Show off your latest purchases

3 hours ago, cesrai said:

BUY INFAMOUS AND THE LAST OF US ( if you haven't played last of us on PS3 )

I have Infamous, but never played it. I have The Last of Us and  have beaten it eight billion and one times. I will be buying the PS4 version as soon as I can. It is just too good to pass up. :x

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

33 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Holy shit. I'm definitely buying it when I get home.

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Holy shit. I'm definitely buying it when I get home.

Cool! I'd definitely love to hear how you like it (or not). :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

7 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

New DC/DC converter! Ran prime95 and furmark on it and it seems to be able to cope with the current draw of  the system!

Is this what all the new parts were for?

6 hours ago, Bhav said:

My new PSU to replace my dead Antec HCP arrived, and that also got picked up for RMA (and I'll sell the replacement):

This ones perfect, titanium rated and 10 year warranty. The antec had 7 year but was platinum and far too overspecced (1300w one, bought it ages ago because £150 one day only offer).

That picture is very confusing... it looks like the inside of a case, but every part is not where I expect it and the motherboard seems to be completely buried in cables :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

That picture is very confusing... it looks like the inside of a case, but every part is not where I expect it and the motherboard seems to be completely buried in cables :)

Much ahahahaha, it's the rear chamber of my case for the PSU and wires.

And yes my 5820k is still shitty, won't even run at 4.35 GHz 1.35. I also noticed that one single core gets over 10 degrees hotter than the rest. I'll be calling Scan tomorrow and demanding a replacement within the 14 day time period, I doubt that another one could be any worse than this one is.

Oh right, and my Rampage 3 Extreme already sold for £150. Need to pack it up and sort out a collection too.

And my PC froze up again despite a full windows reinstall and new PSU. Shitty CPU is shitty.

Linus is my fetish.

15 hours ago, Bhav said:

My new PSU to replace my dead Antec HCP arrived, and that also got picked up for RMA (and I'll sell the replacement):

aDO65MZ.jpg 

This ones perfect, titanium rated and 10 year warranty. The antec had 7 year but was platinum and far too overspecced (1300w one, bought it ages ago because £150 one day only offer).

Nice cable management.

11 hours ago, kxrider85 said:

Nice cable management.

IKR - The results speak for themselves:

opwPZ6Q.jpg 

Like zero excess cables, just the PCI-E cables and cooler pipes are visible.

I was meant to cut the rubber things that the front fans are installed with, but I didnt incase I need to remove / reinstall them.

Linus is my fetish.

3 hours ago, peej said:

Nice! I've been meaning to do this too, and get a new speaker for my GBA.

+1

Just now, Albatross said:

Nice! I've been meaning to do this too, and get a new speaker for my GBA.

+1

my gba is the ultimate gba back light mod lipo battery mod now a new housing it sick you should defiantly do this well worth it 

I lurk a lot

56d9b6b50de44_2016-03-0417.21.02.thumb.j

It is: Zombeavers, the Toolbox Murders, Mutant Girl Squad, RoboGeisha, Grotesque, House of Flying Daggers, Dr. Strangelove: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb and God Seed's I Begin album.

Basically. it's a mix of lowbrow gore movies, a highbrow comedy and a visual master piece, and a bit of black metal tacked on in the end.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My LED's from classified section have arrived.

D2C9B881-B1E7-4B67-AC7E-F16620D3A797.jpg

MSI Nightblade MI2

CPU: Intel i7 6700. Motherboard: MSI B060. RAM: 16GB HyperX Impact. GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 970. Case: Nightblade MI2. Storage: 2x 1TB WD Blue, OCZ 120GB and 125GB M.2. PSU: Custom 350w Bronze. Display(s): BenQ 24" & 50" Samsung TV. Keyboard: Logitech G15. Mouse: Logitech MX Revolution. Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64

20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

WHY CANT THIS EFFING WEBSITE FIX DELETING QUOTES ON ANDROID TABLETS???

Linus is my fetish.

Erherm, what I meant to say is that my PC is now lifeless with my CPU just posted back.

Linus is my fetish.

4 minutes ago, Bhav said:
20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

WHY CANT THIS EFFING WEBSITE FIX DELETING QUOTES ON ANDROID TABLETS???

Normally I'd complain but I think it's clear what's going on here and I'm comfortable with people thinking I'd said that - it's a rage I've kept buried for some time now :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

While I technically didn't buy them...the Cablemod Widebeam LEDs arrived today. I did not expect them to be so bright! It really illuminates my case! xD

24888192584_ce878ad6d4_k.jpg

Now I gotta hook the other up to my brother's case and see if he can withstand the BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. :P

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

King of the Hill = awesome.

And wow! That mousepad is huge and for so cheap?!

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

It's on sale, it goes for 40.  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0199GE7RC?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 Also, did you win that giveaway too?  I got 4 magnetic reds.  60, length, each.

Damn! I definitely need to get one. I was going to just get this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019D8TA3C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

and call it a day, but I need a huge mousepad for uber cheap and this looks perfect! Thank you for sharing the link, I appreciate it. And yea, I won, which was a super shock as I have never won anything before. Got 2 magnetic blues (60cm)—one for me and one for my little brother (we love the blue theme). :)

Mine is in shipping, so here is one from the internet.  Pristine.  Unitek K-258.  SKCM White Alps.  Complicated Alps.  Unfortunately it isn't a Blue Alps, but the White is good enough for a vintage keyboard.  1990s were the best.

758946513_o.jpg

22 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

56dbdacfbb021_neongreens.JPG.f0d7d4e5c1a

My guitar is gonna like the way it looks.  My guitar won't accept 10 gauges, so I had to get 11s.

@STRMfrmXMN

I got it.

56dd11ce4d8f1_datspeed.JPG.4f4c2960754c8

Nice, I even bought from the same seller!

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

5 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Was the only refurbed seller. :D 

Yep, got it refurbed from the same seller. Hopefully he/she is aware of the fact that they posted the listing twice and hopefully have a drive ready to actually ship.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

On 03/03/2016 at 10:44 PM, iamdarkyoshi said:

IMG_20160302_150343.thumb.jpg.e8b3b95121IMG_20160302_155700.thumb.jpg.db2f09ac91IMG_20160302_170046.thumb.jpg.b7f38231d4IMG_20160302_200442.thumb.jpg.488c1e3092

New DC/DC converter! Ran prime95 and furmark on it and it seems to be able to cope with the current draw of  the system!

What are those!!! Very cool indead. Even tho i don't understand the purpose of it. 

Some questions. 

1.what does DC to DC converter does? (i mean it's already dc and convert it to dc again??) 

2. Different between AC and DC ? I know what the Wikipedia said and studied these things in junior school but i never understood it fully. Can you explain it to me. 

3.what keyboard is that?? 

RHnVEWo.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Decided to try some different beers

-Erdinger Weisbier

-Tiger

-Warsteiner Premium

And some doritos...

9 hours ago, agentagent47 said:

What are those!!! Very cool indead. Even tho i don't understand the purpose of it. 

Some questions. 

1.what does DC to DC converter does? (i mean it's already dc and convert it to dc again??) 

2. Different between AC and DC ? I know what the Wikipedia said and studied these things in junior school but i never understood it fully. Can you explain it to me. 

3.what keyboard is that?? 

1. Motherboards require pretty precise voltages to run. This DC/DC takes anywhere from 6v all the way to 32v and gives consistant voltages for the motherboard.

2. AC is basically just switching polarities. Think of it like swapping the direction of a battery around really fast

3. An old Packard Bell membrane keyboard with (for some reason) cherry MX compatible keycaps.

My latest purchase:

_20160307_162008.JPG.b12ae46c9824d920225