LTT Official Folding Month VI

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

Message added by TVwazhere,

Daily point updates are posted here:

1 hour ago, LAR_Systems said:

For anyone interested in keeping it competitive/seeing who is creeping up in production on you throughout the day I have put the teams 24 Hour Rolling PPD ranks and Monthly Team Ranks pages in to event mode highlighting the users signed up as listed in the Google Doc.

These are ROLLING PPD ranks so they change during the day as the system finds updated data from F@H.

THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL EVENT RANKS AND WILL NOT LIKELY MATCH OFFICIAL EVENT RANKS.

THIS IS DUE TO THE ROLLING UPDATES VS THE OFFICIAL VALIDATED ONES PUT IN THE EVENT BLOG POSTS DAILY.

PLEASE DO NOT BUG THOSE RUNNING THE EVENT ABOUT THESE RANKS, THEY ARE JUST FOR FUN TO SEE WHO MIGHT BE SNEAKING UP ON THE REST OF US WITH MERC ARMIES "BORROWED" 4090s ETC. DURING THE DAY.

LINUSTECHTIPS_TEAM ROLLING 24HR PPD RANKS

FOLDERS PARTICIPATING IN THE NOV 2023 EVENT ARE HIGHLIGHTED

image.thumb.png.70d242f9751250e1a60d272fbb00ca39.png

LINUSTECHTIPS_TEAM OVERALL RANKS: NOVEMBER 2023

FOLDERS PARTICIPATING IN THE NOV 2023 EVENT ARE HIGHLIGHTED

image.thumb.png.bed960c580c752333e825f3d206c4514.png

Its gonna be fun watching this! now all i gotta do is convince myself to not buy more hardware to make number go up 🤣

4 minutes ago, Tbon88 said:

Its gonna be fun watching this! now all i gotta do is convince myself to not buy more hardware to make number go up 🤣

Just wait till you're reading the daily blogs... That will make you wanna buy more HW... Which you should be doing right now! Inno3D have a 2 slot 4070ti 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Just wait till you're reading the daily blogs... That will make you wanna buy more HW... Which you should be doing right now! Inno3D have a 2 slot 4070ti 

This is the truth, and frankly if you're going to cave it's best to do it early in the month, than mid month like seems to be the regular pattern.

Easier to get out in front early than to catch up!

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

I finally get home late from work tonight.

I planned on using Parsec to turn my systems on, but it's just flat out blocked here. I'm able to go onto the site and log in, but the remote connection is just blocked. I'll be up and folding tomorrow!

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Always remember... Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life...

An alternative route of staying warm is to buy more GPUs and run folding 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Always remember... Give a man a fire, keep him warm for a day, set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life...

An alternative route of staying warm is to buy more GPUs and run folding 

You joke, but it's a legitimate part of my winter heating plan. 0.12 KW/h is a lot cheaper than propane 😉

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Well, I ended up having an extremely regrettable hardware failure the very first day of the event -- turns out my boot SSD was from a faulty batch of Samsung drives that got soft recalled, and my Windows install bricked itself today!

I have it up and folding now, should be good to go.

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

You joke, but it's a legitimate part of my winter heating plan. 0.12 KW/h is a lot cheaper than propane 😉

Can't relate. Pennsylvania's basically an island floating on a sea of natural gas. You go north of Allentown or West of reading and natural gas is basically free. So free that some western PA towns have combustible tap water

Just now, BiotechBen said:

Can't relate. Pennsylvania's basically an island floating on a sea of natural gas. You go north of Allentown or West of reading and natural gas is basically free. So free that some western PA towns have combustible tap water

The irony of that is I live in a place that produces a lot of natural gas and oil, but it's still not cheap up here.(Alaska). We're still under $3 a gallon for propane, and I locked in $2.5 a gallon for winter by prepaying a bunch. I pretty much just use propane to keep the house from freezing while I'm gone if electricity goes out and then when I'm home I have sensors in rooms that don't have computers or F@H machines in them like my bedroom to supplement heat there. 

Alaska is cool. I can heat my house with propane, diesel or wood. With folding I can also use electricity.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

36 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

The irony of that is I live in a place that produces a lot of natural gas and oil, but it's still not cheap up here.(Alaska). We're still under $3 a gallon for propane, and I locked in $2.5 a gallon for winter by prepaying a bunch. I pretty much just use propane to keep the house from freezing while I'm gone if electricity goes out and then when I'm home I have sensors in rooms that don't have computers or F@H machines in them like my bedroom to supplement heat there. 

Alaska is cool. I can heat my house with propane, diesel or wood. With folding I can also use electricity.

My (secondhand) experience with Alaska has been that nearly everything is exceptionally expensive and behind due to the remote nature of it and low population density outside of Juneau and Anchorage.

The wholesale vs retail price for propane between the Midwest (cheapest) and here shows that having regional monopolies only hurts consumers. Wholesale is nearly the same, about a $0.20 spread, but retail is about a 3x difference.

13 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

My (secondhand) experience with Alaska has been that nearly everything is exceptionally expensive and behind due to the remote nature of it and low population density outside of Juneau and Anchorage.

The wholesale vs retail price for propane between the Midwest (cheapest) and here shows that having regional monopolies only hurts consumers. Wholesale is nearly the same, about a $0.20 spread, but retail is about a 3x difference.

I live in a remote part of Berlin, Germany. The prices of food etc... are OK, but the cost of anything regarding energy is in another league than what you have over there. The average price for electricity here is around 46ct/KWh and the Euro is almost equal to the USD.

And We are ready for the first of 35 updates, Data Pull is currently in progress, updates to comes in the next 15-30 mins with the blog coming around one hour after that 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

4 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

And We are ready for the first of 35 updates, Data Pull is currently in progress, updates to comes in the next 15-30 mins with the blog coming around one hour after that 

That reminds me that I need to get my laptop folding. Missing out on ~1m ppd

9 minutes ago, Heats with Nvidia said:

I live in a remote part of Berlin, Germany. The prices of food etc... are OK, but the cost of anything regarding energy is in another league than what you have over there. The average price for electricity here is around 46ct/KWh and the Euro is almost equal to the USD.

Flat rate electricity gonna be saving me some money... Ever so slightly below market value, but that's before the real cold weather sinks in and they jack the prices up 40% again. That 1MW of electricity is also unusual, it was exceptionally hot for a very long time here. It only recently broke from being hot, we had like 2 weeks of fall and now it's headed steeply toward winter.

Screenshot_20231101_200026_Word~2.jpg

Data pull successful, day one stats are in, validation in progress, well done to everyone for your first day of folding 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

I'm still not showing on the list, I definitely signed up in time, can someone look into this please?

2 minutes ago, Dark_Hunter said:

I'm still not showing on the list, I definitely signed up in time, can someone look into this please?

Sigh, the list is not kept up to date, mostly because there is so much to get sorted before the event kicks off, wait for the official stats 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

16 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

Data pull successful, day one stats are in, validation in progress, well done to everyone for your first day of folding 

Data validated as correct, integrity 100%, blog post to come in the next hour or so 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

29 minutes ago, madprofessor207 said:

@LAR_Systems It seems to be working now!

Hide contents

Really happy to hear that!

Made some changes to account for slight differences in how GPU drivers are loaded for AMD devices and that seems to have fixed the data load.

Think I’m going to enjoy operating this version of the client as a web app instead of a browser extension as I can push updates in minutes, not days.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

50 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Flat rate electricity gonna be saving me some money... Ever so slightly below market value, but that's before the real cold weather sinks in and they jack the prices up 40% again. That 1MW of electricity is also unusual, it was exceptionally hot for a very long time here. It only recently broke from being hot, we had like 2 weeks of fall and now it's headed steeply toward winter.

Screenshot_20231101_200026_Word~2.jpg

image.png.69ae1a3a1c0ddd564b37baf546f6dae1.pngimage.png.0b5348a0f8fb3e9f9f7b005330a1647e.png

Dang i pulled almost as much as you lol...not sure how i pulled such little electricity last october lol i guess it was that much cooler.

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup

oops @leadeater Delete this

My EOC F@H stats | My F@H Stats | My Real time F@H Production | My Boinc Stats

My team in point Generation order:

- Bender: Corsair CARBIDE 600C | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | Noctua NH-U14H | 1TB Toshiba SSD | EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070LHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | EVGA FTW 3070FHR 8GB Metal BackPlate | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 1000 Gold SSR-1000FX | 55" Samsung 120Hz 3D TV

- Scooty-Puff: Alienware M15R5 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7-5800H | 64GB DDR4-3200 | PC711 & WD SN750 SE 1TB | 3070M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Omicron_Persei_8: Dell G5 5511 | Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS | Intel i7-11800 | 32GB DDR4-3200 | 1x512GB BC711 & 2TB Intel 660p | 3060M | 240 Watt ACadapter

- Calculon (MainTower): Fractal Design Meshify S2 White | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 3900x | 32GB DDR4-3200 TridentZ RGB | Noctua NH-D15 | 1x SN750SE | AMD 5700XT XFX Rx-57XT8OFF6 | Gigabyte X570 WiFi Pro | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold SSR-750FX | 2x Dell S3422DWG & Dell U2715H & Dell U2917W

- Leela:  Fractal Design Focus G Blue | Win 11 Pro | AMD Ryzen 2600 | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz | AMD Wraith cooler | Toshiba KSG60ZMV256G | EVGA 2060 KO | Gigabyte X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING | Seasonic FOCUS Plus 650 Gold SSR-650-FX | 

Honorable Mentions:

- iZac (Server): Fractal Design Node 804 | Win 11 Pro | Ryzen 5700G | 32GB DDR4-3200MHz Crucial CL22 4x8GB | AMD Wraith Prism

5x1TB NVME | 2x2TB 7x4TB 1x 8TB SATA HDD | ASROCKRACK x470D4U | RM750i PSU | NO Monitor

- Nibbler: Framework 16 | Win 11 Pro | AMD R7 7840HS | 16" 2560x1600 | 64 GB RAM DDR5-5600 | 2TB WD SN770m & 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 | AMD 780M  | 180Watt ACadapter

2023 Model 3 Ryzen APU | 2TB Samsung T7

Useful stuff i may mention

F@H Babysitter | F@H in the Dark | HFM Setup