illegal? I got the feeling that you are not unbiased here because you keep strawmanning. InternetAristocrat even said he doesn't care at all which people she did or didn't sleep with. The issue is that gaming journalists does not seem to have any barrier between their personal life and professional life. As a journalist you shouldn't let outside things influence what you write, no matter what.

You just don't get it. People are not outraged that she had sex with people. Nobody gives a damn that she had sex. What matter is that she is getting special treatment from things like a writer at Kotaku because she had sex with him. It's not the sex that upsets people, it's the things that happens because of the sex.

I will repeat it once more just to make sure you fully understand it. Nobody gives a damn that she had sex with people. It would have been exactly the same in my eyes if she was giving them money, or just being their friend, or anything. If you are a journalist then you shouldn't give certain people special treatment.

Ehh... What? I don't give a damn about the comments in the album. She accused WizardChan for harassing her and she turned all the SJW outlets against them.

The "innocent until proven innocent" card should go both ways, but apparently women are always right when they play the victim card.

I am not a very emotional guy (except for anime... that can make me cry like a little girl). I only look at the facts in those images and all of it points towards Quinn being a terrible human being.

You huge amount of strawmanning and "I will disregard facts because I don't like the way they were presented", indicates that you are in fact biased.

I don't really see how you can classify someone as "a social issue to society" in anything but a bad way.

I am a strong believing in "innocent until proven guilty" as well, but there is a big amount of evidence to support the "quinnspiracy" and that's why I have taken that side on the matter (although new evidence might make me change side).

I don't think it's blown out of proportions either. The integrity of journalists is a very important thing to discuss since it can affect future reports and might have affected past reports as well.

You can blame people like Quinn, Anita and the pseudo feminists at Tumblr (and other SJW sites) for that.

It might not sound like it, but I am a feminist. I am for equal treatment no matter gender/race/sexuality/hair color/etc.

I dislike the pseudo feminists though because they seem to think that you can get gender equality by only focusing on the issues of one gender, no matter how trivial that issue is.

For example I dislike Anita because she is a manipulative bitch who is only out for attention and money, uses flawed logic, lies and do many other disgraceful things to accomplish her goals. I don't dislike her because she is a woman, I dislike her because she is a terrible human being.

First, I would like it to be known that I was not strawmanning, but just giving my initial impressions on all the stories I have been reading about Quinn, and if that came across as strawmanning, I am sorry. It wasn't meant to be. As a side note I actually did not know what strawmanning was until I looked it up on urban dictionary (it was the 1st link that popped up on Google). With that being said, my impressions and opinion on the subject are subject to change. I say that because I have been 'out of the loop' on the news regarding Quinn and the controversial actions.

Regarding the Redditor mod. If I somehow was being flamed on Reddit, I too would want some stuff removed. Especially if it was subject to possible "hate-mail", some of the content deleted off of Reddit was apparently due to the issue of people committing a witch hunt and possibly more doxing. I imagine that this does put the Reddit mod in the gray area, where people will perceive the mod as having ties with Quinn. This is of course a possibility given that they exchanged emails. Although if it was to remove harmful, hate, troll, or witchhunt posts, I am fine with that. Finishing this up I am not fine with the censoring of reviews, and other critical information about the text based linear branching 'game'. In all honestly it is more of an interactive short story instead of a game, but call it what you want. I understand that this puts the mod in a bad light, but I would imagine other mods at Reddit may know more than we do at the moment on why posts are being censored.

Regarding Quinn having sex with reporters. I know that such actions are wrong if it influences writers or journalists in their reporting. That being said I was merely being light hearted about the fact that in the two article the youtube video mentions, it was alleged that the relationship between Nathan and Zoe took place after the fact in writing his article. I would like to point out that two articles don't look two offending, it merely mentions "Depression Quest" as one of the 50 Steam games that got approved by Greenlight. Now if he published an official review stating that the game was fantastic or gave it an unfair advantage in ratting, I would be mad. The only hangup is that I can't find such an article written by him. If he did write such an article it may have been redacted by now. I haven't been following the Quinn scandal closely, so if you manage to find something, please do share, it may change my current opinion (I say this because my comments so far are an initial reaction, I haven't dug through some of the news to know too much about the current situation).

As for the GamesJam issue. I honestly do not have any explanation for that. I find it strange that Quinn may have taken The Fine Young Capitalists campaign down, after all, she is just one person. I don't think one person has enough pull to manage shutting down legitimate Twitter accounts and having a legitimate campaign basically stop right in its tracks. I do support the idea that TFYC had, and am deeply saddened that they got stopped in their tracks. Whether it was Quinn seems like a strange assertion. If there was no offending content linking to their Twitter account, why was it banned. That does not make sense, staff at Twitter could easily go back and check. The only way they would have been banned from Twitter, is if they somehow violated Twitter's TOS. This is the part I find most troubling. It should be an indication to everyone that something doesn't add up. If they TFYC didn't do anything stupid, how could their Twitter account have been banned? Someone from Twitter banned the account for a reason.

Since I haven't followed this story too closely, what special treatment has she received from Kotaku? (this isn't a rhetorical question) I seriously don't know. All I have seen so far that may be offending was a callout in an article stating that "Depression Quest" was 1 of 50 games greenlighted on Steam.

I am not being biased, I gave my initial impressions on the story. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I respect your point of view and taking the time to reply. I just want to know more about the story, since I haven't been following it closely enough to know the 'nitty gritty' of the bigger picture.

As for Wizzardchan, some sources speculate that they released her private information. If that is true, it is obviously wrong (doxing). If it was not true, then maybe Quinn is just using them as a scapegoat. Afterall she is generating publicity for herself and her game. I wouldn't leave it out of the question that this is just an elaborate publicity stunt, given the recent hacking of polytron. If this is a publicity stunt, It has got to be one of the most dramatic I have seen in a long time. I would even ask: "What if all this drama is being caused by some anonymous type group seeking revenge?" The Polytron hacking just seems out of place, unexpected, and strange to say the least. 

Regarding the social issue, I meant society as a whole, but in this case Internet users who spread rumor mills. Us partaking in this discussion would be classified as a problem. We are trying to reason through speculative information. This isn't going to help the truth come out any faster, but rather stir up drama. I also did not disregard facts, I gave a serious question as to their authenticity and intent. Such as, "how do we know thezoepost is actually written by Aaron?" I don't think any reasonable person would go so far as to revenge post like that other that to cause drama and social media attention. As to the Imgur link, I read the snippets in the album, and can say I am conflicted. I don't see how it incriminates her. All I see is Twitter posts of her responding about her alleged harassment. Assuming that she was doxed, then what is the problem with that? And being called a cunt on the Internet isn't something people go up in arms over, Quinn in this case did, and I do believe she went overboard with how she handled the whole situation. 

Regarding strawmanning, to reiterate: it was not intentional, just me giving my initial thoughts about the fiasco. I did not mean for my post to be offensive, but rather questionative about the implications of the 'conspiracy'. And I asked a few logical questions, which haven't been answered yet. 

Note: I do think Quinn was wrong in some ways, and the media is also wrong for favoriting Quinn's game. I had to add this as my reply was fairly lengthy and wordy.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Holy post lengths Batman.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

the video in the OP is quite interesting...

When it comes down to it, we have a trashy woman playing professional victim which is the bread and butter of modern feminism, a crappy game that shouldn't exist, questionable relations, infidelity with her ex, a censorhappy twat of a mod for a site that isn't even good, gaming "journalists", blatantly obvious blame shifting on Wizardchan and even more so with 4chan with the "hacked" messages, another crappy dev that is an arrogant asshat with Fez, white knights who never even touched a pair of breasts in real life that didn't belong to their mother And a whole bunch of other shit greasing the tracks of the clusterfuck roller coaster.

In the end, these people are leaving and nothing of value was lost.

When it comes down to it, we have a trashy woman playing professional victim which is the bread and butter of modern feminism, a crappy game that shouldn't exist, questionable relations, infidelity with her ex, a censorhappy twat of a mod for a site that isn't even good, gaming "journalists", blatantly obvious blame shifting on Wizardchan and even more so with 4chan with the "hacked" messages, another crappy dev that is an arrogant asshat with Fez, white knights who never even touched a pair of breasts in real life that didn't belong to their mother And a whole bunch of other shit greasing the tracks of the clusterfuck roller coaster.

In the end, these people are leaving and nothing of value was lost.

That was a tad hostile, wasn't it?

I have already talked about these points before, but I will repeat them:

1) There is not a single shred of objective information in regards to this controversy. What we have is extremely difficult to find and verify.

2) We are talking about one simpleton person, and pulling ALL of that off, even with the "incentives", is remarkably difficult. Not even legal power (which Zoe lacks) can accomplish this task.

3) Even if all this was true, we are comparing a vocal minority (a laughably small one at that), and shamelessly branding it across the entire spectrum. I have already said this to a certain friend of ours (multiple times).

4) The mere fact that we are talking against such people HELPS their cause. If you look closely at how this is structured, you will realize that it is set up specifically to put the critics at a very awkward situation.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

1) There is not a single shred of objective information in regards to this controversy. What we have is extremely difficult to find and verify.

2) We are talking about one simpleton person, and pulling ALL of that off, even with the "incentives", is remarkable difficult. Not even legal power (which Zoe lacks) can accomplish this task.

3) Even if all this was true, we are comparing a vocal minority (a laughably small one at that), and shamelessly branding it across the entire spectrum. I have already said this to a certain friend of ours (multiple times).

4) The mere fact that we are talking against such people HELPS their cause. If you look closely at how this is structured, you will realize that it is set up specifically to put the critics at a very awkward situation.

I beg to differ. The professional victim complex of feminism and the result of shoddy journalism needs to go away in a bad way. like many others, I was blissfully unaware about any of this. Much like Totalbiscuit, this was a trainwreck that seemed to have come out of nowhere. It's when you start looking around out of curiosity you realize how wrong this is and how such practices should die. The circlejerk party was disrupted and I for one am glad.

2) We are talking about one simpleton person, and pulling ALL of that off, even with the "incentives", is remarkable difficult. Not even legal power (which Zoe lacks) can accomplish this task.

Someone understands my previous comments in this thread. +1

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Whoooo high school on the internet and I still dont give a single shit!

The internet especially the "gaming community" seems to a hyper active high school environment based on rumors and gossip as of late. Once the internet get a hold of something they don't let go until the person basically leaves the internet or they have a fun new toy to play with.

Just make a good game and I'll buy/play it. If you don't I won't done deal.

Also if any of this was really a concern do something in real life about it not all the petty internet BS.

Regarding Quinn having sex with reporters. I know that such actions are wrong if it influences writers or journalists in their reporting. That being said I was merely being light hearted about the fact that in the two article the youtube video mentions, it was alleged that the relationship between Nathan and Zoe took place after the fact in writing his article. I would like to point out that two articles don't look two offending, it merely mentions "Depression Quest" as one of the 50 Steam games that got approved by Greenlight. Now if he published an official review stating that the game was fantastic or gave it an unfair advantage in ratting, I would be mad. The only hangup is that I can't find such an article written by him. If he did write such an article it may have been redacted by now. I haven't been following the Quinn scandal closely, so if you manage to find something, please do share, it may change my current opinion (I say this because my comments so far are an initial reaction, I haven't dug through some of the news to know too much about the current situation).

It's not just about what was written about it, it's what WASN'T being written about, for example the competitor TFYC is holding. Reporters have taken Quinn's side and refused to report on the issue where Quinn is obviously wrong.

A lot of reporters have also taken her side and wrote favorable things about her and her game when she was "harassed" by WizardChan even though she had no proof and it didn't really make any sense.

As for the GamesJam issue. I honestly do not have any explanation for that. I find it strange that Quinn may have taken The Fine Young Capitalists campaign down, after all, she is just one person. I don't think one person has enough pull to manage shutting down legitimate Twitter accounts and having a legitimate campaign basically stop right in its tracks. I do support the idea that TFYC had, and am deeply saddened that they got stopped in their tracks. Whether it was Quinn seems like a strange assertion. If there was no offending content linking to their Twitter account, why was it banned. That does not make sense, staff at Twitter could easily go back and check. The only way they would have been banned from Twitter, is if they somehow violated Twitter's TOS. This is the part I find most troubling. It should be an indication to everyone that something doesn't add up. If they TFYC didn't do anything stupid, how could their Twitter account have been banned? Someone from Twitter banned the account for a reason.

But she is not just one person. She has the support from the entire SJW group (along them are people like Anita). These high profile SJWs can just point their finger and say "that's sexist" and thousands of people will attack whatever they pointed at.

TFYC has uploaded an explanation on SoundCloud. The twitter storm they are referring to was caused by Quinn calling the project sexist because they "were making women work for free" and transfobic because they required the submissions to be made by someone who identified as a woman before a certain date (to prevent men from just going "hey I identify as a woman, publish my game!").

Believe it or not, but you can actually do some pretty impressive things when you got thousands and thousands of people following your commands.

Since I haven't followed this story too closely, what special treatment has she received from Kotaku? (this isn't a rhetorical question) I seriously don't know. All I have seen so far that may be offending was a callout in an article stating that "Depression Quest" was 1 of 50 games greenlighted on Steam.

Refusal to write anything negative about her is special treatment.

I was going to write more in the reply to your post but honestly it's just better if you just read through the KnowYourMeme page. It has a summary of all the events, links to proof and so on. I strongly recommend you look at for example the tweets Phil and Quinn posted about TB after he made this tweet (which has nothing negative about Quinn).

If you can read through all the horrible things Quinn has done/said and still find any reason to defend her then I don't know what to say. In my eyes she has done so many things wrong and do not deserve any defending whatsoever. She deserves 100% of all the crap she is getting right now.

She ain't even that good looking.

She looks like some angsty little bitch if you ask me. 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

Fucking disgusting shit, man. Good thing i've steered clear of kotaku and its sister sites ever since i first read a patricia hernandez (?) article.

The world has gone to shit when even something as hobby like as pc gaming is subject to such perverse corruption.

Fuck everyone even attempting to defend her.

Did you WATCH the fucking video and READ the ex's blog, and then read her fucking response? 'Guys who i had sex with to get to this position doesnt matter, what matters is i'm important now so ignore him'. She even tries to make it seem ambiguous (she says its his claims, when he has evidence all over the fucking blog). Absolute fucking bullshit. Shes a piece of shit who did shitty things and we have proof of said things, which affect us all in some form - dont fucking defend her mate, shes already got swarms of white knights and feminazis at her beck and call, a decent person doesn't need to fall for her bullshit.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

Fucking disgusting shit, man. Good thing i've steered clear of kotaku and its sister sites ever since i first read a patricia hernandez (?) article.

The world has gone to shit when even something as hobby like as pc gaming is subject to such perverse corruption.

Fuck everyone even attempting to defend her.

Did you WATCH the fucking video and READ the ex's blog, and then read her fucking response? 'Guys who i had sex with to get to this position doesnt matter, what matters is i'm important now so ignore him'. She even tries to make it seem ambiguous (she says its his claims, when he has evidence all over the fucking blog). Absolute fucking bullshit. Shes a piece of shit who did shitty things and we have proof of said things, which affect us all in some form - dont fucking defend her mate, shes already got swarms of white knights and feminazis at her beck and call, a decent person doesn't need to fall for her bullshit.

Well, you are such a nice person...

I am not defending her in any way shape or form, and if you believe otherwise, then there is something wrong with you! I am simply being realistic about what is out there on the table. My point was that there is so many lies from BOTH pro-feminist and anti-feminist manchildren that there is NOTHING that we can draw from. Please don't tell me that a youtube video and blogs on the internet is considered a viable source of information, because it is not. It makes people draw parallels where they do not exist, which is exactly what happened here. I do not like the "modern feminists" at all, but there is NO REASON to hate them to the extent that you do. As troublesome as Zoe is, we are still talking about ONE SINGLE PERSON that does not even have any political power. Has it ever crossed your mind how difficult it is to have all these events occur under Zoe's hands? I didn't think so! Once you bring us a source of information that actually means something, then we will talk.

The general "anti-Sarkeesian" arguments have so many logic holes that it is facepalm worthy. Do not get me started here....

At this point, I'm on the side of @ionbasa, @TheProfosist, TotalBiscuit, and AngryJoe; this is a much bigger argument than it needs to be. It is people like you that give Quinn, Anita and the others a reason to do what they do. They have baited you, and you have fallen for it. It is as simple as that.

I am not defending her in any way shape or form, and if you believe otherwise, then there is something wrong with you! I am simply being realistic about what is out there on the table. My point was that there is so many lies from BOTH pro-feminist and anti-feminist manchildren that there is NOTHING that we can draw from. Please don't tell me that a youtube video and blogs on the internet is considered a viable source of information, because it is not. It makes people draw parallels where they do not exist, which is exactly what happened here. I do not like the "modern feminists" at all, but there is NO REASON to hate them to the extent that you do. As troublesome as Zoe is, we are still talking about ONE SINGLE PERSON that does not even have any political power. Has it ever crossed your mind how difficult it is to have all these events occur under Zoe's hands? I didn't think so! Once you bring us a source of information that actually means something, then we will talk.

The general "anti-Sarkeesian" arguments have so many logic holes that it is facepalm worthy. Do not get me started here....

At this point, I'm on the side of @ionbasa, @TheProfosist, TotalBiscuit, and AngryJoe; this is a much bigger argument than it needs to be. It is people like you that give Quinn, Anita and the others a reason to do what they do. They have baited you, and you have fallen for it. It is as simple as that.

Ehh... You do realize that TB is being attacked by Quinn, Fish and many people in their SJW army, right? He is being attacked because of the longtweet he posted.

There are reasons to hate them as well. Quinn is actively trying to hinder females from getting their games published. She is actively trying to frame people for illegal acts. She does have quite a lot of power behind her because she got people like Anita and a while army of blind SJW sheep attacking anything they point their fingers at (like TotalBiscuit for example).

I dont hate feminists dude. Womans rights are fucking important, no doubt. I come from a conservative thinking family, and my mother was the first known woman in my family to go to university. I understand the issues women face well enough to have an opinion i can share. The problem is when people CREATE problems that dont exist. More men play videogames (traditional ones, anyway) than women. Its not just a stigma, its a fucking fact. When people develop games, they develop for an audience. That audience is mostly male, so it makes sense that videogames cater mostly for males. The videogames that women loved, notably pacman (past) nintendogs (recent past) and candy crush (present) are basically apples and oranges, there is no 'formula' for women gamers in the same way there is for men (princess castle cars cod etc. etc.) so its more difficult to develop for this smaller audience. Thats my take anyway.

Its so fucking stupid what you are saying. Go to the fucking ex's blog, he shows a video where he proves he was talking to zoe with her old facebook and all the logs are real by showing the messages and her old username. She doesn't deny anything at all, she simply says its none of anyones business - potential conflict of interest, censorship of criticism (reddit guy known to have been talking with her same time all messages got deleted) and her being a lying bitch who is taking money from rebel jam into her PERSONAL ACCOUNT which she also accepts tips to? Thats OUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

Anita sarkeesian is a dumb bitch, but she has no clue what shes talking about so i just ignore her. This is an INDIE DEV, participating in censorship and brushing off conflict of interest like its a fucking fly on her shirt. Kotaku REFUSE to have coverage of her scandal, along with all these outlets. I cant fucking wait for a patricia hernandez (?) article on how everyone is a mysoginist - theres already one here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/22/gaming-misogyny-gets-infinite-lives-zoe-quinn-virtual-rape-and-sexism.html

Notice how fucking one sided it is, and how the ex was actually trying to show her character and her possible fuck-for-favours relationship with prominent members of the gaming industry, and yet hes now being accused of being a petty guy trying to shame his ex? Fucking hell, reading his blog you can see exactly how much he liked this girl and just how much she fucking threw it in his face - regardless of whether it was ethical or moral or whatever to show this shit to the world, we should be concerned much more about how this bitch has fucked us all over, not about this poor guys attempt to do right by the community. There are two sides to every story, no one wants their shit dragged out like this, sure she can complain but to brush the shit off as if its nothing? pisses me off to no end, and the thing is she is doing this behind the scenes.

Get that? She is doing it without it being known to us. Giving it publicity allows everyone to see how she fucked us over. Not giving it publicity allows her and others like her to exploit this corruptness with her sex, and probably finances, because if they can sell out to sex surely they can sell out for money. We are all fucked if we continue to ignore this and allow this to become ok as long as its not public.

Please, actually WATCH the fucking videos (2 now) and READ the fucking blog before dismissing them, and fucking accept the facts instead of brushing it aside.

Everything said by me is my humble opinion and nothing more, unless otherwise stated.

I dont hate feminists dude. Womans rights are fucking important, no doubt. I come from a conservative thinking family, and my mother was the first known woman in my family to go to university. I understand the issues women face well enough to have an opinion i can share. The problem is when people CREATE problems that dont exist. More men play videogames (traditional ones, anyway) than women. Its not just a stigma, its a fucking fact. When people develop games, they develop for an audience. That audience is mostly male, so it makes sense that videogames cater mostly for males. The videogames that women loved, notably pacman (past) nintendogs (recent past) and candy crush (present) are basically apples and oranges, there is no 'formula' for women gamers in the same way there is for men (princess castle cars cod etc. etc.) so its more difficult to develop for this smaller audience. Thats my take anyway.

Its so fucking stupid what you are saying. Go to the fucking ex's blog, he shows a video where he proves he was talking to zoe with her old facebook and all the logs are real by showing the messages and her old username. She doesn't deny anything at all, she simply says its none of anyones business - potential conflict of interest, censorship of criticism (reddit guy known to have been talking with her same time all messages got deleted) and her being a lying bitch who is taking money from rebel jam into her PERSONAL ACCOUNT which she also accepts tips to? Thats OUR FUCKING BUSINESS.

Anita sarkeesian is a dumb bitch, but she has no clue what shes talking about so i just ignore her. This is an INDIE DEV, participating in censorship and brushing off conflict of interest like its a fucking fly on her shirt. Kotaku REFUSE to have coverage of her scandal, along with all these outlets. I cant fucking wait for a patricia hernandez (?) article on how everyone is a mysoginist - theres already one here.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/22/gaming-misogyny-gets-infinite-lives-zoe-quinn-virtual-rape-and-sexism.html

Notice how fucking one sided it is, and how the ex was actually trying to show her character and her possible fuck-for-favours relationship with prominent members of the gaming industry, and yet hes now being accused of being a petty guy trying to shame his ex? Fucking hell, reading his blog you can see exactly how much he liked this girl and just how much she fucking threw it in his face - regardless of whether it was ethical or moral or whatever to show this shit to the world, we should be concerned much more about how this bitch has fucked us all over, not about this poor guys attempt to do right by the community. There are two sides to every story, no one wants their shit dragged out like this, sure she can complain but to brush the shit off as if its nothing? pisses me off to no end, and the thing is she is doing this behind the scenes.

Get that? She is doing it without it being known to us. Giving it publicity allows everyone to see how she fucked us over. Not giving it publicity allows her and others like her to exploit this corruptness with her sex, and probably finances, because if they can sell out to sex surely they can sell out for money. We are all fucked if we continue to ignore this and allow this to become ok as long as its not public.

Please, actually WATCH the fucking videos (2 now) and READ the fucking blog before dismissing them, and fucking accept the facts instead of brushing it aside.

Now you are just drawing hyperbolies as "facts". And you are rather a hypocrite for calling them "one-sided", considering that you have not accepted a single merit of their argument, and brushed them off as "typical of modern feminism". Let me repeat: there is no objective information in regards to this controversy. All we have is anecdotes, hyperbole, and hearsay, and that is it. If there is no objective information available, then neither side of the argument have any grounds, which renders the entire debate pointless.

Here is what TB says about the delimma in a nutshell (CITATION: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s4nmr1)

The problem is this. Even after reading a ton of info on this, I still have no idea how much of it is true, how much of the controversy is genuine concern about the state of the industry and how much is just rabble-rousing for the sake of it.

Here is the problem, when you criticize people like Quinn, it ends up escalating the drama and you get used as a citation to prove her point. You really want to solve this problem? Then don't speak of it. Let it fade to obscurity. Like I said, a big component of this is a troll bait, that many people (like you) keep falling for. The principle of what they do relies more on an aggressive feedback rather than a passive one. If we, as a whole, are passive about this, then what benefit do they get then for engaging in this activity? The practical answer is absolutely nothing. 

Here is one thing I want to make especially clear: the problems that you are citing are not exclusive to anything. It happens EVERYWHERE. But just because this involves "feminism", it puts many people into instant rage mode. When people make a problem out of a trivial circumstance, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE YOURSELF!

Here is an advice for you; don't allow this "modern feminism" nonsense to impair your judgement.

Also improve the format of your posts so that it will be easier to read. That post was an absolute mess.

It's not just about what was written about it, it's what WASN'T being written about, for example the competitor TFYC is holding. Reporters have taken Quinn's side and refused to report on the issue where Quinn is obviously wrong.

A lot of reporters have also taken her side and wrote favorable things about her and her game when she was "harassed" by WizardChan even though she had no proof and it didn't really make any sense.

But she is not just one person. She has the support from the entire SJW group (along them are people like Anita). These high profile SJWs can just point their finger and say "that's sexist" and thousands of people will attack whatever they pointed at.

TFYC has uploaded an explanation on SoundCloud. The twitter storm they are referring to was caused by Quinn calling the project sexist because they "were making women work for free" and transfobic because they required the submissions to be made by someone who identified as a woman before a certain date (to prevent men from just going "hey I identify as a woman, publish my game!").

Believe it or not, but you can actually do some pretty impressive things when you got thousands and thousands of people following your commands.

Refusal to write anything negative about her is special treatment.

I was going to write more in the reply to your post but honestly it's just better if you just read through the KnowYourMeme page. It has a summary of all the events, links to proof and so on. I strongly recommend you look at for example the tweets Phil and Quinn posted about TB after he made this tweet (which has nothing negative about Quinn).

If you can read through all the horrible things Quinn has done/said and still find any reason to defend her then I don't know what to say. In my eyes she has done so many things wrong and do not deserve any defending whatsoever. She deserves 100% of all the crap she is getting right now.

Ok. So after reading more about the TotalBiscuit scandal, everyone is resorting to weird behavior. Interesting. Especially the way Phil responded. You would think that an dev involved in a well known game, FEZ, would be a bit more professional.

The more I read about it, the more the story gets hilariously bad. By that I mean the amount of $hit that has been going on between everyone. And the thought that the Mens RIghts Activists are using this as a harassment tactic against feminists.

In my eyes this is becoming pure comedy. As of now, I am sitting back watching the train wreck, and taking sips of my beer. 

Hopefully whoever is to blame received their punishment. And I mean everyone involved in conspiring with Quinn.

hen you criticize people like Quinn, it ends up escalating the drama and you get used as a citation to prove her point. You really want to solve this problem? Then don't speak of it. 

Wrong: Before this "news" items and links I had no fucking idea who Quinn was. Now I know enough to stay the fuck away from everything she does, plus is nice to have a confirmed Kotaku bias story (because Kotaku acknowledges they did fucked and just used the timeline to try to sidestep an otherwise serious accusation) on top of all the bullshit we couldn't confirm but was pretty damn obvious bias, we can basically now do a [kotaku] tag just like we use for [wccf] to mark it as utter fucking bullshit that should be avoided at every turn, perhaps even with moderation on this news section.

None of that would have happened with your attitude of "Don't speak of it"

-------

Current Rig

-------

Wrong: Before this "news" items and links I had no fucking idea who Quinn was. Now I know enough to stay the fuck away from everything she does, plus is nice to have a confirmed Kotaku bias story (because Kotaku acknowledges they did fucked and just used the timeline to try to sidestep an otherwise serious accusation) on top of all the bullshit we couldn't confirm but was pretty damn obvious bias, we can basically now do a [kotaku] tag just like we use for [wccf] to mark it as utter fucking bullshit that should be avoided at every turn, perhaps even with moderation on this news section.

None of that would have happened with your attitude of "Don't speak of it"

Cherry picking much? You ignored basically everything else I said, just to prove your distrust on anybody that comes anywhere close to supporting the "modern feminists". All of this vitriol both for and against these people is nothing more than mindless herd thinking, and that hostile attitude of yours is not convincing me otherwise. If you do not like what Zoe and the others are doing, then at least be constructive and try to take a devil's advocate POV (I am getting tired of repeating this). If you quickly jump to avoiding having anything to do with with her, based on some sensationalist headlines, then go create your own MRA and complain there.

So to sum all of this up: CTFD or GTFO. Your choice.

Cherry picking much? You ignored basically everything else I said, just to prove your distrust on anybody that comes anywhere close to supporting the "modern feminists". All of this vitriol both for and against these people is nothing more than mindless herd thinking, and that hostile attitude of yours is not convincing me otherwise. If you do not like what Zoe and the others are doing, then at least be constructive and try to take a devil's advocate POV (I am getting tired of repeating this). If you quickly jump to avoiding anything having to to with her, based on some sensationalist headlines, then go create your own MRA and complain there.

So to sum all of this up: CTFD or GTFO. Your choice.

This is why I don't want to be involved: people putting words in my mouths and making automatic assumptions. Take for example Jim Sterling: I love his stuff but he's flat out biased and wrong in this because of his closeness to Quinn. He made a rather fucking stupid tweet about how he doesn't think sex between people necessarily implies a bias and henceforth an impropriety. For a guy who's usually always on point he chosen a rather lame rationalization in this case and should have left this as "Because I personally know her and she has invited me to do voice work in future games I cannot comment on this news items other than to say I am in no way involved here"

I still appreciate a lot of what he says because of his usually brutal but fair criticism on the industry bullshit and yes even his rather astute observations on Social Justice stuff. I even think that a lot of what has been said about Anita is rather stupid ad hominem when some of the points she made are actually fair. But if I don't immediately and unconditionally support all feminist and think a shitty person like Quinn can be called out and SHOULD be called out by other feminists for undermining their efforts, I get the level of accusations and bullshit like what you're throwing at me here.

I don't want to be involved with anything she does for the aforementioned reasons, and while I personally think she should be denounced by other feminists to avoid guilt by association, it's not my call to make since it's not my cause (I am a mostly straight Male after all)

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is why I don't want to be involved: people putting words in my mouths and making automatic assumptions. Take for example Jim Sterling: I love his stuff but he's flat out biased and wrong in this because of his closeness to Quinn. He made a rather fucking stupid tweet about how he doesn't think sex between people necessarily implies a bias and henceforth an impropriety. For a guy who's usually always on point he chosen a rather lame rationalization in this case and should have left this as "Because I personally know her and she has invited me to do voice work in future games I cannot comment on this news items other than to say I am in no way involved here"

I still appreciate a lot of what he says because of his usually brutal but fair criticism on the industry bullshit and yes even his rather astute observations on Social Justice stuff. I even think that a lot of what has been said about Anita is rather stupid ad hominem when some of the points she made are actually fair. But if I don't immediately and unconditionally support all feminist and think a shitty person like Quinn can be called out and SHOULD be called out by other feminists for undermining their efforts, I get the level of accusations and bullshit like what you're throwing at me here.

I don't want to be involved with anything she does for the aforementioned reasons, and while I personally think she should be denounced by other feminists to avoid guilt by association, it's not my call to make since it's not my cause (I am a mostly straight Male after all)

Like I said, that digital mentality is not going to help anyone. You are making quite out there assumptions yourself.

Because I disagree with your approach of the problem, that automatically makes me a Quinn supporter? No It doesn't; I have my own Issues with her side of the story. What I am against, however, is instant ad hominem upon the news breaking, before any solid evidence is out on the table. Considering the nature of the controversy, literally a case of he-said she-said, that is unlikely to ever happen, and for that reason, I refuse to take either side of the discussion. I do not care which side you take. If you support Zoe Quinn Apple-style, then I will call you out. If you hate her to the teeth, then I will still call you out. 

Because of the "proven" (not really) case of Kotaku taking bribes to be on Quinn's side, that makes the entire format biased? On the specific case, it is stereotyping based on miscommunication. On the general basis, it is a statement of the obvious.

On your claim of getting shot down by feminazis, the general reality is the exact opposite. A lot of people would like to speak their minds about the incoherence of the complaints against Anita and similar people, but they end up not saying anything, out of fear of confronting vile temper tantrums and have their privacy/security compromised by people who have nothing better to do. As you can tell, this does not hold me back.