Wave 1 Backpack Shipping Update?

4P3t3sSake
45 minutes ago, Shin-Gouki said:

Me thinks there could be a video in the future showing a ton of shipping containers showing up at once ๐Ÿคฃ

I think Linus was hoping to make something happen with that this week but it didn't work out, some other projects took priority ๐Ÿ˜ž maybe next time we get 20 containers arriving at the same time hahaha (/s pls no i can only take so much)

15 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

I think Linus was hoping to make something happen with that this week but it didn't work out, some other projects took priority ๐Ÿ˜ž maybe next time we get 20 containers arriving at the same time hahaha (/s pls no i can only take so much)

Appreciate you Brotha

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys.ย 

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

Appreciate the update. I'm sure you guys know you have worldwide supporters, not just in Canada/US. I really liked the video Linus made on the screwdriver. I would think your audience expects the same transparency on 'lessons learned' later on the backpack too.

Battlestations

Spoiler

Clevo P775TM1 | i7-8700K Delidded | 32GB DDR4 2666MHz XMP | QHD 120Hz G-Sync | 1080 | 3TB NVMe

Lenovo Legion 7i | i7-11800H | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | QHD 165Hz G-Sync | 3080 | 4TB NVMe

PS3 Slim 320GB, Xbox 360 Super Elite FF XIII Special Edition 250GB, 1TBย  SSD PS4 Pro, 2TB PS5, Xbox Series X

Mobile

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Burgundy 1TB, M1 iPad Pro 12.9โ€ 2TB

ย 

Hey Everyone, keep the hope! It will come. It seemed like my order was just sitting in customs for multiple days and then all of a sudden it was in Chicago on its way to Michigan. A previous order I got last Monday had a couple more stops along the way, so this was a bit of a surprise. I think everyone is having a hard time. Wizmo shows an entry time of 9:55 am EST in Hodgkin's, Illinois. (Chicago) and my all of a sudden active UPS tracking shows leaving there at 1:55 pm EST today. But only wizmo shows the entry time, and only UPS shows the leave time. UPS says (right now it's 11:00 pm as I type this) its still going to be delivered by 7:00 pm this evening.โ˜บ๏ธ I am middle of 335 order in wave one.

ย 

Erbody having a rough day. Even the computers. Hurricanes, pandemics, wars, the threat of wars....Keep doing what your doing you bearded, sandal wearing, pink motor cycle riding, content creator. Keeping us all sane. Appreciate it broham.

got a wizmo and usps number woo! Hopefully will get it before holidays travel. What do we need to be wary about with zippers?ย 

1 hour ago, CFCorgi said:

got a wizmo and usps number woo! Hopefully will get it before holidays travel. What do we need to be wary about with zippers?ย 

Sideways/twisting pressure on the latch, I think

I contacted UPS for proof that my package was on the way. They sent me photo proof:

image.thumb.png.9410fccccf622bd5373c906a5d79ae46.png

ย 

Sorry Nick. IDK what kind of shipping service you guys are using. But it's been almost a week and there hasn't even been an update stating that my package has even left Vancouver yet.

5 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

I contacted UPS for proof that my package was on the way. They sent me photo proof:

ย 

Sorry Nick. IDK what kind of shipping service you guys are using. But it's been almost a week and there hasn't even been an update stating that my package has even left Vancouver yet.

The thing is, a lot of us who have the shipment notification is just meaning a label was printedโ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t mean the label has even been slapped on a box yet, even wave 1. So those of us who were excited to get the notification because it meant something was happening, so far itโ€™s just a label. Nick has said they got 25,000 at about the same time so Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™s a bit overwhelming for them, weโ€™ll have to stretch our patience just a tiny bit more hopefullyย 

3 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

The thing is, a lot of us who have the shipment notification is just meaning a label was printedโ€ฆ it doesnโ€™t mean the label has even been slapped on a box yet, even wave 1. So those of us who were excited to get the notification because it meant something was happening, so far itโ€™s just a label. Nick has said they got 25,000 at about the same time so Iโ€™m sure thatโ€™s a bit overwhelming for them, weโ€™ll have to stretch our patience just a tiny bit more hopefullyย 

Yea Idk. Support replied to my email stating it was shipped "from the warehouse" on the 13th.

6 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

Yea Idk. Support replied to my email stating it was shipped "from the warehouse" on the 13th.

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet. Is what UPS is telling me on the UPS app

29 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet. Is what UPS is telling me on the UPS app

I'm pretty sure they just printed the labels. There's no way they actually sent out 15.000 packages in 2 weeks.

8 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

ย 

I received my bag yesterday and it was the same thing.ย  UPS gives you an estimated delivery date and for me it was correct.ย  It went from label being printed, three business days later inย Bellingham, WA, hours later inย Tacoma WA, then delivered the following week in South Florida.ย  There were no updates at all for 6 days from WA to FL on the UPS site until after it was delivered.ย 

47 minutes ago, sl1200mk2 said:

I received my bag yesterday and it was the same thing.ย  UPS gives you an estimated delivery date and for me it was correct.ย  It went from label being printed, three business days later inย Bellingham, WA, hours later inย Tacoma WA, then delivered the following week in South Florida.ย  There were no updates at all for 6 days from WA to FL on the UPS site until after it was delivered.ย 

How long after your order was shipped did UPS update with an estimated delivery date? Mine still says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

9 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

How long after your order was shipped did UPS update with an estimated delivery date? Mine still says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

When I go to the UPS website it says that as well but when I go to the UPS app it tells me it will be delivered Mondayย 

4 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

When I go to the UPS website it says that as well but when I go to the UPS app it tells me it will be delivered Mondayย 

Interesting. But nope mine still says the same in the app lol.

9 hours ago, ndratz91 said:

Man, if everything wasn't so pressed for time, and we hadn't been waiting for 2 months, it would have been fun to see a BTS or SuperFun video where they make a giant fort out of all the boxes.ย  ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm in Wave 2 and got a shipping notification this morning. Also I watch the WAN show every week so I get my updates from there, I trust the process and if you're complaining about your order at this point, why did you bother preordering?

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

ย 

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

ย 

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plusย 

44 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

I'm in Wave 2 and got a shipping notification this morning. Also I watch the WAN show every week so I get my updates from there, I trust the process and if you're complaining about your order at this point, why did you bother preordering?

I know in my case I ordered because I felt a replacement backpack would be useful for a trip I was going on at the beginning of October and the initial date for shipping meant that there would be about a week of wiggle room for delays. While the main delay is in no way their fault, I could see for a lot of people who ordered it for similar reasons who get annoyed when they might get the label and have there been no order update from UPS, Canada Post, or another service with them seemingly not receiving them. When people who explicitly ordered in a later wave of shipments have received their backpacks.

43 minutes ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Well first off... Because I wanted a bag asap... Not in 6 months from now.

ย 

Second, while my feedback might seem unwarranted to you. IMO, it's better people like me and other loyal LTT viewers keep Linus, Nick and team honest about their business practices than average viewers that would likely just do a chargeback or leave negative reviews and trash the company when things go wrong. Feedback from the community is a great way for them to know the areas where they need to improve. It's obvious that they are seeing some extreme growing pains and need to make improvements multiple parts of the fulfilment process. The fact that it's been 7 days since my order shipped and there is still no update to my tracking info is pretty bad. Maybe they should consider a different service?ย 

1 hour ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Because, although the delay was in no way the fault of LMG, we ordered expecting shipping by the 20th of last month, knowing port delays could cause issues, then we got an update the 18th of last month saying wave two bags would be used to fulfill wave one if possible then move on to two, and they would be sent out the beginning of oct. Very few of us are upset about the delays, other than the labels being printed seemingly a week plus before they ship, understandable to get ready, a lot of us would have just liked another update or two, without having to scoure forums, Twitter, or a 2 hour long wan show, where they donโ€™t always have anything to say about them, especially given the cost. Nick gave us an update finally a few days ago and I appreciate it, Iโ€™m sure a lot do, and even said they are learning about better communication and other things. And itโ€™s a lot different being in wave 2 and getting a notification 10 days late, it was pretty much a month late for a lot of wave 1, and a month since the first update.ย 

4 hours ago, ndratz91 said:

Because, although the delay was in no way the fault of LMG, we ordered expecting shipping by the 20th of last month, knowing port delays could cause issues, then we got an update the 18th of last month saying wave two bags would be used to fulfill wave one if possible then move on to two, and they would be sent out the beginning of oct. Very few of us are upset about the delays, other than the labels being printed seemingly a week plus before they ship, understandable to get ready, a lot of us would have just liked another update or two, without having to scoure forums, Twitter, or a 2 hour long wan show, where they donโ€™t always have anything to say about them, especially given the cost. Nick gave us an update finally a few days ago and I appreciate it, Iโ€™m sure a lot do, and even said they are learning about better communication and other things. And itโ€™s a lot different being in wave 2 and getting a notification 10 days late, it was pretty much a month late for a lot of wave 1, and a month since the first update.ย 

Completely understand the frustration. Part of the challenge in this process has been determining the actual cause of issues and what's leading to things happening outside of the way that they should, and doing so in a timely manner without some of the feedback systems that would lead to better outcomes (which we will be working on). The last thing we want to do is provide an update with improper info, which has happened a few times by me along the way due to trying to rush an update/response.

ย 

We need better systems in place to ensure that we're auditing label printing on a more regular basis so we can catch these issues more quickly, as the follow-ups that we have in place did not work this time around... there were a few really, really silly issues like our label printing system using its own ordering queue rather than the store's ordering queue to pull orders by default, stuff that should just never happen and should be caught much more quickly.

ย 

The team is learning a lot along the way, and we've made some mistakes, for sure. We're trying to improve as we go.

9 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Completely understand the frustration. Part of the challenge in this process has been determining the actual cause of issues and what's leading to things happening outside of the way that they should, and doing so in a timely manner without some of the feedback systems that would lead to better outcomes (which we will be working on). The last thing we want to do is provide an update with improper info, which has happened a few times by me along the way due to trying to rush an update/response.

ย 

We need better systems in place to ensure that we're auditing label printing on a more regular basis so we can catch these issues more quickly, as the follow-ups that we have in place did not work this time around... there were a few really, really silly issues like our label printing system using its own ordering queue rather than the store's ordering queue to pull orders by default, stuff that should just never happen and should be caught much more quickly.

ย 

The team is learning a lot along the way, and we've made some mistakes, for sure. We're trying to improve as we go.

I completely understand and know yโ€™all are working on it all, it doesnโ€™t help yโ€™all had a plan that should have worked and the port issues out of your hands screwed yall on that, and these are huge numbers. Iโ€™m sure the backpack delays making it coincide more with screwdriver also didnโ€™t help yโ€™all, especially when you get almost everything at once. I was trying to let some people know why so many wave 1 people seemed upset, and personally, once you were like hey, thereโ€™s a ton getting here at once, we didnโ€™t forget about you, stuff incoming, it made me understand and see what was going on. It was a long month waiting ๐Ÿคฃ

27 minutes ago, ndratz91 said:

I completely understand and know yโ€™all are working on it all, it doesnโ€™t help yโ€™all had a plan that should have worked and the port issues out of your hands screwed yall on that, and these are huge numbers. Iโ€™m sure the backpack delays making it coincide more with screwdriver also didnโ€™t help yโ€™all, especially when you get almost everything at once. I was trying to let some people know why so many wave 1 people seemed upset, and personally, once you were like hey, thereโ€™s a ton getting here at once, we didnโ€™t forget about you, stuff incoming, it made me understand and see what was going on. It was a long month waiting ๐Ÿคฃ

Absolutely lol. Yeah 25,000 backpacks and 20,000 screwdrivers arriving within a week was... well, it was an adventure for our distribution team. I have nothing but appreciation for those folks, they work as hard as we could ever ask them to.

ย 

I can totally see why people are annoyed. I'm sure I would be if I was on the other side as well. But I really appreciate that people are taking the time to see it from our perspective, and listening to our updates & explanations.

ย 

Definitely never trying to make excuses for this, we should (and will) be better. Just excited to see that people are liking everything when they do get their long-awaited products in their hands ๐Ÿ™‚

14 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Absolutely lol. Yeah 25,000 backpacks and 20,000 screwdrivers arriving within a week was... well, it was an adventure for our distribution team. I have nothing but appreciation for those folks, they work as hard as we could ever ask them to.

ย 

I can totally see why people are annoyed. I'm sure I would be if I was on the other side as well. But I really appreciate that people are taking the time to see it from our perspective, and listening to our updates & explanations.

ย 

Definitely never trying to make excuses for this, we should (and will) be better. Just excited to see that people are liking everything when they do get their long-awaited products in their hands ๐Ÿ™‚

The only bummer is I was hoping to take it on the trip I just started to show it off to a few friends to convince them to buy one. Oh well, next time ๐Ÿ˜