LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

3 hours ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Linus said during WAN they will look into hardware for prizes, I have not heard anything from them though 

Update

image.png.dae5ff41fcb52e5865724c63e53ed0be.png

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 hours ago, AndrewHamOp said:

They're doing pretty well, I'm getting a little over 2900 PPD on Pi #01 which is overclocked running at 2.2GHz. Pi #02 is an older revision of the 4 that doesn't handle higher frequencies as well, so I'm getting almost 2650 PPD at 1.8GHz with that. It'll be interesting to see how the Pi 5 handles once I get a hold of one.

I'm heading up to my grandpa's house today to reboot my server (which is really just my old PC with no dedicated GPU). It's an i7 4790k so the PPD won't be crazy compared to my 7800x3D but it'll certainly be better than leaving it idle.

That's awesome! I tried folding with my Pi3 but I was looking at 1WU done in...27 days 😅. I've been looking for an 8GB Raspberry Pi 5 here in Germany but sadly only been able to find the 4gb version 😑

My Folding Stats

Current Rigs

Raspberry Pi 5 8GB, Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero...I like Pi

Fractal North,ASRock Riptide B550, Ryzen 7 5700X, 6700XT with custom CPU/GPU loop.

On 10/28/2023 at 11:25 PM, Lightwreather JfromN said:

So to the people in the following list, the folding names you've entered into the sign-up form are not turning up anything on the EOC database, so I'd like for you to confirm that the folding name you've given is correct, or that you have not folded under that name as yet. Do note that folding names are case-sensitive.

Format of the following: Forum name Folding name

@Induwara Matheesha, Induwara_MN

@Braindead Jimmy BraindeadJimmy
@Koeger Gerry_Koehn
@Needfuldoer Needfuldoer
@taigrr taigrr
@DoctaJones81 DoctaJones
@SirSaibot SirSaibot
@OriginalFloof OriginalFloof
@Bentheminernz Bentheminernz
@woldemort woldemort
@Stevens PC Service stevenspcservice
@80thRaptor 80thRaptor
@Andrus the fourth AndrusTheFourth
@sunam9999 Mason2
@MajorQuake18 MajorQuake18
@PlayerZeroGaming PlayerZeroGaming
@Limit_zer0 Limit_zer0
@KZaicon KZaicon
@jvermette jvermette
@switchJump switchJump

@disapproving-scurvy disapproving-scurvy
@Bakkukira Bakkukira
@DemonShikano DemonShikano
@Faruman Faruman
@Hippmensch Hippmensch

@srk38997 srk38997

@Icuru icuru

@TMan95 TMan95

@imnotreallysam Sam_Capila

@JanArrah JanArrah

@Glitchy_Dev Glitchy_Dev

@Oddball3 Joel_Monroe

@SerrikVorrik SerrikVorrik
@Warren Jones KOLDINGHAUS
@BlazejKot BlazejKot
@Lee B Lee_B
@friedspit friedspit
@madPac madPac
@Orenorie YarbroughB
@threequid threequid
@peckservers peckservers
@tabytac tabytac
@LeonSnow LeonSnow
@Swampdawg Swampdawg47
@Dragon_Nexo Dragon_Nexo
@MxMari.o MxMari.o
@Jonoxide Jonoxide

@Komsnore Komsnore
@Jugi963 Jugi963

Once again, check that the spelling, case, and numbers in your folding name are indeed correct. Thank you and Good night.

image.png.20e52f94606382c1c465e5573973af6a.png

I do show up in the rankings but somehow not when you search for my username on EOC database, been folding for two weeks now so I'm still pretty new to this.
Anyone have an Idea how to fix that?

1 hour ago, Intrinsic said:

Hardware prizes would be amazing 😄

*fingers crossed*

Hardware prizes are not out of the question; some previous years had them (GPU giveaways for example)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Hardware prizes are not out of the question; some previous years had them (GPU giveaways for example)

Although, only a single event has had hardware giveaways, Folding Month II(Folding Month 2019) 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, Koeger said:

I do show up in the rankings but somehow not when you search for my username on EOC database, been folding for two weeks now so I'm still pretty new to this.
Anyone have an Idea how to fix that?

I found you on EOC & FAH:

https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=1332075

https://stats.foldingathome.org/donor/id/678803289

Not much of a Gamer….. But I have thing about F@H that may be a little over the top.   See my builds here

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

Although, only a single event has had hardware giveaways, Folding Month II(Folding Month 2019) 

That just means they've had four years to build up excess stock they have no use for and can give away :^) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Is the grand prize the pile of review units Jake is undoubtedly folding on right now? 😆

He's folding on a Camino server rn AFAIK 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

They should just give copies of the LTT Christmas Album as prizes 🤣

My Folding Stats

Current Rigs

Raspberry Pi 5 8GB, Raspberry Pi 4 4GB, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi Zero...I like Pi

Fractal North,ASRock Riptide B550, Ryzen 7 5700X, 6700XT with custom CPU/GPU loop.

43 minutes ago, HoldSquat said:

That's awesome! I tried folding with my Pi3 but I was looking at 1WU done in...27 days 😅. I've been looking for an 8GB Raspberry Pi 5 here in Germany but sadly only been able to find the 4gb version 😑

I wasn't even aware that the Pi 5 was available to the public yet. I've been checking Adafruit every few days and I'm signed up for a stock notification, guess they just haven't gotten any yet.

Hah, 1WU in 27 days is a bit pointless indeed. Honestly I just wanted the challenge of getting FaH to run on the Pi, even if the speed isn't all that worth the effort. Getting those dang python dependencies for FAHControl properly installed was a nightmare. For anyone else who wants to try, look here for python-gtk2 on Debian/Ubuntu, and look here to figure out how to fake FAHControl into believing that the correct version of python is installed. Between these 2 pages I managed get FAHControl running so I could configure remote access. Technically you don't need these to install FAHClient if you just want to have a single (or multiple) PIs running by themselves but I wanted web control over the network hence why I needed FAHControl. It's also possible to configure web control using the config.xml file but I couldn't find any good documentation on how to properly set it up.

Fail - First. Attempt. In. Learning. Just because you fell flat on your face and knocked out a tooth the first time doesn't mean it's not worth trying a second, third, or fourth time. Keep trying until you run out of teeth! If you're still trying, they also make pretty convening dental implants nowadays... Don't give up because someone told you.

Ryzen 7-7800x3D | 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30 | GTX980 AMP! | Noctua NH-U12A | 1x 2TB 970 Evo Plus (boot), 1x 1TB Evo Plus, 1x WD Red Plus 3TB HDD |SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850Fractal Design Pop Air RGB |

Got my server running the client now too. My total PPD including all my machines is around 1,353,000 assuming those numbers don't change with each new job. Is there a more reliable way to measure performance or a way to go about finding my WU/d?

Fail - First. Attempt. In. Learning. Just because you fell flat on your face and knocked out a tooth the first time doesn't mean it's not worth trying a second, third, or fourth time. Keep trying until you run out of teeth! If you're still trying, they also make pretty convening dental implants nowadays... Don't give up because someone told you.

Ryzen 7-7800x3D | 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30 | GTX980 AMP! | Noctua NH-U12A | 1x 2TB 970 Evo Plus (boot), 1x 1TB Evo Plus, 1x WD Red Plus 3TB HDD |SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850Fractal Design Pop Air RGB |

I miss Den-Fi... 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I miss Den-Fi... 

He is with us in spirit hardware. I recall somebody here borrowed some of his stuff?

CPU Intel i7-7700 | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 | Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming | RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 3.6GHz 32GB | GPU EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 FTW3 Ultra Gaming |

Case Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage Samsung 980 PRO 500GB, Samsung 970 EVO+ "v2" 2TB | PSU Corsair RM850x 2021 | Display ASUS VP247QG + Samsung SyncMaster T220 | OS Garuda Linux

8 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

I miss Den-Fi... 

He left big shoes to fill....  I was just a baby folder back then... sucking at the teet of a GTX1060.... 

Not much of a Gamer….. But I have thing about F@H that may be a little over the top.   See my builds here

4 minutes ago, CWP said:

He is with us in spirit hardware. I recall somebody here borrowed some of his stuff?

that would be the nose-man himself @Schnoz

1 minute ago, Schnoz said:

herself*

But yeah, I bought some stuff off Den, and he also sent me some more stuff. There should be a few others here who also have some of Den's stuff too!

didn't know, excuse my ignorance. 

23 minutes ago, Schnoz said:

No worries!

tbh, I didn't know you were a lady! 

Boys, be on your best behaviour /s 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

6 minutes ago, Denning21 said:

its almost data pull time!

Yeah... probably going to be me alone again to get it out asap as @cbigfootis a little behind 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

7 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Yeah... probably going to be me alone again to get it out asap as @cbigfootis a little behind 

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this event. Its awsome 

-- When you have more than what you need, build a bigger table, not a bigger fence --

6 minutes ago, Dark_Hunter said:

Thank you for all the work you do.

4 minutes ago, Denning21 said:

Thank you for all the hard work you put into this event. Its awsome 

No, Thank you, all of you who make this event worth it year after year 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240