Rate the Photo Above you

7/10, it's a nice photo, but I would like to see more of the surroundings, looks like a nice place! It's also on a bit of an angle (just being picky sorry)

14570870458_90f212faaa_b.jpg

Hive Beach by JordanCormack, on Flickr. Taken on a Nikon J2 with a Carl Zeiss 2.8/50 M42 lens

9/10 nice colors.

Had to climb a f****** high building to get this, and i have more:

Ijfohc7.jpg

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

9/10 nice colors.

Had to climb a f****** high building to get this, and i have more:

Ijfohc7.jpg

7/10

I love how I can see the stars! Also a lovely view! But the amount of blur on the trees really killed it for me.

http://sirreallysam.deviantart.com/art/HDR-Dreams-Mountain-View-471121077

My first attempt at HDR :) I would click for more detail btw.

post-3287-0-10982700-1406480160_thumb.jp

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

7/10

I love how I can see the stars! Also a lovely view! But the amount of blur on the trees really killed it for me.

6/10 Not a great fan of HDR and the watermark is quite distracting. Is it possible to move the watermark to the corners on deviantart?

The landscape is very good otherwise :)

Here is a picture I took at a convention here in Sweden this weekend.

14759900485_24b2b8171c_b.jpg

Really good for a first attempt. the Foreground is a little oddly lit compared to the background, as there is more warm colour after a certain point. Looks like it was a shadow, but it adds odd discolouration :P 7/10

EDIT: Darn. Ninja'd.

@Chibi Good detail on the face but would be better with a higher aperture - hand is out of focus :3 7/10

I guess this is my first attempt at light trails. Was going to do it in downtown but I forgot my SD card...... -.- Anyways, needs a higher angle but this looks pretty good:

Totally not Starbucks ad placement

pN5hDQt.jpg

9/10 nice exposure. Would like lower lighting though

https://www.flickr.com/photos/calibudangel/14741634666/

8/10, image is not straight but otherwise good photo.

14554328067_9a4ba8d13a_h.jpgSpeedshow 2014 by Zachary Ong, on Flickr

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Very good framing, the metal bars behind are not straight but you couldn't do anything about that. 10/10

8IAaE9U.jpg

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Very good framing, the metal bars behind are not straight but you couldn't do anything about that. 10/10

10/10

Really nice.

Now comes another picture taken with my phone!

irPSQwP4UXGfm.png

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

10/10

Really nice.

Now comes another picture taken with my phone!

<snip>

There is quite a lot of noise and the watch face is out of focus because your phone has focused on the glass instead. 5/10

f/3.5 1/80sec ISO-3200 (I know you are going to say there is a lot of noise :P it was a dark warehouse)

14520641502_083d386027_k.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

6/10 Not a great fan of HDR and the watermark is quite distracting. Is it possible to move the watermark to the corners on deviantart?

The landscape is very good otherwise :)

Here is a picture I took at a convention here in Sweden this weekend.

@Chibi - I actually like the Depth of Field in this picture. Single subjects and having the focus behind another object is hard for me to do and have it "work". Works well in this.

Now, if it was a full body portrait with a wider angle, yeah, all in focus. 

There is quite a lot of noise and the watch face is out of focus because your phone has focused on the glass instead. 5/10

f/3.5 1/80sec ISO-3200 (I know you are going to say there is a lot of noise :P it was a dark warehouse)

7/10

Yeah that warehouse light is killing ya! Had a similar issue this weekend at a wedding, it was all inside in poorly lit places. 

So because of that, it's pretty grainy, and not very sharp. 

A tire is not very interesting out of context unless you are shopping for tires, or it's in context (either on a bike-themed website in the tires section, or, the photo has alot more of the bike and surroundings in focus).

So, in order for it to be interesting, it's more of the photo that needs to be interesting versus the subject. That would be in the form of super clear, in focus picture, with some work done on it in Lightroom or other editor. So Again, that lighting is killing ya!

From the wedding this weekend, a couple of bridesmaids from the wedding party I was in:

EDIT: Removed at request of Parent of someone in the picture. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

7/10

Yeah that warehouse light is killing ya! Had a similar issue this weekend at a wedding, it was all inside in poorly lit places. 

So because of that, it's pretty grainy, and not very sharp. 

A tire is not very interesting out of context unless you are shopping for tires, or it's in context (either on a bike-themed website in the tires section, or, the photo has alot more of the bike and surroundings in focus).

So, in order for it to be interesting, it's more of the photo that needs to be interesting versus the subject. That would be in the form of super clear, in focus picture, with some work done on it in Lightroom or other editor. So Again, that lighting is killing ya!

From the wedding this weekend, a couple of bridesmaids from the wedding party I was in:

<snip>

Nice focus and the colours look very sharp 8/10

and here is one with the bike in focus instead :P

14520637222_f59fec0eef_k.jpg

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

Nice focus and the colours look very sharp 8/10

and here is one with the bike in focus instead :P

14520637222_f59fec0eef_k.jpg

I'm not a good critic when it comes to photography since I'm still a newbie at it, but I'll try to be. lol

8/10, Nice shot there, I find the foreground defocusing nice. The noise blended the tone and ambiance of the photo amazingly.

And, here's my shot. Was taken using my Fujifilm Finepix S4200.

28l9tv.jpg

Thank You! :lol:

"Cough, Cough, Cough"

7/10, people/shadows ocupying half the picture is a bummer.

How about the Metropolis Center?

p1Jc7Rh.jpg

7/10, people/shadows ocupying half the picture is a bummer.

How about the Metropolis Center?

p1Jc7Rh.jpg

Pros:

Long exposure

colors

Cons:

People walking in the way. However there was nothing you could do about it. 

Seems blurry with camera shake. 

9113853261_d6b5424f38_h.jpgJeep_Night 4 by Jarrett_Hunt, on Flickr

8/10, the framing is kinda wrong, there should be more space in the direction she's facing

Panning shot: 7ce2VDc.jpg

8/10, the framing is kinda wrong, there should be more space in the direction she's facing

Panning shot: 

Sorry mate, got to give this 3-4/10. I zoomed into the photo and the car is OOF from what I can see, for this to work the car needs to be very sharp! The overall framing isn't ideal on the car, I would of gotten closer to the Porsche. It also all looks a bit dark to me, cant really see a lot of detail within the image. Also because of this, the lights in the background are taking my attention away from the Porsche (all of my attention should be on the car).

Here is one from me, I had to get into the pool to get this shot which is a bit scary as the camera is not waterproof.

14690300155_3b178cdbc6_b.jpgRichard by Mat Teague, on Flickr

^^ I was using a broken 18-55 lens, and i had to manual focus. Imagine how hard is that, when the cars are not rolling on the same lane -.-". Other than that, i couldn't zoom very much, and catch the car at the same time, to give the panning effect.

^^ I was using a broken 18-55 lens, and i had to manual focus. Imagine how hard is that, when the cars are not rolling on the same lane -.-". Other than that, i couldn't zoom very much, and catch the car at the same time, to give the panning effect.

Whenever I have done panning shots, I have had the focus pre setup on manual anyway as the autofocus can not be great if you are taking static shots. If you are doing rolling shots, autofocus is your friend as long as your driver stays at the same distance away from the subject car. If your camera has live view, this will help a lot with getting the focus dead sharp. I generally use flashes to stop the motion of the car and then leave the camera to continue the pan making a nice smooth panning shot with a very sharp looking car.

Doing it in two cars not going at the same speed is not ideal. Makes it very difficult to pan properly. You either want to be going at the same speed as the other car or you want to be static.

I wouldn't generally zoom on this sort of shot, I would get the camera closer to the subject. Because you are panning, if you were to zoom it would be very easy for the photo to blur wrongly ( in different directions to the pan) because of small movements which are a lot more easily picked up from zooming.

8/10, i just hope that is not a finger on the left side

A picture of me, taken by another photographer:

LYuwyFJ.jpg

9/10, somehow the part of the tree on the left is bugging me, dunno why.

Let's keep the same color pallete:

xfIxdGB.jpg

Good colour and focus, but the buildings off to the side are kinda distracting. could of cropped it a little. 7/10

The infamous one-legged geese:

zp0Imid.jpg

For some reason this guy wanted to pose for my picture xD His leg shot up as soon as he saw the camera.

Ignore the dog shit off to the side....

9/10, somehow the part of the tree on the left is bugging me, dunno why.

<snip>

Just wanted to say on this one that it would look really good if you removed the buildings in the bottom right and just had the firework.

Good colour and focus, but the buildings off to the side are kinda distracting. could of cropped it a little. 7/10

The infamous one-legged geese:

<snip>

For some reason this guy wanted to pose for my picture xD His leg shot up as soon as he saw the camera.

Ignore the dog shit off to the side....

That goose things its a flamingo. The background defocus is very nice. Perhaps slice of the bottom inch of the photo where the foreground has blured, it looks a little trippy. The focus on the goose is nice though it looks like it might be a little blured around the top of the head. Over all 7.5/10. It would have been 8 if it wheren't for the shit :P

f/5.6 1/160sec ISO-100

14617092343_84267a57b0_k.jpg

8/10 maybe a longer exposure time?

8nCZbuv.jpg