Rate the Photo Above you

@mopman94

8.5/10  I really like freezing motion like that.  What was this taken with?

the only thing that would have made this better in my opinion was if the piece of balloon wasn't in the middle of the water.  But I also understand that it may not be possible.

-snip-

Very nice! 9.5/10. Only critisizm i have is that i think it would have looked better if the bird was lower in the frame, but that is just my preference. Good job and an interesting shot.

Here is a pic i shot on a hike with a old canon fd 50mm

i09wzsx.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Very nice! 9.5/10. Only critisizm i have is that i think it would have looked better if the bird was lower in the frame, but that is just my preference. Good job and an interesting shot.

Here is a pic i shot on a hike with a old canon fd 50mm

Thanks.  I am actually really happy with the framing.  The seagull is in the top right third of the frame and the horizon is along the bottom of the frame.  

I dont normally like to crop as much as I had to to get the shot right.  I wish I had either a 70-200 2.8 or a 300 f4.  I'm not a huge fan of the quality of the 55-200 Nikon lens.

9/10  I really like this shot.  I like the clovers.  They are very crisp and vivid.  If the log had fallen naturally and not been cut it would be perfect.  It makes me want to spend some time in the woods.  Too bad its winter.

Any way in keeping with the bird theme.

16109663960_7c4c7e5ddb_h.jpgseagull eye by r.macrae, on Flickr

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

Thanks.  I am actually really happy with the framing.  The seagull is in the top right third of the frame and the horizon is along the bottom of the frame.  

I dont normally like to crop as much as I had to to get the shot right.  I wish I had either a 70-200 2.8 or a 300 f4.  I'm not a huge fan of the quality of the 55-200 Nikon lens.

9/10  I really like this shot.  I like the clovers.  They are very crisp and vivid.  If the log had fallen naturally and not been cut it would be perfect.  It makes me want to spend some time in the woods.  Too bad its winter.

Any way in keeping with the bird theme.

-snip-

Nice! id say 10/10 for that pic! cant find anything wrong with it. The focus is spot on. The quality is a hell of a lot better than what i get out of my canon 75-300 f4-5.6 what i have been looking at for a decent zoom recently has been the Tamron 150-600 just to get some decent quality reach without spending an absolute fortune on canon L glass.

here is a pic i got a a car show a while ago of the new corvette zo6. I really like this picture. could have probably cropped the persons arm out ,but in general it was just hard to get a pic without people at this event.

7sebKoZ.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Nice! id say 10/10 for that pic! cant find anything wrong with it. The focus is spot on. The quality is a hell of a lot better than what i get out of my canon 75-300 f4-5.6 what i have been looking at for a decent zoom recently has been the Tamron 150-600 just to get some decent quality reach without spending an absolute fortune on canon L glass.

here is a pic i got a a car show a while ago of the new corvette zo6. I really like this picture. could have probably cropped the persons arm out ,but in general it was just hard to get a pic without people at this event.

It's a nice car, but I find nice cars at car shows never equal good pictures. For me it is a 4/10. I can't really say how you can improve it because it is just a bad setting for a picture. If you could get up close to it you would be able to get some fantastic shots of smaller parts of the car because the lighting is so good there.

This picture is a combination of two with a slight recolouring, I am unsure of the result, after this is rated I will probably post one of the original unedited ones :)

16356514125_287d831c7a_b.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

9/10, it looks fucking cool, the green smoke kinda looks like a person!

You'll be surprised what I shot this pic with..

16359596211_792181df7f_b.jpg

Tarawera falls by Zachary Ong, on Flickr

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

9/10, it looks fucking cool, the green smoke kinda looks like a person!

You'll be surprised what I shot this pic with..

Tarawera falls by Zachary Ong, on Flickr

7/10

Looks pretty good, but this could've been a nice long exposure photo. And somehow it doesnt look that sharp on the top of that picture. See the tree on the left.

2048.jpg

https://500px.com/photo/96792907/calm-evening-in-cannes-by-david-vu

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

7/10

Looks pretty good, but this could've been a nice long exposure photo. And somehow it doesnt look that sharp on the top of that picture. See the tree on the left.

I like the lighting and the colours, the only thing that ruins it for me is the old man and train in the bottom right, maybe crop the bottom off? The problem with cropping the bottom obviously would be that you would have a floating street light. I give it a 7.5/10. But bear in mind I rarely give anything over 8 :)

This is an unedited version of the smoke picture I posted before (well one of them)

15742908244_737f18d08e_b.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I like the lighting and the colours, the only thing that ruins it for me is the old man and train in the bottom right, maybe crop the bottom off? The problem with cropping the bottom obviously would be that you would have a floating street light. I give it a 7.5/10. But bear in mind I rarely give anything over 8 :)

This is an unedited version of the smoke picture I posted before (well one of them)

6/10

The image is unfortunately soft and out of focus.  I liked the first one better but they both lack a crisp focus on anything.  nice concept though

16109475398_cb380e4c81_b.jpgAir Bud by r.macrae, on Flickr

16296164082_f129473caa_b.jpgAir Bud 2 by r.macrae, on Flickr

I know I'm kinda cheating posting two here.  But I think the two together show the scene better than either one alone.  I know its not the greatest of photos but just wanted to share what my dogs like.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

6/10

The image is unfortunately soft and out of focus. I liked the first one better but they both lack a crisp focus on anything. nice concept though

I agree about the focus. I focused on an object held over the middle of the mug before the stick was lit, but then the smoke drifted forwards meaning it went out of focus :(

It was hard to notice this because I use a Sony Nex-5t so I have no viewfinder and have to use the screen which isn't always great for precisely focusing.

Ill rate @rmac52's i guess...

8/10 good sharpness and colors, and no motion blur (very slight) that ruins the shot

Also because dog :D

Another picture of my back yard, with my T5i and 18-135mm (@50mm) with a Circular Polarizer 

ISO 100

1/450 Shutter speed

F/5

Shot in Raw and corrected in Photoshop

EDIT: Shoot l realized how crappy the colors look on my ips monitor! (edited it on my TN panel :P) please ignore that aspect

JwlRrCi.jpg

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Ill rate @rmac52's i guess...

8/10 good sharpness and colors, and no motion blur (very slight) that ruins the shot

Also because dog :D

Another picture of my back yard, with my T5i and 18-135mm (@50mm) with a Circular Polarizer 

ISO 100

1/450 Shutter speed

F/5

Shot in Raw and corrected in Photoshop

EDIT: Shoot l realized how crappy the colors look on my ips monitor! (edited it on my TN panel :P) please ignore that aspect

It looks a bit to yellow on my IPS monitor, you are almost losing your focus because of that. I'd have to give it a 4/10, the image doesn't do anything for me, if it were on a wall in a cafe it is unlikely to catch my eye. I can see you are obviously photographing a view out of a window, but its not really interesting, a half dead tree and the house opposite, I think you should try and capture something more interesting out of that window, something you wouldn't normally notice when you look out of it :)

This was taken at the end of the summer, I currently have it set as my desktop background.

14668315678_89fc0a3f82_b.jpg

It looks a bit to yellow on my IPS monitor, you are almost losing your focus because of that. I'd have to give it a 4/10, the image doesn't do anything for me, if it were on a wall in a cafe it is unlikely to catch my eye. I can see you are obviously photographing a view out of a window, but its not really interesting, a half dead tree and the house opposite, I think you should try and capture something more interesting out of that window, something you wouldn't normally notice when you look out of it :)

This was taken at the end of the summer, I currently have it set as my desktop background.

yea the yellow is noticeable on my ips monitor, on the TN it looks much more natural

I've taken the shot of the tree too much, i can't seem to find anything really interesting to take pictures of (taking a picture of my old canon SLR, ill see if it turns out looking decent)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

yea the yellow is noticeable on my ips monitor, on the TN it looks much more natural

I've taken the shot of the tree too much, i can't seem to find anything really interesting to take pictures of (taking a picture of my old canon SLR, ill see if it turns out looking decent)

I am no amazing photographer (by a long shot) but one thing I try to do is make anything look interesting, even the most boring object, just by finding a new angle to it, so a part of your car, a part of your PC, a random object in the home. You could try a tilt shift effect of your street to make it look like a model etc etc.

I am no amazing photographer (by a long shot) but one thing I try to do is make anything look interesting, even the most boring object, just by finding a new angle to it, so a part of your car, a part of your PC, a random object in the home. You could try a tilt shift effect of your street to make it look like a model etc etc.

thanks for the advice!

I keep focusing on the technical aspects of photography, time to move on the the actual subject and form etc.

This was taken at the end of the summer

9/10

Really niche I especially like the colors.

post-160594-0-86542600-1422221944_thumb.

Open it in a new tap for full quality.

9/10

Really niche I especially like the colors.

Open it in a new tap for full quality.

7/10 Looks good, but i personally dont find it all that interesting. Looks very stock photoish to me. 

here are some of mine of the doge. Not sure which one i like better, the black and white or the color.

23bpRgv.jpg

5T1qMbm.jpg

7/10 Looks good, but i personally dont find it all that interesting. Looks very stock photoish to me. 

here are some of mine of the doge. Not sure which one i like better, the black and white or the color.

23bpRgv.jpg

5T1qMbm.jpg

Color :) Since the subject is a brown and black and white dog, converting that to black and white doesnt sit well with me. 

Now, if there was alot more going on in the picture, Black and White may have worked. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

7/10

The story is that I used my iPhone 4 to take the pic with HDR and my hand was shake cause I was on a weird spot taking that picture.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

8/10, I like the BW one better. 

vMUFvxV.jpg

Video feed from my drone the other evening. Curious to see how much better the Inspire will be for stills, with its witchcraft gimbal and positioning keeping abilities. 

6/10 a nice hdr photo could be made from this photo

the highlights need to be toned down and more vibrance needs to be added

nice angle though, i like the wide angle lens and sunlight shining through the clouds

16358124652_094194f9e7_b.jpg

_MG_1430-Edit by SLYMURA, on Flickr

hellooooooooo

6/10 a nice hdr photo could be made from this photo

the highlights need to be toned down and more vibrance needs to be added

nice angle though, i like the wide angle lens and sunlight shining through the clouds

I feel like it is a bit under saturated, the colours don't quote pop. It is however in good focus, but it seems there was dirt on your lens :( 7/10

16377881332_731f1e005d_b.jpg

Nice focus on the subject, the color gradiance is nice too with the sun shining and some shadows. It is a little bit of a dull subject but it's still interesting. (7/10) By the way, you didn't rate the photo above you. 

https://flic.kr/p/qXmanr

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

Read the title of the thread then try again. It's not rocket science.

Nice focus on the subject, the color gradiance is nice too with the sun shining and some shadows. It is a little bit of a dull subject but it's still interesting. (7/10) By the way, you didn't rate the photo above you. 

https://flic.kr/p/qXmanr

Focus is fantastic, I really like the idea, But the framing is just not that great its very distracting I feel the sun takes my eyes away from the sky and tree... I just do not feel pulled to the photo. 5.5/10 

This is a 100% unedited photo I got this weekend!

16382144812_2cc6ebef85_h.jpgIMG_8094 by Downpour Photography, on Flickr

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!