Quinnspericy: Mod of /r/gaming el_chupacupcake pushed to step down after Zoe Quinn update.

has been posted yesterday + a video explaining everything

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Now I definitely know you're a guy. lol

did you think i was a girl? 0.o

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

did you think i was a girl? 0.o

Well I know you claim to be a guy, but sometimes you've made statements that made me think otherwise, that coupled with your profile pic etc. Figured you did like many girls and claim to be a guy to avoid harassment

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I think this is a big deal because it shows that (at least some) "gaming journalists" do not have any integrity whatsoever. I haven't trusted website like Kotaku or RPS ever, but a lot of people does and we should therefore be critical of them.

---

OK, think what you want. Do you have any concrete evidence to share with us? 

I'd be more concerned if this was a AAA or AA+ game. Instead you are worrying about an online text based game and whether or not she slept with journalists. Yes manipulation of the media is bad, but this "quinspiericy" stories are nothing but smoke and mirrors fuelf by angry redditors. Until you can link me to proof (not claims or accusations), otherwise I stand by my previous comment in that she did nothing wrong.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Well I know you claim to be a guy, but sometimes you've made statements that made me think otherwise, that coupled with your profile pic etc. Figured you did like many girls and claim to be a guy to avoid harassment

Actually my girlfriend does sometimes use this account, and since most of the stuff here we share the same opinion about, i dont really mind :P 

you can link me some of these comments and ill tell you if you are good at differentiating us xD

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Actually my girlfriend does sometimes use this account, and since most of the stuff here we share the same opinion about, i dont really mind :P

you can link me some of these comments and ill tell you if you are good at differentiating us xD

I honestly can't think of anything atm. I've just always had a suspicion lol

I honestly can't think of anything atm. I've just always had a suspicion lol

good on you ;) now you know. 

ionbasa if you think she did nothing wrong then you are wrong.  It seems likely she had YouTube take down certain horrid reviews of her game.  That in itself is wrong.  Censorship is bad.

Btw I decided to write this Zoe and let her know I hope the truth comes out and if she did some of the things she is accused of doing well it is disgusting.  

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

OK, think what you want. Do you have any concrete evidence to share with us? 

I'd be more concerned if this was a AAA or AA+ game. Instead you are worrying about an online text based game and whether or not she slept with journalists. Yes manipulation of the media is bad, but this "quinspiericy" stories are nothing but smoke and mirrors fuelf by angry redditors. Until you can link me to proof (not claims or accusations), otherwise I stand by my previous comment in that she did nothing wrong.

Sure, we got testimonies from her ex-boyfriend, YouTube videos being taken down, wizardchan threads saved and twitter posts all supporting this.

I am strongly for "innocent until proven guilty", but here we got someone being accused (with strong evidence supporting the accusations), and then we get censorship from the people she has contacted (like the Reddit mod and writers for different gaming sites).

Manipulating journalists to either silence them or talk about something in a favorable light is very, very wrong. If you are a journalist then you should be unbiased and have a very strong separation of your personal life and work. This clearly demonstrates that gaming journalism is a joke. I suggest you watch this video and read this imgur album, and please try to stay unbiased. She does not deserve any special treatment because she is a woman (she has played the "I am being harassed because I as a woman!" card before, don't let it affect you).

Steam Greenlight has got to go.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Well, I think its only fair if she sleeps with everyone who bought the game.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well, I think its only fair if she sleeps with everyone who bought the game.

Calm down, Satan. Don't you think the poor souls who bought the game have been punished enough?

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Calm down, Satan. Don't you think the poor souls who bought the game have been punished enough?

Share or go bare.

hahahah

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

1) The gaming getting through greenlight is literally meaningless at this point. Greenlight has become a factory of slag. 

2) The allegations of her sleeping with games journalists have not been proven, the only "evidence" that has been presented are allegations by her jaded ex and the fact that she communicated with some of them on twitter. If I had slept with every girl I've talked to on twitter I would be a happy man. 

3) This situation was not created by Zoe, it was created by a jaded ex boyfriend who knows the internet can be a monster that will run with anything you feed it if it fits in to the way they want things to be. Some people didn't like that Depression Quest was getting good reviews, they wanted a reason for those reviews to be bullshit, and they were fed one and ran with it.

This^

2) The allegations of her sleeping with games journalists have not been proven, the only "evidence" that has been presented are allegations by her jaded ex and the fact that she communicated with some of them on twitter. If I had slept with every girl I've talked to on twitter I would be a happy man. 

I think the ex-boyfriend posted chat logs with Zoe where she admitted to cheating on him with other indie devs and games journalist. Admittedly, that's hardly concrete evidence. However, it's been pretty much verified that she's been involved with Nathan Grayson from Kotaku(one of the people claimed by her ex), as evidenced by Kotaku's own article that came out two days ago. They say that they've discussed the issue with Nathan and that they believe him when he claimed that his relationship with Zoe took place after he wrote an article that mentioned her. Does it necessarily prove that she slept with the other four guys? Not really, but I am led to wonder what other things her ex is true about, if he was correct about Nathan.

For what it's worth, even I'm not fully sold on believing "sex exchanged for media coverage". At least in the case of Nathan Grayson, the only article he wrote mentioning Zoe was one that mentioned Depression Quest in passing. However, this is only half the issue. I think the matter of who's been filing copyright claims to take down youtube vids and articles of the 'Quinnspiracy' is just as important. Plus, there's also the discussion of whether Zoe Quinn was ever actually doxxed, either before Depression Quest's "fame" or within the last few days. (I haven't really had the time to read up the 'proof' offered by people for this)

I'm of TotalBiscuit's mindset here; there is too much false "information" at both sides of the argument to construct a valid conclusion. All we have so far are pre-conceived notions, and nothing more than that.

It could be Zoe pulling all the guns, and tarnishing the reputation of many people as collateral damage. While it is indeed immoral, we are talking about a measly one person here. And that person does not even have any political power.

But it could also be the internets perfect excuse to denounce feminism as a whole, which i do not approve of. There is a thing called a "vocal minority". It applies to feminism the same way that it does PC elitism.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

ionbasa if you think she did nothing wrong then you are wrong.  It seems likely she had YouTube take down certain horrid reviews of her game.  That in itself is wrong.  Censorship is bad.

Btw I decided to write this Zoe and let her know I hope the truth comes out and if she did some of the things she is accused of doing well it is disgusting.  

Ok, I was initially referring to only the Reddit witch hunt ordeal at first. Yes, censorship is wrong, I never said she did "nothing' wrong. But rather that this story is being blown out of proportion. I don't agree with Censorship, and that is something I would fault her for. 

As for sex in return of favors, I don't buy it. There is too much speculation for that to even be news worthy, not enough concrete details for it to be reasonable, in my opinion.

Sure, we got testimonies from her ex-boyfriend, YouTube videos being taken down, wizardchan threads saved and twitter posts all supporting this.

I am strongly for "innocent until proven guilty", but here we got someone being accused (with strong evidence supporting the accusations), and then we get censorship from the people she has contacted (like the Reddit mod and writers for different gaming sites).

Manipulating journalists to either silence them or talk about something in a favorable light is very, very wrong. If you are a journalist then you should be unbiased and have a very strong separation of your personal life and work. This clearly demonstrates that gaming journalism is a joke. I suggest you watch this video and read this imgur album, and please try to stay unbiased. She does not deserve any special treatment because she is a woman (she has played the "I am being harassed because I as a woman!" card before, don't let it affect you).

So how do we know that "thezoepost" is actually written by Aaron, her ex-boyfriend? If it is written by Aaron, the blog seems more like revenge posting than anything.

We don't know that she had sex with 5 guys...At least for sure. There is bound to be rumors in any workplace and job environment. Hell, at my internship at a ISP, I walked into work one morning and one of my co-workers were gossiping about the possibility of one or female managers having an affair with one of the senior managers. Of course it was all rumor mill. That being said, she could have had sex with 5 guys, doesn't mean she actually did so.

Regarding the two articles by Nathan specifically in the video you linked me two: The first article is about a game dev show, which was referenced from Indie Statik, and the second article was about new games that were on greenlight. So apparently it is illegal to reference anything involving "Depression Quest" /sarcasm. I don't get the big deal. A writer points out an interesting game. InternetAristocrat's only backing of why these articles are shameful is because of Zoe having sexual relations. Something which can be disputed.

I guess what I am trying to say is that most stories and news involving Zoe focus on the sexual aspect of the conspiracy, and use that to promote the other claims of censorship. That is not ok, exploiting an rumor as a basis for quantifying her censorship of content is not ok in my opinion. The media and community is exploiting that one detail to further their campaign in her censorship.

TLDR: What she is doing wrong, such a censorship, but the media/community is wrong for cherry picking the sexual aspect to promote their anti-Zoe campaign. Personally I wouldn't mind it if people/news/Reddit/whathaveyou just focused on the bigger issue of her censorship rather than pinpointing it all on the sexual aspect of the story.

Most of the 'news' I read is based off of manipulating people's emotions on the sexual aspect of the scandal, and that doesn't incite good news reporting (in my opinion). 

In conclusion: she is wrong and should be ashamed for some of the things she did, but the media outlets and social media are at fault too. I do hope the truth does come out on this though.

PS: The imgur link you sent me is meant to manipulate people's emotions. Go read the Twitter snippets without reading the OPs comments. Then go back and read the comments in the album. I would have to say that both Zoe and the community are at fault. The best analogy I could think of to describe the situation is a pizza fight at a high school cafeteria, both side are taking aim at one another, and both sides are to blame. 

Personally I am trying not to follow this news too closely, and as such I am being open minded about the whole situation. Like you I am a strong believer in "innocent until proven guilty", but only time will tell the true circumstances of the 'conspiracy'. For now I want to distance myself from the story, and most people should do the same. I do not need any extra drama to follow in my life, and for people who do love to follow this type of drama: they are categorized as a social issue to society. I don't mean that in a bad way, just what I learned from my college sociology class, spreading the rumors and accusations helps no one. It justs make the whole thing blow out of proportion.

Sorry for the long winded reply. I don't usually write a small essay when replying. I just needed to clarify my position.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

- snip -

TL;DR  Zoe has pulled some incredibly idiotic moves, but the media (and the internet) is using it as an excuse to denounce the overall existence of feminists.

The fact alone that feminism now carries a negative connotation, makes my blood boil.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

So how do we know that "thezoepost" is actually written by Aaron, her ex-boyfriend? If it is written by Aaron, the blog seems more like revenge posting than anything.

That is only 1 proof of what she did. There is a bunch of other evidence such as the Wizardchan threads.

We don't know that she had sex with 5 guys...At least for sure. There is bound to be rumors in any workplace and job environment. Hell, at my internship at a ISP, I walked into work one morning and one of my co-workers were gossiping about the possibility of one or female managers having an affair with one of the senior managers. Of course it was all rumor mill. That being said, she could have had sex with 5 guys, doesn't mean she actually did so.

It doesn't matter if she did or didn't do it. What matters is the actions of the people she (according to rumors) had sex with. All of the ones she has been in contact with has acted weirdly, including the Reddit mod who started censoring threads about her after they had talked in private.

Regarding the two articles by Nathan specifically in the video you linked me two: The first article is about a game dev show, which was referenced from Indie Statik, and the second article was about new games that were on greenlight. So apparently it is illegal to reference anything involving "Depression Quest" /sarcasm. I don't get the big deal. A writer points out an interesting game. InternetAristocrat's only backing of why these articles are shameful is because of Zoe having sexual relations. Something which can be disputed.

No no no no... You're completely missing the GameJam fiasco. A group of developers went out and said "Any woman come up with an idea for a video game, we'll give you concept art so you can pitch your game, and we'll put all the pitches online. The Internet will votes on the best one and we'll make that game and give the profit to charity".

Quinn hated this idea, calling it oppressive and tried to stop it (she got their twitter account banned, doxxed the person holding it and so on). The Fine Young Capitalists went to gaming sites to spread the message, but since they were quite literally busy being in Quinn's pants they refused to publish anything about it. All this is based on 100% facts and evidence. All the content is still up on their website, their account was banned and so on. The only thing that can't be proven is that reporters refused to report on it, but since we don't have any reports on it I am going to take their word for it. I mean, if something like this happened to you wouldn't to contact some gaming site? It's the only natural thing to do, and yet they didn't publish anything about it.

I am not sure about you, but encouraging women to design games and get them published, even though the woman in question might not have any industry contacts or knowledge about making games is not oppressive to women. TFYC gave women a chance and Quinn didn't like that.

Who said anything about it being illegal? I got the feeling that you are not unbiased here because you keep strawmanning. InternetAristocrat even said he doesn't care at all which people she did or didn't sleep with. The issue is that gaming journalists does not seem to have any barrier between their personal life and professional life. As a journalist you shouldn't let outside things influence what you write, no matter what.

TLDR: What she is doing wrong, such a censorship, but the media/community is wrong for cherry picking the sexual aspect to promote their anti-Zoe campaign. Personally I wouldn't mind it if people/news/Reddit/whathaveyou just focused on the bigger issue of her censorship rather than pinpointing it all on the sexual aspect of the story.

You just don't get it. People are not outraged that she had sex with people. Nobody gives a damn that she had sex. What matter is that she is getting special treatment from things like a writer at Kotaku because she had sex with him. It's not the sex that upsets people, it's the things that happens because of the sex.

I will repeat it once more just to make sure you fully understand it. Nobody gives a damn that she had sex with people. It would have been exactly the same in my eyes if she was giving them money, or just being their friend, or anything. If you are a journalist then you shouldn't give certain people special treatment.

PS: The imgur link you sent me is meant to manipulate people's emotions. Go read the Twitter snippets without reading the OPs comments. Then go back and read the comments in the album. I would have to say that both Zoe and the community are at fault. The best analogy I could think of to describe the situation is a pizza fight at a high school cafeteria, both side are taking aim at one another, and both sides are to blame.

Ehh... What? I don't give a damn about the comments in the album. She accused WizardChan for harassing her and she turned all the SJW outlets against them.

The "innocent until proven innocent" card should go both ways, but apparently women are always right when they play the victim card.

I am not a very emotional guy (except for anime... that can make me cry like a little girl). I only look at the facts in those images and all of it points towards Quinn being a terrible human being.

Personally I am trying not to follow this news too closely, and as such I am being open minded about the whole situation. Like you I am a strong believer in "innocent until proven guilty", but only time will tell the true circumstances of the 'conspiracy'. For now I want to distance myself from the story, and most people should do the same. I do not need any extra drama to follow in my life, and for people who do love to follow this type of drama: they are categorized as a social issue to society. I don't mean that in a bad way, just what I learned from my college sociology class, spreading the rumors and accusations helps no one. It justs make the whole thing blow out of proportion.

You huge amount of strawmanning and "I will disregard facts because I don't like the way they were presented", indicates that you are in fact biased.

I don't really see how you can classify someone as "a social issue to society" in anything but a bad way.

I am a strong believing in "innocent until proven guilty" as well, but there is a big amount of evidence to support the "quinnspiracy" and that's why I have taken that side on the matter (although new evidence might make me change side).

I don't think it's blown out of proportions either. The integrity of journalists is a very important thing to discuss since it can affect future reports and might have affected past reports as well.

TL;DR  Zoe has pulled some incredibly idiotic moves, but the media (and the internet) is using it as an excuse to denounce the overall existence of feminists.

The fact alone that feminism now carries a negative connotation, makes my blood boil.

You can blame people like Quinn, Anita and the pseudo feminists at Tumblr (and other SJW sites) for that.

It might not sound like it, but I am a feminist. I am for equal treatment no matter gender/race/sexuality/hair color/etc.

I dislike the pseudo feminists though because they seem to think that you can get gender equality by only focusing on the issues of one gender, no matter how trivial that issue is.

For example I dislike Anita because she is a manipulative bitch who is only out for attention and money, uses flawed logic, lies and do many other disgraceful things to accomplish her goals. I don't dislike her because she is a woman, I dislike her because she is a terrible human being.

You can blame people like Quinn, Anita and the pseudo feminists at Tumblr (and other SJW sites) for that.

It might not sound like it, but I am a feminist. I am for equal treatment no matter gender/race/sexuality/hair color/etc.

I dislike the pseudo feminists though because they seem to think that you can get gender equality by only focusing on the issues of one gender, no matter how trivial that issue is.

For example I dislike Anita because she is a manipulative bitch who is only out for attention and money, uses flawed logic, lies and do many other disgraceful things to accomplish her goals. I don't dislike her because she is a woman, I dislike her because she is a terrible human being.

I despise those people as much as you do, but I would like to point out a small problem:

They would not get nearly the attention that they get, without these so called "anti-feminists". The way I see it is that they are trolling, essentially attention-whoring (excuse my language), and by getting comments like "Sarkeesian is a lying bitch!" spreading like wildfire, it is actually a victory for their ulterior motives. To add to that, they can easily use the outrage to "prove their point".

So in the grand scheme of things, that kind of argument is going absolutely nowhere unless we STFU about it and let it fade to obscurity. Publicly insulting them harms the cause more than it helps it, as you are only feeding the fire.

She ain't even that good looking.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Can we not just forget about it entirely? She is unimportant and just stirring up drama... So is everybody else involved. Don't give drama queens any attention.

stupid... this is a pointless problem created by the internet, for the internet...

now if we could just merge them threads on this...