Show off your latest purchases

It has been a long time since I was able to purchase some soda...tastes so gooooooood. :x

bvs-dp.jpg

(got the 12 pack)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

48 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

lets hope i dont loose this on too

If your going to go around having that as your display name you should probably have a profile picture to match.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Today is Tuesday which means BOGOF at dominos. I ordered my usual modified Vegie Volcano's:

Stuffed Crust

Sundried tomato and garlic sauce

Peppers / onions / jalapeños (default toppings)

Tomato's changed to sweet red chilli's

And mushrooms as extra topping.

Also garlic cheesy bread as you can order one side at half price too.

And they have double cheese by default. Nommy time, plus I have a bottle of my favorite tropical juice (Innocent not from concentrate) plus peach schnapps. 

But I have to wait an hour as they don't open for 30 more mins.

Linus is my fetish.

58 minutes ago, Biased Opinion said:

If your going to go around having that as your display name you should probably have a profile picture to match.

huh?

lives on

BAKABT

ri1uTRu.jpg?1

Pls dun hate me, just want to play some exclusives

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0

IMG_20160223_122342609.thumb.jpg.724f9ef

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

3 hours ago, GarnetDevil said:

Dude. Screw the haters. Rock that thing and its exclusives. <33

3 hours ago, mapegl said:

Wow, what's up with the CPU box? What a change...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

35 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Wow, what's up with the CPU box? What a change...

You mean the new design? No idea.

However it is without a cooler and therefore not the usual box  I have seen with the last few CPUs I have seen from Sandy to Haswell.

Anyway, the box is not important. The cute little i5 is. ;-)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

DSC_1132.thumb.jpg.b502ecb294a6b3831b73e

That and some Arctic Silver 5, just thought I'd need some for whatever it might be as I was low on Cooler Master stuff.

I had another trip to HMV today. Had a lovely conversation with two of the people on the tills and bought this. 

Problem is, I no longer have room on my CD shelves. :( 

SmRRQ4E.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

9 hours ago, Bhav said:

First game I got and wasted too long playing was Adventure Capitalist, then Plants vs Zombies 2, and currently World Chef. Its amazing how many great free games there are on Android.

Yeah, Android is a beast... I now have 4 tablets and a phone, 2 of the tablets are obsolete as they are too old or poor in practical use. 1 of them is a chinese tablet I got years ago with an exynos CPU, nice tablet and all, but the fact I had to use a non-USB micro to charge it was a pain and the battery only lasted a couple of hours. Another of the obsolete ones is an old tesco hudl that has just had it, too slow and again battery life was an issue. So the 2 tablets I have going now are the tesco HUDL2 that is OK, but they screwed up when they finally released the update to 5.0 a month or so back and it's made the tablet buggy as hell now so that's why my purchase of the shield k1 was moved up. Was a bit disappointed with the shield to start with, it of course has the battery drainage issues that has been relieved a bit by the latest update a few days ago. It also has an issue that if you have a charger that isn't using 2.4A output (at least in my experiences) then if you try and use it while it is charging there is a lag on screen presses that makes the tablet so useless... it is however fine now I use it with a quickcharge 3.0 charger (even though not a quickcharge tablet) because the charger outputs up to 3 Amps.

I now love the tablet and is in use daily, I still leave it in battery saver mode though and last night for instance was using the tablet from approx 98% when I picked it up, so had lost 2% of charge throughout the day with me checking it occassionally... and finished using the tablet at approx 4am, so 6 hours continuous use and the battery had only got to 42%, was playing games/browsing/listening to music/playing video/reading kindle etc, so think that;'s a pretty good battery life I get from it now :D

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

4 hours ago, GarnetDevil said:

ri1uTRu.jpg?1

No hate, I also have a ps4. TBH I don't understand the haters anyway as we are all gamers no matter the platform :D

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

19 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I need to get me one of those. Julian Ilett had one of them. What is its current/voltage capabilities?

2A more with cooling but so far I did not put more than 1.5A trough it. 

Voltage output from 0V to 0.5V below input voltage. I do not know the input voltage range. 

38 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

No hate, I also have a ps4. TBH I don't understand the haters anyway as we are all gamers no matter the platform :D

Because (unfortunately) many PC gamers are just total snobs...

Hey look my $2,000 PC gets a higher FPS than your console!

Well of course it does

Yeah I can see where you're coming from, but TBH you get that with ANY platform pretty much. I myself have been sony playstation all the way since PS2, but have also since then had an xbox360 too, but I didn;t play it as much as I didn't like the controller. I used to be a PC gamer way back and loved being able to use mods for games, like max payne for example was awesome, I had the "NEO mod" I think it was called.. looked like NEO from the matrix had extended bullet-time (maybe unlimited" and played "smack my bitch up" from the prodigy when you entered bullet time etcetc... I might eventually get back into PC gaming, but it's harder for me now I have some disabilities that make it hard to do anything pretty much, so might be a bit beyond reasonable use for me to sit at a PC and game, is more comfortable with PS4 and controller for now :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I just bought two tickets to see Masaaki Suzuki performe Mendelssohn's Elijah. I'm really looking forward to seeing that.

And these just came in the mail. 

56ccc471c80e7_2016-02-2321.41.10.thumb.j

That is Morbid's Year of the Goat compilation, the Hellhammer Demon Entrails compilation and Einstürzende Neubauten's Silence is Sexy.

All are brilliant albums. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I used to listen to morbid angel way back in the early 90's, must admit to never hearing of morbid, will have to check out their stuff :)

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Just now, paddy-stone said:

I used to listen to morbid angel way back in the early 90's, must admit to never hearing of morbid, will have to check out their stuff :)

Morbid is actually not that different from Bleed for the Devil-era Morbid Angel. Both bands were pretty much proto-death metal bands.

Although, Morbid is probably more known for the members than went onto other great bands like Mayhem, Nihilist/Entombed, Murder Squad and Contra. 

But look up their December Moon demo. It's a really good listen.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

14 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

lets hope i dont loose this on too

2252014124325AM_635_samsung_galaxy_s5.jp

I lost the S pen to my Note 5 in 2 weeks... Still haven't found it lol.

3 hours ago, Volbet said:

Morbid is actually not that different from Bleed for the Devil-era Morbid Angel. Both bands were pretty much proto-death metal bands.

Although, Morbid is probably more known for the members than went onto other great bands like Mayhem, Nihilist/Entombed, Murder Squad and Contra. 

But look up their December Moon demo. It's a really good listen.

Cool, thanks. Will give them a listen when I get a bit more time to immerse myself in it. At the moment I'm still leaning heavily on five finger death punch for my almost daily doses, in between going back to some early foo fighters and further back for early-ish metallica... I've actually mellowed in my old-er age, but will never tire of metal/hard rock :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

I never thought it would come to hating chicken, but unfortunately the 4 chicken breasts I cooked on Monday with sweet chilli sauce have prevented me from being able to eat much pizza :(

I NOW HATE CHICKEN!

Linus is my fetish.