Most obsolete thing in your home

KingKeith55

So, like the title says whats the most obsolete thing in your home or thing that you own?

For me it has to be a dial-up modem, since all the dial-up service providers here have gone, except for a provider for people in the country near here.

Either way im using cable and im not in the country so I have no use for it and nobody in the city really uses dial-up.

My brother, He just plays xbox he doesn't understand the pc master race

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

A collection of unlabeled valves for radios and stereo grams that don't exist anymore.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

A JBL video camcorder that records to Mini-DV tapes. We have no way to play them. And you can't buy them at any easy place.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

In my town the ps-nazis believe I am obsolete because I have a pc and not a ps3 and ps4 

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

There's an old walkie talkyish like phone with a big ass antenna somewhere, and some old ass TV's.

And 60% of everything here's bunches older than me.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

THIS

post-4438-0-79212700-1404097891_thumb.jp

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Uhhhh....

VGA cable?

I use vga for my nas :/

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Obselete things currently

Gameboy advanced

Old pc-

Specs:(

Some 2003 outdated pentium

512 Mb ram

40Gig hard drive

A igpu that couldn't run chrome in 2010

)

A floppy drive

Old busted 20" 720p monitor

Some phone that looks like this

old-nokia.jpg

And thats about it.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

I don't have anything obsolete, I usually upgrade to the newest thing every year and sell the old right after. Allows me to be a somewhat early adopter because the resell vaule for the older tech pays for at least 60% the price of the new tech if not more. Been that way all my life. I usually go through a smartphone about every 4-6 months, anything longer than that is rare. Sell the old, buy the new.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Some floppies and a floppy drive.

Bunch of first Gen truly mobile phones.

And maybe some ddr1

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

besides my cats.. The fireplace in my house.. I live in las Vegas, Used once every 5 years or so, its never "needed'' though. When  its cold outside i open the damn window and sleep with it open at night during winter... i love the cold

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

My good old road hockey stick.

Here in Canada road hockey is a major part of every childs life, even here on the west coast.

I've graduated, and as adulthood rests its heavy, wrinkled hand on my shoulder and guides me to my ultimate destination, I have realized I'll never use this stick again...

:'(

Either that, or my old Pentium II with the ole' slot design that has become a display item.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

A 4 GB hard drive. That and probably some old video cables.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

My 13 year old cat and these crt tv sets.

Shot glasses. As if I could afford spirits.

Oh and an iron and ironing board. Can't remember the last time I used those.

It was a tought choice, between the 25 year television or the 25 year oven or the 25 year toaster. The TV died so thats out. I'd say the oven and the toaster are in the same level of obsolete. And still work perfectly.

The oven is still used eveyday, even though my mother has a new oven, with 5 years.

my VCR combi :3 (havnt used it in ages but it still works)

original gameboy, atari 2600, sega megadrive etc, all the old obsolete console

My HP iPaq H2210, that I still use daily, who else has a window PDA?

my archos 504 which i put a 160gb ide hard drive  in!! so good!

big box of floppies (that sounds wrong)

TONS more, my family are hoarders!!!! haha although everything is very neat

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Now that I think of it, I have one of those ancient ps2 mice that use a little ball in the bottom of the mouse to move it. That has to be even more obsolete than my dial up modem.

My grandma still uses an old 1024 x 768 vga monitor for her computer and an old gateway keyboard that came with her old computer(which I am typing from right now and it's actually pretty decent)

Life.exe is missing

Lemme see:

PS/2 Ball mouse

Dialup modem (still use it)

My IBM Windows 95 laptop

An old Nokia with a 1 inch screen

My current rig (running Windows XP)

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My 13 year old cat and these crt tv sets.

wow your cat is 13 she's nearing her end

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

The collection,

2 old Epson scanner and printer.

Nokia 6600

Floppy drive with IDE cable and one floppy them self.

Old home PC with Pentium E2200 and 3 GB of RAM.

The original PSP, I do use it time to time to play GTA games on it.

Couple of tape drives.

Old satellite receivers from 2004

PS2 keyboards and mice. I do use them for troubleshooting older systems. (But they are the rest of the year in the handy stuff storage box)

New to the obsolete stuff collection, an old Siemens PC with Celeron D and integrated graphics :o

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r: