Most obsolete thing in your home

KingKeith55

The collection,

2 old Epson scanner and printer.

Nokia 6600

Floppy drive with IDE cable and one floppy them self.

Old home PC with Pentium E2200 and 3 GB of RAM.

The original PSP, I do use it time to time to play GTA games on it.

Couple of tape drives.

Old satellite receivers from 2004

New to the obsolete stuff collection, an old Siemens PC with Celeron D and integrated graphics :o

I still have a Celeron D running right now. As I type.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

wow your cat is 13 she's nearing her end

I know. Had her since she was a baby and had her mother when she was a kitten. I have another silver kitten, but 4 month kitten doesn't have the same experiences as my cat of 13 years.

I still have a Celeron D running right now. As I type.

Cool! I need to install Ubuntu on it, (It has Windows 7 Ultimate on it :blink:). It's more then 10 years old, as what the previous owner told me.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

Cool! I need to install Ubuntu on it, (It has Windows 7 Ultimate on it :blink:). It's more then 10 years old, as what the previous owner told me.

How did you get Windows 7 on it? I can't even get Vista on mine. Mine's always looping and won't boot.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

How did you get Windows 7 on it? I can't even get Vista on mine. Mine's always looping and won't boot.

The previous owner did that.

The previous owner did that.

Well, does it feel slow? AGP or PCIe? Mine has AGP. It currently has a NVidia card installed with only 32 MB of VRAM.

HD miniDV cassettes, all videos on them recorded at 960x720  :D .

1024px-DV_tape_sizes_2.jpg

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Well, does it feel slow? AGP or PCIe? Mine has AGP. It currently has a NVidia card installed with only 32 MB of VRAM.

Well the boot time was about 4 minutes, that's just to load the logon screen of Windows 7. But the user account is password locked so I need to reset that so I can finally see how it's capable of handling the severe load of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Well the boot time was about 4 minutes, that's just to load the logon screen of Windows 7. But the user account is password locked so I need to reset that so I can finally see how it's capable of handling the severe load of Windows 7 Ultimate.

Aw, It takes 10 minutes just to boot to the logon screen in XP. Then it takes another half hour to open Chrome.

Aw, It takes 10 minutes just to boot to the logon screen in XP. Then it takes another half hour to open Chrome.

Holy moly but I can always be worse, like the previous Samsung Chronos Series 7 laptop that took 6 minutes to have a fully functional Win7 to work with and I'm not kidding you if I click once on the touchpad the system would instantly freeze to death and the entire process begins again <_<

Holy moly but I can always be worse, like the previous Samsung Chronos Series 7 laptop that took 6 minutes to have a fully functional Win7 to work with and I'm not kidding you if I click once on the touchpad the system would instantly freeze to death and the entire process begins again <_<

Ummm, I got my Inspiron 600M, which has a Pentium M, first gen, and Windows XP Home preloaded. I installed Windows 8. It took a whopping hour just to get to logon screen. Then it took another 2 hours to log on.

Ummm, I got my Inspiron 600M, which has a Pentium M, first gen, and Windows XP Home preloaded. I installed Windows 8. It took a whopping hour just to get to logon screen. Then it took another 2 hours to log on.

Obsolete laptop for sure :P

Obsolete laptop for sure :P

But this was nothing. It had 2GB of RAM. I has a much older IBM Thinkpad 560. Windows 95, 16MB RAM, 4GB HDD, and a 3.5" floppy drive. Of course, they offered a CD drive, so heck yeah, I accepted. I actually got it to run Windows 7 Ultimate. Bad news. 4 hours to boot.

EDIT: Also, it is a laptop, so yeah. It has a battery, but it can't be run off the battery. It always wants to be plugged into a wall.

My friend has a Inspiron 500m, he loves it to death and he still uses it even though its screen is broken (Suprisingly the integrated graphics can handle running on a TV and the monitor O.o)

Oh yeah and I also have a windows 95 installation on a floppy

[spoiler=My Beast Rig Damocles]Case: Coolermaster Storm Stryker Motherboard: Asus x79 deluxe CPU: Intel I7 4960x @3.6GHz (soon to be oc) RAM: Kingston HyperX 64GB @2400MHz GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 770 (Gigabyte) @4GB PSU: Corsair RM1000 Fully modular CPUCooler: Corsair H100i Watercooling Storage: Seagate 2TB SV35.6 SATA 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB 3.5"   x2  Sound: Creative Soundblaster ZxR sound card

This is my old pc which I am reamending to be a media server or a nas. Motherboard: Generic fujitsu CPU: Intel pentium G640 @2.8 GHz RAM: 4GB generic fujitsu memory PSU:  CPUCooler: Stock intel cpu cooler Storage:  Fujitsu MHZ2120BH @120GB, Soon to have a HDD for more storage. 

_ASSASSIN_ Jerakl 

Probably 80% of my stuff.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

My good old road hockey stick.

Here in Canada road hockey is a major part of every childs life, even here on the west coast.

I've graduated, and as adulthood rests its heavy, wrinkled hand on my shoulder and guides me to my ultimate destination, I have realized I'll never use this stick again...

:'(

Either that, or my old Pentium II with the ole' slot design that has become a display item.

Its illegal to play road hockey here where I live in Alberta.

have an old rear projection big screen tv up stairs, my dads still living in the past =P

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Its illegal to play road hockey here where I live in Alberta.

have an old rear projection big screen tv up stairs, my dads still living in the past =P

If it was legal, there would be no roads left. You canadians and your hockey;-) (I love hockey btw:p)

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

I forgot to mention, I still have a very rectangular laptop running 3.1.

Specs:

Brand: Toshiba

RAM: 760KB

HDD: 2GB Quantum

Last year, I was actually able to install Windows XP. Using. Floppy. Disks. About 744 of them.

IPhone 3g, 2005 Dell latitude, 2008 iMac, 720p TV, more

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My crappy PC! :wacko:

Details separate people.

1970's coffee maker

Seasonic 350W power supply

The Intel DQ965GF/E6300 combo being the foundation of my file server

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Your E6300 ain't old, @Helios79.

You kidding me?? Maybe I upgrade too soon, who knows. :P

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

You kidding me?? Maybe I upgrade too soon, who knows. :P

Nah. It still has potential.