Off Topic Chit Chat

test

Well, now you're reading this, I might as well inspire you with a deep quote

If you fall, I'll be there

- Floor

so inspiring, so deep, the feels ;-;  THE FEELS ;-;

Newer Build which I'm gonna buy when I haz moneyz

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£0.00)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£25.98 @ Novatech)
Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 GAMING ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£78.10 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£0.00)
Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.76 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£0.00)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Corsair 780T ATX Full Tower Case  (£149.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For £0.00)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK)
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter  (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (£184.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £803.77

somethings says '£0.00' because I already bought them

probably best remix out there

If I follow you, consider your self lucky, I rarely follow people and when I do it's either because

1) I look up to you

2)I like your picture

3) Or you have an epic ass rig (40 titan x's 9 6700k's clocked at 29GHz that is what I call a epic ass rig, but no one has that soo...)

they should really put expansions in a different category i mean if something that is big like fallout expansions it should really call EDLC and shit like useless map packs and should be called DLC and shit like horse armor or content that hsa been cut out of a game to be made as DLC should be called well horse armor.... :dry:

lives on

BAKABT

I just tried out the HTC Vive at my local micro center. Highly recommend. 

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

1 hour ago, BingoFishy said:

I just tried out the HTC Vive at my local micro center. Highly recommend. 

God, technology is awesome for you guys out there.  Here is Scotland we have RAM and GPUs.  A few peripherals then just shit tons of TVs.  on top of that, the stores think the population know absolutely nothing about PCs.  Honestly, one of the stores I went to was charing £800 (around $1200) just for a cheap-o dell.  I had to value the machine myself and they just gave up when I said it was worth around £60.  I was right. 

(Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Optiplex-Computer-Desktop-Professional/dp/B010IFC6LM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1463943333&sr=8-4&keywords=Dell

50 minutes ago, Qyndryx said:

God, technology is awesome for you guys out there.  Here is Scotland we have RAM and GPUs.  A few peripherals then just shit tons of TVs.  on top of that, the stores think the population know absolutely nothing about PCs.  Honestly, one of the stores I went to was charing £800 (around $1200) just for a cheap-o dell.  I had to value the machine myself and they just gave up when I said it was worth around £60.  I was right. 

(Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dell-Optiplex-Computer-Desktop-Professional/dp/B010IFC6LM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1463943333&sr=8-4&keywords=Dell

Woah, that's bad. But micro center is an exception, most stores aren't quite as good (or as bad as yours). A quarter of Micro Center is the Build Your Own Pc (BYOPC) section and there's an aisle full of gaming peripherals (with a mechanical switch tester) next to more peripherals. They even have a drone sale going on right now. I'll update this post with a map in a sec. EDIT: Couldn't find a map of my micro center. Here's a panorama instead, with the BYOPC area at the back, in front of the wall of CPU's. 

images_stores_storePANO.jpg

Specs:

I got myself a VPS a while back, and realized that I didn't know what to do with it, so I just started doing whatever I felt like doing with it. Long story short, I now have my own email server, web server, a public DNS server that strips away ads and discards .onion requests right away not to leak it any further, and a public NTP time server for, you know, get the clock right. It also runs the forum for my Minecraft server, blocky.city.

tnnss.net / 2a03:b0c0:2:d0::3d4:1 / 188.166.22.5

If you want to check it out. Just don't unnecessarily spam it, because if you do, I'll find you, and I'll hang you by your eyelids and force you to blink.

Just made myself a meme...
DON'T JUMP! YOU HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL ENERGY | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

You can tell I didn't spend much time on it.

Like it anyway?

Specs:

Linus should make a computer, wrapped in bacon to test water cooling systems in extreme conditions. What's extreme about that? well the bacon is being cooked on the bbq spit the whole machine is attached too.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Golden oldie game, GG Shinobi played fully by moi:

Linus is my fetish.

On 22/05/2016 at 8:35 PM, BingoFishy said:

Woah, that's bad. But micro center is an exception, most stores aren't quite as good (or as bad as yours). A quarter of Micro Center is the Build Your Own Pc (BYOPC) section and there's an aisle full of gaming peripherals (with a mechanical switch tester) next to more peripherals. They even have a drone sale going on right now. I'll update this post with a map in a sec. EDIT: Couldn't find a map of my micro center. Here's a panorama instead, with the BYOPC area at the back, in front of the wall of CPU's. 

-snip-

What?!  That is awesome!  You can literally build your own PC in the store.  That is like paradise!  To put it this way... I am a video person, not a bibliophile.  Here is scotland it is like reading a book whilst over there is like watching 8K @ 244Hz!  

On 09/05/2016 at 8:30 PM, LynxThe1st said:

holy mother fucking shit this is like monsters inc on cocaine

Hahahaha!  I remember watching this with my friend a while back.  That is like Monsters Inc. on Cocaine and the Cocaine is on Steroids.

3 hours ago, Qyndryx said:

What?!  That is awesome!  You can literally build your own PC in the store.  That is like paradise!  To put it this way... I am a video person, not a bibliophile.  Here is scotland it is like reading a book whilst over there is like watching 8K @ 244Hz!  

I'm not sure if you can actually build your pc in the store - but the guys who work there know their stuff and I've seen them help other people pick parts, etc.

Specs:

Apple makes me happy, guys!

My old Dell Inspiron 1525 died in January of 2016 and I had been wanting a MacBook Pro with Retina Display for a while because I had gotten used to the crystal clear, crisp display while using my iPhone 5S. After 5 months of being without a laptop, I took the leap and applied for a Barclay Visa with Apple rewards. I was immediately approved and was able to start using my credit immediately to purchase the 13" via Apple's online store. I debated over the advantages/disadvantages of 13" versus 15". I really wanted something smaller that I could carry around easily. From my previous experience with a 15" laptop, it's more cumbersome to deal with. I choose the 512GB because I needed more storage and was of deleting files to make room. It's super quiet and fast. I also love that it starts up and shuts down quickly. It was super simple to do the initial setup. Coming from using Windows Vista was a change, but I'm enjoying learning to navigate iOS. I am very pleased and I would surely purchase another one when the time comes.

tumblr_nedjbhB7np1qh4mpko1_500 (1).jpg

Corsair VS power supply is causing a BSOD on cold bootup, figured it out by dropping into bios on cold startups to "preheat" the power supply, then trying boots without it.

Corsair CX's better? I bloody hope so.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Corsair VS power supply is causing a BSOD on cold bootup, figured it out by dropping into bios on cold startups to "preheat" the power supply, then trying boots without it.

Corsair CX's better? I bloody hope so.

very interesting... this might just explain an issue I've been having that I always thought was the new RAM's fault...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

very interesting... this might just explain an issue I've been having that I always thought was the new RAM's fault...

I was getting BSOD's related to memory management the lot, at one point it seemed everything including the SSD was at fault o.O which was very odd, as once the computer had it's BSOD it would reboot and perform 100%.

2 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I was getting BSOD's related to memory management the lot, at one point it seemed everything including the SSD was at fault o.O which was very odd, as once the computer had it's BSOD it would reboot and perform 100%.

My issue is that I added some more RAM, and at the same exact time (coincidence?  Don't honestly know) I started getting an issue where any cold boot would BSOD on boot, but any sort of reboot was just fine and the system is totally rock solid while running... very odd

In fact, I think it was actually my very first post here! xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

BREEEEEEEE BREEEEEEE BREEEEEEEEEE

ching ching chong this is the weeaboo song ching ching chong feel free to sing a long ching ching CHOOOOONNNNNNG

I know a very wise catfish... his name... is Wong. 

Wong. Wong spent the majority of his life learning from teh wise ones. He fought many courageouss battles against the PC master cat. Unfortunately for his mere 140p potato sized screen, he was unable to land teh perfect xX420n0$c0P3Xx. He has spent the rest of his days as a juice box in the back of a gas station, waiting for the time. The time he might arise again and once more fight the mighty PC master race cat. 

I personally heavily disagree with novel entirely. CLEARLYYYYYYYYYY. AAAHHHHEEEEMMMM.... Wong should have been a puffy ass Dorito bag to match the story better. A Dorito bag trapped hopelessly in a crevice near the top of the isle... Idfk it's way too fucking hot here Jesus fucking Christ it's like 90 fucking degrees.

3 hours ago, Kierax said:

Yup this worked for me!  Booted from cold into BIOS for a few minutes before loading OS and it was perfect!  Which means I'm in the market for a new PSU... >:(  Ah well I guess I should have known better to research it a little more and not get a Tier 6... :P 

I hate people who age like whiskey:

7SSBNBA.jpg 

Linus is my fetish.

Huh. Bought a $2 mouse with led. Broke the next day. Well played

Nothing.