Did your interest for technology came from your parents?

Yea...my parents don't really know too much about technology, and they aren't some big supporters either.

My dad played CS with his friends.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

Nope, they're often saying that I spend far too much time with technology, even though I've good results at college and I'm the only one of the "children" that actually does their chores everyday, and then some. (I like things clean and tidy so the house is nice for when they get home.)

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

They think I'm burning money on PC's, "get a laptop, smaller, looks better and costs less" they said. lel.

Until I water cooled it, they think I invented something new.

So, answer is no.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

My parents are both technology illiterate. They can barely turn on the TV.

Like some other people, I was somewhat influenced by my parent. My Dad is an IT executive. While he no longer works with computers or programming (that I know of). He currently runs the cyber security part of the company he works for now. I'm not sure how much he actually knows about it since I don't really ask him about it cause he's so busy and doesn't live with me. When I was a kid though, he would always tell me about writing programs and hacking into coworkers computers to prove a point. Which always fascinated me that you could hack into someone else's computer without them knowing who did it. I think that's where my love for hacking comes from. Plus, with my dad being in the IT industry I generally had a lot of tech stuff. We had two PC's when most people barely had one.

My mom on the other hand, knows nothing. If I show her how to open a document on her chromebook today, she'll ask me to do it again tomorrow.

Definitely not. Although I got interested in all things technical when watching my dad repair tractors and forklifts... and when I wanted a better computer for games, I really got into electronics and PC hardware. And since i always enjoyed electronics, as well as other electric devices, I decided to study electrical engineering...

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

No, my parents are a massive negative effect in my life.

your birth isnt is a pretty positive effect on your life if you ask me..

your birth isnt is a pretty positive effect on your life if you ask me..

Not when you are beaten for 12 years of your life with things like a cain and belt buckles.

Son to a father who preys on helpless people, basically a monster who cannot defend himself, he has never worked a day in his life and lives of yours and our taxes.

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Nope. Actually started when my grandma gave me her old eMachines PC.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Yes, my dad has always used computers for the work he does and it kinda carried over to me. My parents weren't the only ones though, as my retired grandfather has recently started building pcs for friends and family, and allowed me to help with a computer for my family to use. It went well and I have been enthralled ever since.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

I think my Dad might have influenced me to get into technology because he always had the fastest *cough cough* computer in the house. he also knew more about computers than me when I was 7 but i was always tinkering with my PC to make t faster even when i didn't know what I was doing. So I guess they influenced me to get into computers and stuff but I kinda got into it myself too.