Purportedly Leaked Windows 9 Screenshot Shows New Start Menu

johncarlosbe

I like how that looks.

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

They better have options to make it look like the Win7 start menu with Aero.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

i hope so to i skipped windows 8 because it had no start menu and i am the one who would buy a new ver every to it came out.

they should unless they make it where you can't mess with windows files for security. I know if they keep it the way they have you could totally reskin the OS.

I miss Aero and I really don't like how metro is on the side. I think I will just stick with 7 until Linux gets a bigger foothold in it's gaming capabilities and then I will make the switch to Mint. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

THANK ZEUS....i hate not having a start button and this makes me happy...but then again i've adapted to not having one

meh, win 8.1 is better than 7 anyhow, and 8 has a start meny if you want it.. i dont really get what people complain about..

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I think I might just like windows 9.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

A step in the right direction, but I really, REALLY hope they bring back aero. Or at least something more appealing than the metro-esque interface pictured. It looks like it was designed by a 4 year old IMHO.

A start menu with a mini version of metro tapped onto the side?

That's kind of what I hoped would happen and I can see it being useful while still retaining the start menu and not being the intrusive mess of the full screen metro interface.

I like "aero" Too many flat colours is hard on the eyes. 

I've seen that screenshot before, I think it might be a fake. Either that or it has been one of the worst kept secrets ever if it does end up looking like that.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I've seen this before or something nearly identical. The one I remember was this guy who made a mock-up like a year ago of what windows 8 should have been with metro inside the start menu

I was hoping it would be a button that when you click it, it just pops up all the start menu shortcuts and search bar/app bar into a full screen so you can see everything. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

meh, win 8.1 is better than 7 anyhow, and 8 has a start meny if you want it.. i dont really get what people complain about..

I better for you, not for everyone. I hate full screen calculator, image gallery and things that involve big touchable icons and some lack of incompatibilities with older hardware (to be expected). I'd love to have a nice version of windows that works out the box, not tweaking needed.

Am I the only one who runs Windows 7 with the XP-design? It takes up far less resources and I hate most of the Aero stuff.

Honesty I really like the way that looks. Hopefully it's not fake.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

I was hoping it would be a button that when you click it, it just pops up all the start menu shortcuts and search bar/app bar into a full screen so you can see everything.

I see what you did there.

I've seen that screenshot before, I think it might be a fake. Either that or it has been one of the worst kept secrets ever if it does end up looking like that.

I am pretty sure Microsoft themselves showed it at a press conference before, back when everyone though it would come to Windows 8.

Seems like 99% of people ONLY care about the damn start button -.-

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

Seems like 99% of people ONLY care about the damn start button -.-

that's because it's the only thing to complain about.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

They better bring DX12 and features like MANTLE, and performance like MANTLE too.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

better have aero

inb4
>using my 12MB of ram
>muh performance