Off Topic Chit Chat

13 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

chocolates and chocolate factories are the same thing, that's common knowledge.  Of course it would take a long time to send all those machines

/s xD

Well I am sad. They had actually ran out of reduced hampers and were unable to send me one. All they found do was refund it.

Linus is my fetish.

16 hours ago, Thecomputerman said:

Wish I had a cat : (

*Purrs at The computer man.

Linus is my fetish.

Made this video.... when the toast from the Razer Breadwinner is just tooo goood lol

The BEST GIF.mp4

I like Computer Stuffs. Have you tried unplugging it and plugging it in again? Automation Expert (Bots, scripts, etc)! Add me on Xbox Live: JollyPlanet449 And on Steam!: Baxtmann Wanshow.tips is a cool place too

There's an article I read in a local newspaper about one of the bigger TV stations in my country who had their truck full of equipment catching fire, leaving the crew that was supposed to cover a football match without equipment. They ended up borrowing equipment from a local church who happened to have professional equipment. Like the heading says: "Was left without equipment after fire in TV bus - church was their savior"

On 29/03/2016 at 1:25 AM, Thecomputerman said:

Can't wait to build my own pic!

No way, I just did! 

images (12).jpg

- snip-

On 14.3.2016 at 0:36 AM, Tosa said:

I feel the need to hate on the Nordic keyboard layout. They've combined the Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish keyboard layouts into one physical keyboard layout, which has confused me on several occasions. Most computers and keyboard sold in Norway (and probably the other Nordic countries as well) has this layout.

I mean, in both Denmark and Norway, we use the three last letters in out alphabet, Æ, Ø and Å, a lot (Ä, Ö and Å in Sweden and Finland), however, the Danish and Norwegian Ø and Æ is on the opposite key relative to each other.

Try pointing out the Æ and the backslash in the Norwegian layout (and please try ignoring how dirty my keyboard is):

2016-03-16 00.18.52.jpg

And the key between Esc and Tab; Wounder which of all those six symbols it'll actually make?

2016-03-16 00.19.10.jpg

Hmm... Wounder if/where I can buy proper Æ and Ø buttons online...

On 30 March 2016 at 8:57 PM, kerfurfulsnitz said:

Nice day today. Wish it was like this more often.

Cats lying in the sun

Hope you guys and gals are having a nice day wherever you are. :)

But it's England so we have all the weather at the same time. c:

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I'm currently in a tech support chat and I can't tell if it's a robot.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

39 minutes ago, Aytex said:

snippy snip (if there had been some snipping, she wouldn't be in that situation... just sayin').

Windows 10 is the new Candy Crush.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

3 hours ago, Tosa said:

The perk of running Windows 10 is that it doesn't nag about upgrading to Windows 10.

Neither does 7 if know what you're doing :P

And I don't mean some shady hack,I mean simple, legit settings changes and some common sense.  You can even still get updates to 7 safely

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Can an iPhone update while orbiting the moon?

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

17 minutes ago, Kierax said:

if it is by some miracle at proper operating temperature and has network access (or has already downloaded the update) I don't see why not

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

18 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I'm pretty sure your wifi signal doesn't reach that far, and no mobile network vendor covers that area as far as I'm aware of.

Hello people

i haz a question

i wanted to build a Cheap gaming pc and i already have:

an HDD

memory

monitor

mouse and keyboard

but i know thats not enough things and this was the best place i cud think of to ask this question M8's what would be the best and cheap

CPU

GPU

PSU

MOBO

and case

for under 250-350

5 minutes ago, Jibran_Syed said:

*snip*

Welcome to the forum :) This isn't really the best place for that though; I'd start a new thread in "New Builds and Planning". They are going to want to know your location and a little more about that memory and HDD you already have if you hope to reuse them. 

7 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Welcome to the forum :) This isn't really the best place for that though; I'd start a new thread in "New Builds and Planning". They are going to want to know your location and a little more about that memory and HDD you already have if you hope to reuse them. 

Thanks Man

On 30/03/2016 at 10:43 PM, Thecomputerman said:

Undeletable quote

Linus is my fetish.