Purportedly Leaked Windows 9 Screenshot Shows New Start Menu

johncarlosbe

Looks like Win7 with a Wind 8 skin. Hope there will be a Win7 Skin. :P

who cares...

This... I like, can't wait for its release.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

One of my co-workers refuses to let IT upgrade his Xp laptop to Windows 7 because he has XP setup to look like Windows 98 and apparently you can't do that on 7 lol.

8.1 has a start button BTW...

Well, that's a bit extreme. But I still think that XP looked way better than Windows 7, not to mention that most Aero "features" are infuriating to me and that they can be a resource hog if you have a very low-spec system.

Aero sucks. Windows 8.1 with Startisback or something simular is way better then Windows 7. I switched and I'm never looking back.

How does it suck? I want examples, cos I doubt you can give any. Besides, power users are the same people who _know_ how to fix it, so they should be the last to complain.

Again, how so? A novice is WAY better off picking up an OS, be it 8, OS X or Linux, cos they have no idea how things work. And really if you have brain one you can figure it out, it's not rocket science.

There is nothing moronic about upgrading to 8.1, 8, yes, but since 8.1 is free... Directx ** means nothing when it comes to upgrading, it has NO bearing on the OS as a whole, only for gaming. If you're upgrading now, you can't really get 7, unless you know some reseller who still has it in stock, non should since MS is no longer selling it, hasn't for a long time in fact. Waiting for 9 is fucking moronic, it's not "coming soon" and if it will require a Microsoft Account/Store account, then I won't get it until 2024 when 8.1 support ends.

Also, you don't need anything as idiotic as Start Is Back or whatever else, non of those things affect the OS as a whole and are so minor that you don't see them unless you absolute want to. And in the case of the Start menu, I'd like to know why people hate the full screen one so much more than the small one, it's not any different in use at all... and with 8.1 you can use all the desktop shortcuts and taskbar buttons you want, hell, have 7 rows of taskbar buttons for all anyone cares.

I recommended buying 8 if you don't have 7. You can use an old OEM 7 on a new build. Call the 1-800 number the OS tells you to, to activate it,  tell the automated man 1 and you are good to go. You just can't use it on two computers. 

I said there is literally no reason to upgrade from 7 to 8 other then a slightly faster boot.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Seriously, you didn't just say that opening the Start menu takes away your programs and interrupts your workflow, did you? Oh yeah, you did. WTF, why is that any different from any other god damn Start menu? This has nothing to do with 8 menu being full screen or not.

While I agree there is no point having it full screen, there is absolute no more interrupting workflow or "taking away your programs" (whatever the fuck you mean by that, the programs stay running and return just as soon as you start whatever you start from the Start menu), than in a normal Windows 7 Start menu or do you claim you can still work in another program while opening something from Windows 7 Start menu?

Yes it does. As soon as I press it all my programs disappears from the screen. Sure they come back when I leave the start menu, but while I am in the start menu they are gone. It's a retarded thing to do on desktops. Absolutely no reason to take away my programs just because I want to start another one. How is it different from the start menu? Because with the start menu I can keep looking at things while I start a new program. I often read something in my browser and think "oh I am going to use the snipping tool on this" or "better write this down in a word document". In those situations I keep reading and without taking my eyes away from the browser, open up the other program. I can do that in Windows 7, but in Windows 8 Windows tells me "NO you can't read while opening another program. I am going to block the text for you!".

I do this all the time, and it is one example of how the new start menu interrupts my work flow.

If I were a pleb that couldn't touch type then you'd have a point, but I am not.

If you had ever worked in any tech support, you'd call it that too. You may know what to do in it, but the average noob doesn't and will likely fuck their system fully. The less options there are for the normal idiot, the better.

This is in fact also the reason they might just as well use Linux, they don't need, or want, to know anything of the OS, as long as they get their Facebook and Google. Once Linux is setup they wouldn't know the difference once you showed them the "internet" button.

No because I would just remove it through a GPO.

Also, "the less options there are for the normal idiot, the better" is only valid if the "non idiot" also got easy access to them. Microsoft is trying to cater to the lowest common denominator and a lot of people are getting screwed because of it.

Looks like they took the idea from the one guy who built his own idea of how windows should look. It definitely looks and probably works better, but I really don't want the big ugly monstrosity on any of my monitors. So far unless something amazing happens with the new OS I like the more features I have in Windows 7, the design of Windows 7 better, and overall I think I'm just going to stick with it until I can do most of my tasks in Linux finally. (I'll still keep Win 7 around for all my c# stuff though.)

EDIT:

Also, "the less options there are for the normal idiot, the better" is only valid if the "non idiot" also got easy access to them. Microsoft is trying to cater to the lowest common denominator and a lot of people are getting screwed because of it.

+1 This right here is also a big issue that I have with what Microsoft is doing lately.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Aero sucks. Windows 8.1 with Startisback or something simular is way better then Windows 7. I switched and I'm never looking back.

How did Aero suck? You can take Aero off...

Looks like they took the idea from the one guy who built his own idea of how windows should look. It definitely looks and probably works better, but I really don't want the big ugly monstrosity on any of my monitors. So far unless something amazing happens with the new OS I like the more features I have in Windows 7, the design of Windows 7 better, and overall I think I'm just going to stick with it until I can do most of my tasks in Linux finally. (I'll still keep Win 7 around for all my c# stuff though.)

^ Which was my point. As long as it is customizable? I see no problem with it. If "Start is back" can give people classic option, or none of this BS option, then MS should give people that option inside the OS. Win 8 can be just like Win 7. This is why you buy Win 8 over Win 7 on a new computer. The problem is there is no reason to upgrade to it. 9? Welp they will with hold DirectX 12 so we will pretty much be forced to and you may as well be on the new version. As long as we can customize the damn thing without third party programs though the casual user is happy. The Casual/normal user is not going to download third party programs like this, which was the whole damn problem with 8 to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqUAg3cQxQo

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Why does Aero suck? It just makes things look a tiny bit different and work a bit fancier and if you didn't like it it is super easy to disable..... Unless I'm missing something here?

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

-snip-

And how about answering my first 2 questions, tho I rather doubt you can.

How about answering this question. People want "start is back". Why the hell does MS not include it in a patch since this OS is failing? Oh  yeah, because they want you to pay MORE money for them to do simple changes/options to the freakin UI that should have been done a long time ago LOL.

What questions do you want addressed? I used 8.1 in the trial. My games ran the same speed. My programs ran the same speed. It booted slightly faster and I would have to pay extra money (even though it is small) to make the OS not suck. Why would I bother? 

API update? Not used because the majority of the world hates the OS and rejected it.

Now you are insulting other people like Lawlz? Want to know what I think = incompetence. People who tell other people a OS is great while usually telling them to download third party programs to fix the OS they said is great. 

A great OS does not need third party programs to fix it. Prob why Win 8 failed and MS pays so well to forums lauding it and selling it so hard. You going to tell me how awesome the new Internet explorer is next?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365060/microsoft-caught-astroturfing-bloggers-again-to-promote-internet-explorer.html

Pathetic...

All I want is aero back. If aero is featured in windows 9, then i'll be happy.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

How about answering this question. People want "start is back". Why the hell does MS not include it in a patch since this OS is failing? Oh  yeah, because they want you to pay MORE money for them to do simple changes/options to the freakin UI that should have been done a long time ago LOL.

What questions do you want addressed? I used 8.1 in the trial. My games ran the same speed. My programs ran the same speed. It booted slightly faster and I would have to pay extra money (even though it is small) to make the OS not suck. Why would I bother? 

API update? Not used because the majority of the world hates the OS and rejected it.

Now you are insulting other people like Lawlz? Want to know what I think = incompetence. People who tell other people a OS is great while usually telling them to download third party programs to fix the OS they said is great. 

A great OS does not need third party programs to fix it. Prob why Win 8 failed and MS pays so well to forums lauding it and selling it so hard. You going to tell me how awesome the new Internet explorer is next?

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2365060/microsoft-caught-astroturfing-bloggers-again-to-promote-internet-explorer.html

Pathetic...

I see this in every Microsoft thread here lately. If you have suspicions, then report them to an admin and be done with it. I ask you to please NOT degrade the discussion with them.

Also, FYI, IE 11 is actually pretty damn good. Sure most enthusiasts still prefer Firefox and/or Chrome (Personally I like Firefox best, but I use Chrome because FF kept crashing Flash Player on youtube for ages), but actually using IE 11 is a great experience. Is there anything in particular you can address about IE 11 that is "crap" or otherwise not "awesome"? I'd be interested in specifics, as I've had nothing but good experience with IE 11.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I see this in every Microsoft thread here lately. If you have suspicions, then report them to an admin and be done with it. I ask you to please NOT degrade the discussion with them.

Also, FYI, IE 11 is actually pretty damn good. Sure most enthusiasts still prefer Firefox and/or Chrome (Personally I like Firefox best, but I use Chrome because FF kept crashing Flash Player on youtube for ages), but actually using IE 11 is a great experience. Is there anything in particular you can address about IE 11 that is "crap" or otherwise not "awesome"? I'd be interested in specifics, as I've had nothing but good experience with IE 11.

Awesome. You all like no Aero, one guy hated the option to even have Aero (seems legit), you are going out of your way to laud IE, and you want to continually tell us how good Windows 8 is when this is a Windows 9 thread and then calling people incompetent who don't like the OS.

The majority of the world did not like Win 8. This is why they named 8.1 8.1 instead of 8 service pack 1 to distance themselves from their own product.

People need to stop selling Windows 8 in a Windows 9 thread and damn near every other thread, with the same people always selling the damn product. The posts in this thread are laughable. Discuss the new UI, why it is good or bad. You are an IT technician but don't see that Win 8 failed? That is truly amazing. How about you throw in on all the clients computers you have and see what happens. Do it without start is back. Have fun with the hilarity that ensues and make sure to capture it on candid camera.

Just because enthusiasts or people in the tech field can create or easily find/use programs to make the OS make any sense whatsoever on a desktop, does not mean the normal/casual user knows to even look for them, trust them, or is even going to bother with them.

If you are that out of touch with reality like these other people and don't understand WHY Windows 8 failed, then I really hope you don't deal with customers in the field you are working with. MS it appears IS this out of touch with reality, or they just want to cash in on a "fix" without offering the fix immediately to users of the OS.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2302645-microsoft-windows-8-is-losing-market-share

When new computer users are buying Win 7 PC's over Win 8 PC's? That is pathetic. MS could fix this by putting "start is back" solution with an option on first boot for desktop/touch, but instead they are going to market their next OS around it, so they can fleece people of more money.MS has simply shown they do not give a damn about the PC market, or the customer, meanwhile we have people that supposedly work in IT, yet sell Win 8 as a great product, and insult users on this forum for not liking Windows 8? I  don't like Windows 8. It isn't because it isn't as good as 7 when fixed with third party programs. It is because it is a horrible experience for many people to use and it offered little as far as innovation, while also looking pretty damn ugly.

Awesome. You all like no Aero, one guy hated the option to even have Aero (seems legit), you are going out of your way to laud IE, and you want to continually tell us how good Windows 8 is when this is a Windows 9 thread and then calling people incompetent who don't like the OS.

The majority of the world did not like Win 8. This is why they named 8.1 8.1 instead of 8 service pack 1 to distance themselves from their own product.

People need to stop selling Windows 8 in a Windows 9 thread and damn near every other thread, with the same people always selling the damn product. The posts in this thread are laughable. Discuss the new UI, why it is good or bad. You are an IT technician but don't see that Win 8 failed? That is truly amazing. How about you throw in on all the clients computers you have and see what happens. Do it without start is back. Have fun with the hilarity that ensues and make sure to capture it on candid camera.

Just because enthusiasts or people in the tech field can create or easily find/use programs to make the OS make any sense whatsoever on a desktop, does not mean the normal/casual user knows to even look for them, trust them, or is even going to bother with them.

If you are that out of touch with reality like these other people and don't understand WHY Windows 8 failed, then I really hope you don't deal with customers in the field you are working with. MS it appears IS this out of touch with reality, or they just want to cash in on a "fix" without offering the fix immediately to users of the OS.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2302645-microsoft-windows-8-is-losing-market-share

When new computer users are buying Win 7 PC's over Win 8 PC's? That is pathetic. MS could fix this by putting "start is back" solution with an option on first boot for desktop/touch, but instead they are going to market their next OS around it, so they can fleece people of more money.MS has simply shown they do not give a damn about the PC market, or the customer, meanwhile we have people that supposedly work in IT, yet sell Win 8 as a great product, and insult users on this forum for not liking Windows 8? I  don't like Windows 8. It isn't because it isn't as good as 7 when fixed with third party programs. It is because it is a horrible experience for many people to use and it offered little as far as innovation, while also looking pretty damn ugly.

I really appreciate you quoting my post, then deciding to go off on a huge tangential rant.

Also, you never addressed my questions about IE 11? Is there something in particular that is "wrong" with IE 11? Yes, IE in general has a (very much deserved) bad rap from the days of IE 6 and IE 8, where they were bloated pieces of shit that didn't render things properly or to any standard. Well guess what, times change. IE 11 (And its precursors 9 and 10, but 11 was a huge step forward) is about as good as the other browsers now. In some ways worse, in some better.

You've also specifically said, and I quote: "you are going out of your way to laud IE".

No I'm not going out of my way to do so. YOU were actually the first person to mention IE in this thread. At all. Period. Why did you even bring it up? You obviously implied that the new IE is shit, otherwise you wouldn't have phrased your sentence in such a sarcastic and aggressive way.

I'll quote again "You going to tell me how awesome the new Internet explorer is next?". I'll ask again, can you point to specific examples of why the new IE is not awesome?

I will admit that there are some users here who blindly love Windows 8. But that's no worse then those who blindly hate it too. The rest of us seem to mostly like it. There are some issues that could be fixed or changed here and there, and I think most will agree with me, but on average, it's not too shabby.

Why don't we please get back to the discussion of Windows 9 and the potential changes, new UI, etc, and stop with the insults and accusations?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They better have options to make it look like the Win7 start menu with Aero.

Aero was garbage what year do you think this is

Honestly, from that picture on that link i noticed two things;

1.) The tiles are not gone therefore a stupid "start menu" has to be hidden someplace which could be usesless, just like Windows 8 was before the 8.1 update.
and 2.) The bottom bar says "All Apps" which could mean that the "start menu" really IS hidden, which again makes me hate it. But, it could be a form of re-branding as such to call programs "apps" now.

Either way, if Microsoft keeps screwing up Windows like this and think that this is the new "way" for something to be done, i will surely pass and just build a Hackintosh.

Game Dev | Pro Gamer

Ah, ok, so in other words your incompetent. No worries, I won't bother addressing you on this... or anything anymore.

I think it's funny that you mess up "you're" and "your" when calling me incompetent...

Please, explain to me how I am incompetent for not liking having my programs taken away from me every once in a while just because I want to launch a new program.

Again, there is no reason to force me to have a full screen start screen. For my way of doing things, a smart menu is far superior and Microsoft basically gave me the middle finger with Windows 8. Stop with your childish insults like "you're incompetent and I won't explain why lol".

Not tech support for companies, normal idiots, you know people who buy brand PC shit.

As for non idiots, Win+X there ya go, anything you could ever want.

Fucking hell how is this so god damn hard for you people, don't know if you're trolling or just stupid.

Win + X is still more convoluted than just having a button that says "Control Panel".

Again, why make it more difficult to reach something very common things in the OS? If you call this trolling then you either don't know the definition of trolling, or is a hardcore Microsoft fanboy who gets mad as soon as someone says they don't like Windows 8.

I explained in detail how it breaks my workflow, you replied with "you're incompetent" and then I get accused of trolling? What's wrong with you? You're acting as if I insulted your mom by simply saying (in a calm and detailed manner) how Windows 8 is worse than 7 for me.

Aero was garbage what year do you think this is

How was Aero garbage? I thought it looked good and the transparency made it easier to determine the relation between the windows if they were overlapping each other.

I'll quote again "You going to tell me how awesome the new Internet explorer is next?". I'll ask again, can you point to specific examples of why the new IE is not awesome?

I'm not him and I don't particularity dislike IE, but here are a few reasons why I don't use it:

• Tab bar is too small. I prefer having tabs on a separate bar so that I can fit more of them on there. It works alright as long as you don't open more than a handful of tabs but once you do you start wanting more space.

• The GUI doesn't put important elements on the sides or in the corner. This is a big pantsu-on-head-retarded move from Microsoft if you ask me. According to Fits' law, buttons located in corners and the side are infinity big (no matter how much you move your mouse upwards it will still stay on the button) and are therefore much easier to press. This is the reason why pretty much all modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome etc) has the tabs pushed against the top. Microsoft for some reason decided to not do this.

• it's still lagging behind in terms of supporting standards. I mean... This and this should be pretty telling. Microsoft likes to compare their browser against others in tests they have created themselves and claiming that they support standards, but they don't.

• The addon support is not anywhere near as good as Firefox.

• It's closed source. I wouldn't have cared a few years ago but with all the crap Microsoft have been caught doing, and all the crap the NSA have been doing I see closed source as a huge drawback.

How was Aero garbage? I thought it looked good and the transparency made it easier to determine the relation between the windows if they were overlapping each other.

Transparency is good and I agree, but aero was unnecessarily glossy, it didn't merge well with most back grounds and it looked really tacky no matter what. It was kind of like Web 2.0

Win 8 solved the problem by just making it transparent and have a little distortion.

I really appreciate you quoting my post, then deciding to go off on a huge tangential rant.

Also, you never addressed my questions about IE 11? Is there something in particular that is "wrong" with IE 11? Yes, IE in general has a (very much deserved) bad rap from the days of IE 6 and IE 8, where they were bloated pieces of shit that didn't render things properly or to any standard. Well guess what, times change. IE 11 (And its precursors 9 and 10, but 11 was a huge step forward) is about as good as the other browsers now. In some ways worse, in some better.

You've also specifically said, and I quote: "you are going out of your way to laud IE".

No I'm not going out of my way to do so. YOU were actually the first person to mention IE in this thread. At all. Period. Why did you even bring it up? You obviously implied that the new IE is shit, otherwise you wouldn't have phrased your sentence in such a sarcastic and aggressive way.

I will admit that there are some users here who blindly love Windows 8. But that's no worse then those who blindly hate it too. The rest of us seem to mostly like it. There are some issues that could be fixed or changed here and there, and I think most will agree with me, but on average, it's not too shabby.

Why don't we please get back to the discussion of Windows 9 and the potential changes, new UI, etc, and stop with the insults and accusations?

1) The MS salesmen did the insulting first and they didn't insult me. They railroaded anything he said and then insulted his intelligence.

2) You were selling Win 8 in this thread and recommending that people upgrade from 7 to 8 which is the stupidest thing I have ever seen recommended from a tech. May as well tell them to flush 100 dollars down the toilet with 9 coming.

3) It is always the same people doing the insulting, selling the OS and saying the same stupid crap, then insulting people and when you call them out on it, then you get attacked. 

4) IE didn't even work with BF4...in the OS that it was designed to run the best on (Mantle on 7/8 not included). 

Now have fun in the dream world you live in, being the worst IT Tech of all time and telling the average joe that upgrading to 8 from 7 will result in a good experience. The next time they see you they will probably flip you off...

I wouldn't even put Win 8 on a clients computer without start is back. No one would. You supposedly work for a library? What OS do they run? You know what? NM. I don't even care.

Win 8 computers are currently getting outsold by Win 7 computers. Numbers don't lie, and you are living in a dream world.

If clicking one of those metro apps doesn't take me out of the desktop and force a fullscreen app from another dimension in my face, I'm game.

this

get rid of apps entirely.  if i wanted apps i'd get a fucking tablet.  having both programs and apps is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of. i could have handled win8, even without the start menu, as long as the apps didnt exist.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Transparency is good and I agree, but aero was unnecessarily glossy, it didn't merge well with most back grounds and it looked really tacky no matter what. It was kind of like Web 2.0

Win 8 solved the problem by just making it transparent and have a little distortion.

Eh, what? Windows 8 doesn't have any transparency.

I disagree that it was too glossy as well. I mean, just look at this:

post-216-0-53618200-1405371109.jpg

That's not what I'd call glossy. It has a very nice effect to it. Oh and before anyone asks, I made my boarders bigger to clearly show how the transparency distorts the background. I don't actually have boarders like that...

Are you perhaps getting Aero confused with "Aero Peek"? The thing that looks like this:

image101.png

1) The MS salesmen did the insulting first and they didn't insult me. They railroaded anything he said and then insulted his intelligence.

2) You were selling Win 8 in this thread and recommending that people upgrade from 7 to 8 which is the stupidest thing I have ever seen recommended from a tech. May as well tell them to flush 100 dollars down the toilet with 9 coming.

3) It is always the same people doing the insulting, selling the OS and saying the same stupid crap, then insulting people and when you call them out on it, then you get attacked. 

4) IE didn't even work with BF4...in the OS that it was designed to run the best on (Mantle on 7/8 not included). 

Now have fun in the dream world you live in, being the worst IT Tech of all time and telling the average joe that upgrading to 8 from 7 will result in a good experience. The next time they see you they will probably flip you off...

I wouldn't even put Win 8 on a clients computer without start is back. No one would. You supposedly work for a library? What OS do they run? You know what? NM. I don't even care.

Win 8 computers are currently getting outsold by Win 7 computers. Numbers don't lie, and you are living in a dream world.

Well at least you more or less directly replied to my post this time, rather then going off on a rage.

1. Yes I've noticed that there are a few other detractors of this thread. Frankly anyone who's doing insulting, whether they think Windows 8 is a shiny unicorn turd that will bring Baby Jesus back to life, or those who think Windows 8 is the utter incarnation of the devil, will all get reported to mods. However to say that they "derailed" the threads is an utter lack of acknowledgement of your own guilt in bringing this thread VERY far off topic. Plus the continued use of terms like "MS Salesmen" is still insulting and against the CoC. I'm not a mod, so I can't punish you, so feel free to express all your rage at the "MS Salesmen" all you want, but if you continue to do so, sooner or later a Mod will get involved.

2. Now this is a laugh. Can you please quote a single instance of where I personally recommended upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8? I honestly have no idea where you got that idea from. Unless it's the idea that anyone who doesn't hate Windows 8 therefore must be a corporate shill?

3. I would say that there's plenty of blame to go around on both sides here. There are PLENTY of Windows 8 threads where as soon as it's created, people post "Windows 8 sux and only dumbasses use it" etc. Yes, there's been users on the other side doing similar things, but just because someone else did something wrong doesn't give you the right to also do something wrong. If someone insults you, or derails a thread, REPORT THEM! Seriously. It should end at that. If they keep doing it? Keep reporting them. Sooner or later they'll get too many warning points and then get banned or suspended.

4. Alright now THIS is what I'm talking about. Actual specific examples. So BF4 didn't work for you specifically, or is this a known issue with Origin? Are there any other issues with IE 11 that you've encountered? I've not heard of any problems with it at all, let alone with BF4. But let's face it, most enthusiasts like Chrome and FF better, so any potential issues might slip through the cracks and maybe I just never heard of them before.

As for the rest of your post. Well now you're back into the insulting game here. Calling me the "Worst IT of all time" because I like Windows 8 *Slow Clap* Well done. Do you feel better? Don't worry, get all the rage out. Did I insult your career or your technical skills because you don't like Windows 8?

I do work for a Library, and we're using a mixed ecosystem. Some Windows XP Machines still, though they are being phased out slowly (Most are gone except public terminals that are locked down anyway). Majority is now Windows 7. Our Senior Tech likes Windows 7 quite a bit, doesn't like Windows 8 as much (Mostly due to having to retrain staff over silly things that we come naturally to), and because our software and setup is fully tested on Windows 7.

Will we continue to use Windows 7 if it's available? For now, yes. For us to use Windows 8 on any of our machines will require months of testing to make sure every piece of software we require still runs. This isn't a home environment where I can just throw Windows 8 on because I like to keep up with the latest tech.

Will we eventually move to Windows 8? It's entirely possible. As long as we can validate it thoroughly with testing, then we may well eventually move to it. That would depend entirely on budget, time-scale, and previous testing, and whether Windows 9 is released by then (And whether that will pass our validation tests). Currently we can still buy Dell's with Windows 7 licenses, so the matter is moot anyway.

I don't know if you've personally ever worked in corporate IT (In my case, small scale Corporate IT), but it's not as simple as "Do I like Windows 8 or not", and it never will be.