New Surface Pro 3 officially announced by Microsoft. Designed to destroy laptops.[Update2: Surface Mini killed by Elop]

Rafy

You all seem to be missing the point. This isn't a general consumer device for people looking to get bang for buck. This is for professionals that don't need to worry about the price, only how they can work more effectively

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

So is this some new type of display tech? no pixel display sounds pretty awesome. I wish my monitor was pixel free. 

Talking about price, one thing that people forget, is that if you go with a MacBook Air, you need to buy an a tablet as well. And assuming you want the same eco-system, it will be an iPad. And you still live in a 2 world environment, where you have files on both device, and different programs to work with and hope they are inter compatible without issue.

So is this some new type of display tech? no pixel display sounds pretty awesome. I wish my monitor was pixel free. 

Retina Display is a registered word by Apple. No one can use it to refer to a display. Microsoft decided to cut the marketing crap, and call it as it is... ie: you won't see the pixels.

New power connector:

Surface-Pro-3-powersupply_Web-1280x720.j

Look like it is no longer magnetic which sucks, but plastic so it won't scratch the case for those you don't pay attention and not carefully connect the connector

Retina Display is a registered word by Apple. No one can use it to refer to a display. Microsoft decided to cut the marketing crap, and call it as it is... ie: you won't see the pixels.

I know. it just sounds really silly. 

I dont like the position of the windows button :| other than that this tablet seems awesome

I dont like the position of the windows button :| other than that this tablet seems awesome

the new type cover actually occupies that region of the device, so i guess it makes sense.

I for one think it will be a great thing. Finally a surface that's appealing to me. The first 2 just appeared too gimmicky and iPad-esque to be interesting. Even at this pricepoint it's attractive (I like the i5+8gb RAM), especially if it comes bundled with the cover. 12" with proper speakers and a good battery life? Sign me in, the new hinge mechanism is a nice bonus too.

Anyone hazard a guess what CPU/GPU combination this will be? I'm guessing 4400 for the iGPU, no idea what CPU tho'.

If the reviews are good (build quality, screen quality, battery life of 10+ hrs) I'll probbably get one. Definately liking the new Surface at first sight.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Well, back to school comes early for me with this :)

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Pretty interesting, at least microsoft has made the concept interesting again with the third gen, nothing i would buy at that price tho.

And the Surface Pro 2 have yet to launch here in Malaysia. Cmon Microsoft.. 

And the Surface Pro 2 have yet to launch here in Malaysia. Cmon Microsoft.. 

Well...neither in pretty much all of eastern-southeastern Europe.Idk what to say about the rest of the world.

It would be way too expensive anyway.

Turn the exact $xxx into xxx EUR,then add 0-5% and bam!30% higher price than in the US.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Nineshadow, on 21 May 2014 - 02:20 AM, said:

Well...neither in pretty much all of eastern-southeastern Europe.Idk what to say about the rest of the world.

It would be way too expensive anyway.

Turn the exact $xxx into xxx EUR,then add 0-5% and bam!30% higher price than in the US.

Here's what I found in the local forum thread;

'By the end of August, Surface Pro 3 and select new accessories will become available for purchase in 26 additional markets, including Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom.'

Sorry no Romania in the list. But as you said, they are bound to be much much expensive than in US by the time it gets here. I still can't believe the SP2 is not even here yet. I'm willing to trade my desktop for it.

Will always prefer a laptop . . .

That's the point, it's nor a tablet nor laptop, it's ... laptablet !

you can useit as both !

I love when he said

Its fanless

then showed what the fan looked like.....

Please actually watch the video. He never once said the Surface Pro 3 was fanless.

Please actually watch the video. He never once said the Surface Pro 3 was fanless.

Yeah I know he was talking about fanless and used the word fanless, then talks about the new fan design

I just had a little chuckle :)

Genuinely looking to purchase one, although the price on  the previous gen surface Pros at the moment are really good, 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Onto carpet. Nothing breaks on carpet especially when it's thick carpet and not old and thin.

It's not thick carpet.. you can hear a good *THUD*, meaning there's wood closely underneath it.

It's not thick carpet.. you can hear a good *THUD*, meaning there's wood closely underneath it.

Compared to my carpet it's thick. Compared to most people's carpet it's thick probably because it's new carpet.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I wanted thunderbolt 2 so I could sell my rig and do an external gpu box with this :(

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB