Did your interest for technology came from your parents?

We all love technology, otherwise we would not be on this forum and we would not read this post.

But how did you get interested in technology? Did your parents stimulate you to learn more about technical things or did you just play around on the internet?

My parents know very little about computers and technology. I have been playing around on the internet, trying to set up a Minecraft server and BOOM! I loved technology and I still do.

Very good, thank you.

Learning

No, my parents are a massive negative effect in my life.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

No

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

No my parents are technomorons I help them with tech from the knowledge I've gathered from my own personal interest.

Techmorons? Haha that's a first.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My dad leads a small company that deals with publisher software, so we allways had some form of the latest tech at home. I had a PC with my brother since i was 5 or 6, of course an old one from the company. I formated Floppies as a job (2.5 cents each) to buy sweets.

Yes, i would say my parents did engourage my techy-ness.

who cares...

My dad was the one that kinda got me into it but he isn't that much of a techie.

i'm a potato

Nope haha

They do LIKE tech my mum and dad have iPhones and they were excited that our TV had 3d and things but they have inherited that through me :) I am turning them techie as much as I can. They both email/facebook, text and facetime, they can record on Tivo and log into the PC just fine :)

They are getting there

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

No. My parents can't even text a message on the phone, even when i explained to them how to do it more then a 1000 times .... This is just an exemple, if i was going to tell you all the small things i wouldn't finish writing this post !!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

A lot of the posts I have read apply to my parents aswell. Haha!

Learning

My dad is the one who got me interested in PC gaming and gave me his old computer when he got a new one. Thats about it though, I've only recently been interested in PC building/parts. I've always been amazed at how PC's work, they're so complex and we take them for granted all the time.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I remember my dad playing PC games when I was a kid, so I guess that got me into computers and gaming. He doesn't play anymore though.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Nope, it was a self developed interest. 

Same here.

Computer tech came from myself.

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Same here.

Computer tech came from myself.

Gotta love curiosity huh? 

C0SWumE.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Gotta love curiosity huh? 

What is Curiosity?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

What is Curiosity?

Something I try to avoid but in the end can never escape from. 

bfa709616429ea68e6c602784318704613448173

Nope not at all lol.

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

I would say my mom did, first time I saw the inside of a computer was because of her adding ram to one.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

I guess I'm unlike most people here. My dad is a software engineer and I learned a lot about computers itself before I went into hardware. From then on he didn't help much, and now I help out with a lot of things, but I don't think I would of been here without him =D

My parents don't know anything about tech...

My interest in tech is just a byproduct of what I deemed nessesary knowledge as a PC gamer, to learn about the different components and what I need to play games at X settings.

That and the fact that if you're willing to actually read the instructions, you learn quite a lot. My mother has difficulties reading simple instructions that appear and she always call me to know what to do... even if the screen clearly tells her that "flash player wants to update click OK to continue" (paraphrasing, but you get my drift), so yeah...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I got a SNES when I was like 6 and I guess it started from there and ramped up gradually. They were never very interested.

my dad built me my first computer and is a computer engineer now (we live in the silicon valley). So very much yes. I am very thankful for it and wish to become an engineer myself.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)